ADVERTISEMENT

Head coach at MANATEE OUT

We have had some studs down here at the youth level and Im telling you Riverview will make a 3rd/4th round run this year!

That's a bold statement. How are the other teams looking in that area? Booker has a new staff. Sarasota got some Battie transfer from Braden River and Gagg from Sarasota. Is Sarasota going make any noise this year?

Josh has to be offered it first! He is a good guy and coach but he isn't in the top 5 of choices.

That is funny riverview deep playoff run, worry about getting out of the district first

The district isnt very good Manatee has issues so the View will certainly be in the playoffs I can promise you that. The Sarasota kid was at BR transferred back to Sota- they wont be very good but will probably be better off without Gagg and that crazy father. Yall have no idea!

The district isnt very good Manatee has issues so the View will certainly be in the playoffs I can promise you that. The Sarasota kid was at BR transferred back to Sota- they wont be very good but will probably be better off without Gagg and that crazy father. Yall have no idea!

Who is the new coach at booker? is there a new coach at sarasota and north port this year, smithers would be good choice for manatee

Did you hear something about North Port? That program deserves a coach to be there for more that ten minutes, but I see they got a new principal recently and new AD.

The guy from Colorado, Brian Hatler took over two seasons ago, think he's won a couple games each year, they also had that bad brawl with suspensions. Then again, as the below Herald-Trib clip points out when they hired him, you never really know...

"Hatler becomes the fifth North Port coach in the past four seasons. He replaces Jared Powers, who was on the job 50 days before resigning."

Last edited:

Are you saying Brian Gagg is now back at SHS ? His dad is crazy.

Gagg is back at Sarasota because he wasn't going to start at Braden River. They had a returning QB, and a transfer from IMG that will be the starter. Gagg and the JV running back Brian Battie both transferred to Sarasota.

No Gagg is at BRHS Im just saying we down here in Sota know the dad is crazy and a "know it all". The BR offense seems to click so if it's not he will blame it on the coach for sure even though that coach has had nothing but success... Gagg does not do well under pressure tends to turn it over and cant escape team's with speed. But according to the Bradenton paper he is certainly a Pirate....

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/article146970839.html

Reactions: Football941
A story to share, my 1st run in with Steve Berrey on this site was regarding Sexy and his firing at Valdosta HS. Steve was defending Sexy's honor in what was at that time an obviously difficult situation for Sexy, and I was more straight to the point on why things evolved the way they did.................So I got my very 1st blacklist by subsequently telling Steve "Relax, Tension retards the flow!" some how Steve took that as me calling him a retard..............but I obviously lived to post for another day .

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
A story to share, my 1st run in with Steve Berrey on this site was regarding Sexy and his firing at Valdosta HS. Steve was defending Sexy's honor in what was at that time an obviously difficult situation, and I was more straight to the point on why things evolved the way they did.................So I got my very 1st blacklist by subsequently telling Steve "Relax, Tension retards the flow!" some how Steve took that as me calling him a retard..............but I obviously lived to post for another day .

Go Canes Go!

Peezy blacklisted me early on in my 2016 FLAVarsity return...

I made reference to an OLD joke about DP and BOOM I was gone...

Once I messaged him and explained myself he lifted my suspension...

They could at least offer us a chance to take the Rivals Online Sensitivity Training before they blacklist us...

Reactions: peezy28
Apopka seems like a good situation. Why would he leave?
I'm wondering about much the same, and the only thing that makes sense to me is his eventual retirement, Bradenton's close proximity to the Gulf Coast beaches, and finally going to a football school with a rich foorball tradition which just happens to be located in that same city......... before he does head off into retirement........

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
On a side note it is rumored that Manatee informed Peacock that they would not need his services.

Personally I'd take Sexy Beast as the new HBC at Manatee as soon as I saw the application cross my desk.......without even a second thought!

Go Canes Go!

Peezy blacklisted me early on in my 2016 FLAVarsity return...

I made reference to an OLD joke about DP and BOOM I was gone...

Once I messaged him and explained myself he lifted my suspension...

They could at least offer us a chance to take the Rivals Online Sensitivity Training before they blacklist us...

Technically it wasn't "you" that I blacklisted tho LOL. but to your point see what happens when we discuss stuff off the board... You get a better understanding of the person behind the keyboard.

Reactions: 4A 8 FAN
Admin is going to be an issue for anyone considering this job. It does not appear that they want a strong spirited Head Coach. None of the mentioned coaches is going to do what the Administration wants every time. For example when they were hiring the new DC the Athletic Director was a part of the interview process instead of just the Head Coach. I don't know many top tier Head Coaches that would take a job where anyone is involved in staff decisions except as it pertains to getting a potential coach an in school job. The new principal has a history of mediocrity in excellence which will not be helpful.

Admin is going to be an issue for anyone considering this job. It does not appear that they want a strong spirited Head Coach. None of the mentioned coaches is going to do what the Administration wants every time. For example when they were hiring the new DC the Athletic Director was a part of the interview process instead of just the Head Coach. I don't know many top tier Head Coaches that would take a job where anyone is involved in staff decisions except as it pertains to getting a potential coach an in school job. The new principal has a history of mediocrity in excellence which will not be helpful.

I have heard talk of very similar circumstances at a recent Broward Public power. The end result was a mass exodus of most players and all coaches this spring....

Head Coaches moving on do generally affect teams but sometimes there are underlying circumstances exactly like what Bradentonian mentions that we are not privy to that ultimately effect programs more so.

Last edited:
I have heard talk of very similar circumstances at a recent Broward Public power. The end result was a mass exodus of most players and all coaches this spring....

Head Coaches moving on do generally affect teams but sometimes there are underlying circumstances exactly like Bradentonian mentions that we are not privy that ultimately effect programs more so.

Obviously, I am biased, as I would like nothing more than Coach Darlington to finish his high school coaching career at Apopka. (If he were to be offered a college position that would be different.) However, from the little I know of him, and this is limited to the private exchange of a few thoughts, together with following his career in the media over the years, I honestly feel he would be hamstrung at Manatee. No disrespect. Manatee is a great football program with a long, storied history. However, given SB's personality, I feel it would be highly likely that frustration would set in.

With the above said, Coach needs to do what he feels is in his and his family's best interest.

Buster Davis! I didn't even know he was coaching. What's his story? I saw that he was coaching in Oregon.

Buster Davis! I didn't even know he was coaching. What's his story? I saw that he was coaching in Oregon.
From what I could find online, Davis hasn't exactly blazed a trail of turning programs around, or establishing winning traditions. As a another side note for all the talk of Sexy Beast putting in for the job, his name was no where to be found from the list of 127 published in the Bradenton Herald and the Sarasota Herald Tribune?

Gp Canes Go!

No huge local interest.... Surprised a top level assistant at BR did not apply and no Peacock on the official list or any of his assistants. No big Lee county names either or any Riverview guys

From that list I of coaches, Scott Littles was assisted with Riverview, Booker, Tampa Chamberlain, and then took a head coaching job in his home state of Virgina. Scott has applied form a zillion jobs prior to his head coaching gig in VA. Dominique Dunbar has zero head coaching experience. I really don't know any of the other guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT