ADVERTISEMENT

Head coach at MANATEE OUT

Sliver, Several years back I visited Mystic seaport in Rhode Island during the month of July.........was over a 100 degrees that day too, that surprised me for a New England old seaport town..........anyways got to talking to several of the kids that were working there and they indicated they were doing an internship there, which included taking out a what looked to me a fairly good size ship with lots of mast and sails.....(is that what they call a schooner?). I could see you doing something like that, in as far as being the ole weathered seaman that teaches them fine art of how sail a grand old ship as a summer project?

If the Lincoln coach ends up being the guy, he wouldn't have been my first, second or third choice.........but at this point beggars cant be choosy.......my prediction is he doesn't last more than 3 years if he indeed is selected.

Go Canes Go!

Again funny you should say that, that old ship at Mystic is the Charles W. Morgan, an old whaler (not a schooner, schooners are fore and aft rigged, the Morgan is square rigged). Anyway they sailed her two years ago for the very first time since her sailing days ( think it was a million restoration to get her back into sailing condition) and my partner, Capt Kip Files, was the guy they chose to give that honor to. He's one of the top traditional Sailing Masters in the nation.

Again funny you should say that, that old ship at Mystic is the Charles W. Morgan, an old whaler (not a schooner, schooners are fore and aft rigged, the Morgan is square rigged). Anyway they sailed her two years ago for the very first time since her sailing days ( think it was a million restoration to get her back into sailing condition) and my partner, Capt Kip Files, was the guy they chose to give that honor to. He's one of the top traditional Sailing Masters in the nation.
When I was there, they were also working on restoring a old ship......it was in dry dock at the time.......wonder if that was the same ship?

Go Canes Go!

Probably, it was finished in 2014, they also have the Mystic Whaler and always a project going. Its a great little seaside attraction and museum.

Probably, it was finished in 2014, they also have the Mystic Whaler and always a project going. Its a great little seaside attraction and museum.
I was there before 2010......cant remember the exact year......... so that probably was it.

I just got banned from posting on the Manatee football page on facebook...........Reality is something they apparently dont want posted..............sad, Silver watching the program slowly sink back to what it had become prior to Joe's arrival........

Go Canes Go!

Wow, school boards are used to the minions falling in line, but sometimes they forget there are people out there that not only possess the speed to watch the shells move in the shell game, but also the attention to figure out where it ends up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT