ADVERTISEMENT

New DeSoto County Coach

Well that's great. It' like Cheers around here. 'Where everybody knows your name.'
Toolboy, it's a small town, but you seem to know more than most.

Poolgirl, stop honey, it’s getting bad. Stick with eating HO HOs, and stop posting about football.

Well bludog they were briefly successful running the read option with Reggie Jones at QB, won the district that year and could have made a run in the playoffs with him if he wouldn’t have had a season ending injury at Bayshore that year. But you are correct about the wing-t and Desoto.

Well bludog they were briefly successful running the read option with Reggie Jones at QB, won the district that year and could have made a run in the playoffs with him if he wouldn’t have had a season ending injury at Bayshore that year. But you are correct about the wing-t and Desoto.

So who else is on this staff, beside Poolgirl and DJack?

Well poolgirl is team manager and flavarsity forums director. Are you looking for a gig down south bludog? I can probably put a good word in for you.

So who else is on this staff, beside Poolgirl and DJack?
Well poolgirl is team manager and flavarsity forums director. Are you looking for a gig down south bludog? I can probably put a good word in for you.
Really not funny Wilddog10 you keep acting like you are coach Hay grow up and get a life. Coach Hay is putting together a GREAT staff. Former Bulldog Mark Anderson will be the play caller in the "Dog-bone" triple option offense. The head coaches brother will help from the booth. "Rumor on the street" has it that Monty McLeod is coaching the offensive line and Al Blackwood is coaching d-line, Miami Florida coaching product Troy Hughes LB and Defensive Coordinator. Poolboy will coach where he is needed probably will coach monster-backs. We will be in 6-2 stack monster as a base not sure who the db coach is.

Well looks like poolboy just went by his local boost store and bought somemore minutes...

So Mark Anderson is doing the play calling? From sidelines or from the press box?

I don’t know what is funnier, the Mark Anderson line or the Troy Hughes line, BaHaHaHa!!!!

a 6-2 huh? LOL spread will kill you but ya'll arent very good anyways. That explains a lot

a 6-2 huh? LOL spread will kill you but ya'll arent very good anyways. That explains a lot

That was a killer D for might mites, I would have to see what kind of SWAG, Bumper offers--- did someone say Silver coaching pants?

I’m sure bludog coach Hay would turn a blind eye to whatever you chose to wear. You could pull a Bob Martin in reverse and add to your long resume...

Desoto going to bring back the guy who use to say "lookie here, lookie here, lookie here"? Best announcer they ever had, use to get a lot of laughs from the visitor bleachers...Gotta bring back the whole package..

I’m sure bludog coach Hay would turn a blind eye to whatever you chose to wear. You could pull a Bob Martin in reverse and add to your long resume...

I'm not sure my long pants will make the cut---If Poolgirl has her way, entire coaching staff, skins and speedos -- DJack already said he is in

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Always find room for qualified coaches you know that Bludog. You would look good in blue and silver.

Always find room for qualified coaches you know that Bludog. You would look good in blue and silver.
I think you are sucking up to the wrong Wildcat, bludog was not the HC. The link that is on the Georgia Coaches pay has supplements and Desoto is around $3800. I am sure Hay will put the time in and probably do a good job. The last guy at Desoto told many of us the school system was going to build him an indoor practice facility. With the exception of HWF most Wildcats appreciate good coaches. The worst hire we made in 40 years was PR and he was a veteran assistant at Hardee under Bob Martin. Contrary to HWF's opinion we have had a very good string of coaches from Kapusta forward. Tim and Buddy both worked with Ritchie Marsh. Our worst was not bad, but his DC cost us a playoff spot against Desoto.

Pretty sure I know which wildcat I’m sucking up to Martinfan. I know he was never an HC but should have been and you know it. Buddy was a “yes man” and they don’t make great coaches. PR should have stayed OL coach but felt he could handle the HC role, well we know how that went. I do like coach kemp, seems to have a solid young staff around him hopefully he works out but time will tell. As for the indoor facilities, that was Matt’s pipe dream, Desoto got an arena from Mosaic and without a motivated booster like the Foundation Hardee has behind them it will be difficult to get larger donations that actually change a program for the better but time will tell.

Pretty sure I know which wildcat I’m sucking up to Martinfan. I know he was never an HC but should have been and you know it. Buddy was a “yes man” and they don’t make great coaches. PR should have stayed OL coach but felt he could handle the HC role, well we know how that went.

No, he should not have been the HC. Being the head coach it is not a birthright and I am proud Hardee has always attempted to hire the best man.We have taken two shortcuts and one did not work and that was PR who coached the cats many more years than blu did. The other was DB and he worked out well, we had the chance to hire Roy Allen and passed on him . Buddy was not a "yes man" he was a very good football coach. Wilddog I see many similarities between your new DC and our old one that you flatter. When they did not get the job they quit coaching. They are both grown men and that is a decision they can and should make.

Last edited:
No, he should not have been the HC. Being the head coach it is not a birthright and I am proud Hardee has always attempted to hire the best man.We have taken two shortcuts and one did not work and that was PR who coached the cats many more years than blu did. The other was DB and he worked out well, we had the chance to hire Roy Allen and passed on him . Buddy was not a "yes man" he was a very good football coach. Wilddog I see many similarities between your new DC and our old one that you flatter. When they did not get the job they quit coaching. They are both grown men and that is a decision they can and should make.

Martinfan, anyone who PLAYED for Bob Martin has the utmost respect for PR as a man and a coach, you bash PR, but he had a winning record as HC, and so did TP--- and Buddy did well also, but any of those guys for RA, are you kidding me? How may times did he beat Hardee? I can recall once--- also get you facts straight neither for the DC quit coaching, in fact DJack had a big hand in turning the AP program around under Wade. You sound like a very average Tennis player that used to be on here

Not to change the subject but does Hardee have to same problem Desoto has with losing kids to other programs?

No sir they do not. Had a few years back that would go to FM that lived in BG but since they have graduated years back it has stopped. Also had the Rich boy about 7-8 years ago go to Lakeland but that was a rare occasion. Hardee is a little more secluded geographically than Desoto is, also kids from Hardee WANT to play for Hardee. You still have kids that play multiple sports, especially baseball kids. For some reason the kids that play baseball in desoto feel that is the only sport they should be playing, when in reality most aren’t worth a damn and are probably concentrating on the wrong sport anyways. There are big differences between Hardee and Desoto and not only at the schools but the communities as a whole. Not to bash Desoto because the people are good people, but they don’t take pride in the program and maybe that’s because the program has not been much to talk about in a positive way for some time. Maybe that can change but we shall see....

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
I'm hoping having a coach with local ties again will help get the community back involved. I also think getting the support of the community could possibly help in keeping the kids at home. When the boys know the whole town is behind them, they will want to play for Desoto again. I also think bridging the gap between the middle school and high school could help too. How these things are accomplished will be the hard part. But it can be done.

Reactions: Wilddog10
I'm hoping having a coach with local ties again will help get the community back involved. I also think getting the support of the community could possibly help in keeping the kids at home. When the boys know the whole town is behind them, they will want to play for Desoto again. I also think bridging the gap between the middle school and high school could help too. How these things are accomplished will be the hard part. But it can be done.

New weight rooms for both schools would be HUGE

Interesting string....The only thing I know about Desoto County is they had some burner named Fred Fields in the late 80's or something...

A fieldhouse would go a long way..
That is a done deal. We have a ton of support and a commitment from the top to build a fieldhouse. We will probably break ground this fall. We are going to look at Lakeland's fieldhouse and duplicate it. Don't listen to the naysayers 89 I am ready to feast on Tarpon and Catmeat! How about you 89?

You have a horrible attitude. You come on here acting like you know everything about the Bulldogs. You are talking like you are coach Hay for crying out loud. Who made you the boss of Bulldog football? We ARE EXCITED for the first time since Scroggins left. Please don't rain on our parade. I am trying to heal wounds and you are pouring salt in them.

I feel like I’m being scalded by my 3rd grade Sunday school teacher. I do enjoy your post though. Since you have finally found out that D-Jack is coaching are you still coaching the Monster Backs? Asking for a friend...

You have a horrible attitude. You come on here acting like you know everything about the Bulldogs. You are talking like you are coach Hay for crying out loud. Who made you the boss of Bulldog football? We ARE EXCITED for the first time since Scroggins left. Please don't rain on our parade. I am trying to heal wounds and you are pouring salt in them.
Come on Caitlyn er I mean pool boy get a life, I thought the dogs were excited when the cigar kid took them to Cocoa.

I have a life and am proud of it. We were excited about Bulldog football for some of the Morton tenure. He never seemed happy to be here though. We have had a horrible run since Jim Scroggins. Messina needed more discipline and called horrible timeout that allowed Booker to keep us out of the playoffs. Messina had a horrible version of the wing t. Bennett was hard headed and he kicked too many good players off, got creamed by Hardee. He was an arrogant @#$ and ended the Charlotte rivalry and only had one good team that Pace killed. Talbot was horrible worse discipline than Messina. Morton had some great teams but was negative and hard headed. The kids started leaving Desoto during the Morton era.. Egloff had great players and could not win then lost players to other schools. So yeah it has been a long dry spell and if we support coach Hay we will play for championships like the old days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT