Sep 20 @Venice High

Sep 27 @ LENNARD

Oct 04 BYE WEEK

Oct 11 HILLSBOROUGH RIVERVIEW

Oct 18 @NEWSOME

Oct 25 @ HAINES CITY

Nov 01 Sarasota

BOLD - DISTRICT GAMES

Palmetto 2x?? And if the View cant beat PHS again this year L's to Venice Naples and Braden River seem real BUT they still make the playoffs as a 6-4 district champ... Also no Manatee is a shame

That's an interesting move, mainly because he would have been the featured back this year. I liked the Junior QB at Riverview last year, I felt his growth during the season with his ability to excel at running the RPO as well as improving his accuracy in the passing game was instrumental with Riverview playing to the semi-finals. Leads me to question why Hayes would now leave Riverview and go to Booker?

Go Canes Go!

Poodah didn’t transfer to Booker and sounds like Booker decided to no longer play Riverview. Also Manatee wanted Riverview to travel to MMH for the second year in a row so they could not agree on a deal.

why would riverview travel? They went to MHS last year earned a home playoff game... Scheduling is based on the regular season home/away so typical Manatee b/s and not a good move by their new HC to NOT play a huge rivalry

why would riverview travel? They went to MHS last year earned a home playoff game... Scheduling is based on the regular season home/away so typical Manatee b/s and not a good move by their new HC to NOT play a huge rivalry
If that is in fact true, I agree 100% SaotaCoach2!

I indicated in another post not having Roverview on the schedule was a big mistake. My guess is the folks now running the program have no clue or respect for traditional rivalry's......Manatee and Riverview have played each other since Riverview 1st fielded a football team......and with the playoff format this game would have been a plus for Manatee to have Riverview on the schedule. Manatee has 7 home games scheduled this year, so that's a crock they couldn't give up one of those home games to play Riverview away. As it is last year I sat on the Riverview side of the field and most Riverview folks were in complete shock at the lack of Manatee fans in the stands for what was for all intent the District Championship!

Go Canes Go!

If that is in fact true, I agree 100% SaotaCoach2!

I indicated in another post not having Roverview on the schedule was a big mistake. My guess is the folks now running the program have no clue or respect for traditional rivalry's......Manatee and Riverview have played each other since Riverview 1st fielded a football team......and with the playoff format this game would have been a plus for Manatee to have Riverview on the schedule. Manatee has 7 home games scheduled this year, so that's a crock they couldn't give up one of those home games to play Riverview away. As it is last year I sat on the Riverview side of the field and most Riverview folks were in complete shock at the lack of Manatee fans in the stands for what was for all intent the District Championship!

Go Canes Go!

Well Shakir has run off (from what we here south of University pkwy) Carnes and Thor and other "Manatee" people so maybe he isnt connecting well with the fan base either. But doesnt mean much if you win they will come. So, I dont know what the MHS issue is but yes they usually did their part to pack the house

Well Shakir has run off (from what we here south of University pkwy) Carnes and Thor and other "Manatee" people so maybe he isnt connecting well with the fan base either. But doesnt mean much if you win they will come. So, I dont know what the MHS issue is but yes they usually did their part to pack the house

TWC2499, is this true........Brion Carnes and Thor Miler are no longer coaching at Manatee as well as other coaches that were with Manatee last year? If it is true I will go ahead and go back to my prediction when Shakir was originally hired. "Wasn't a good hire and wont last past 3 years!"

Go Canes Go!

Carnes and Thor where good players but coaching not so much and some people where complaining about there bad coaching last year

Would be interested in who exactly "some people" were? As I would be also interested in who "Some People"replaced Carnes and Thor Miller with?

Its year 3 for Shakir.....I would expect by year-3, blaming bad assistant coaches for poor on the field performance beyond being lame at that point. From my own perspective I had more issues with the over-all lack of fundamentals on the defensive side of the ball at Manatee than I did with the over-all lack of execution of play by players on the offensive side of the ball. Offensively the only issue I noted on a recurring basis last year, was play calling at critical points of the game, yet I saw enough positives that I felt with the right kind of tutoring Carnes had some real potential as a OC........

Go Canes Go!

Nu'Trelle have claim for years that if gatorman001 was name O.C. and put in charge of play callin and figurin out who gonna be in the backfield, Manatee would return to prominence. In fack, in his spare time, gatorman could probably get both lines playin much mo physikle.

A good HC coaches up his young coaches. I know both of those young men and they would do whatever they were told to do to the best of their abilities. Manatee has struggled to maintain a staff since they got rid of a couple hundred years of experience under Booth.

Back to the View. The new rb is a dude and the up front boys arent bad. SHould push the kittens around during spring game. Booker on the come up Venice is Venice and Sota will be better so if View is as good as advertised good year for Sota county

Poodah will not even be the starter at RHS. I spoke with the OC there the other night and they are high on this kid that transferred from Cardinal Mooney. They are just trying to keep poodah around so he doesn’t go to another school and have him his senior year.

Exactly. RHS offensive coordinator is real high on Mooney kid. I think he played at Mooney as well. The OC played at Mooney that is.

Poodah will not even be the starter at RHS. I spoke with the OC there the other night and they are high on this kid that transferred from Cardinal Mooney. They are just trying to keep poodah around so he doesn’t go to another school and have him his senior year.

Pretty ridiculous to say that Poodah won’t be starting. I’d be willing to bet you whatever you want that Poodah starts. He will be a huge part of the offense.

Your on Bradentucky. Unless there is a huge change of heart with staff. They love the Mooney kid
Must be talking about Trayvon Hall, who will now be at his 3rd different school in 3 years if he has in fact transferred to Riverview. He similar in size to Boyce but I don't believe he runs with the same kind of authority, nor am I convinced Riverview will be able to ride him for 30+ carries a game like Riverview did with Boyce. Displays nice vision and has the ability to read and react to what is happening in front of him without losing any speed. I really liked the Riverview QB last year as the season progressed..(also a Cardinal Mooney transfer), if he continues to improve with his ability to throw the ball.....looks like Riverview will have an offense that will be hard to reckon with next season!

Go Canes Go

Your on Bradentucky. Unless there is a huge change of heart with staff. They love the Mooney kid

So you’re telling me Poodah will not be on the field as a starter? Will probably be starting at the same slot position he did last year. Absolutely no way he is not a starter next year.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Hayes will touch the ball A LOT in the fall. He is their best offensive weapon hands down. Hall will get the carries for the spring game because Hayes isn't playing in the spring game I don't think. I'm not sure how well Sarasota High will do this year but I haven't heard anything about them and that's not good. Booker's season will depend on how they hold up in the new district. The issue with Booker is their lack of organization with the football program.

I think Venice and riverview will go deep in the playoffs them other teams it’s gone come down to coaching cause Sarasota manatee Braden river palmetto has talent everywhere but lack coaching and booker is rebuilding so we will see

I think Venice and riverview will go deep in the playoffs them other teams it’s gone come down to coaching cause Sarasota manatee Braden river palmetto has talent everywhere but lack coaching and booker is rebuilding so we will see

Booker has been rebuilding for 10 years. They will finish 3rd behind Jesuit and Chamberlain.

How do teams that made the playoffs MHS/PHS/BRHS lack coaching? Do you coach? People are quick to jump on coaches but cant draw up a basic front or bring anything to the table... If you cant do it how do you know they cant? Just wondering

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT