ADVERTISEMENT

New DeSoto County Coach

Great, where is coming from and when do you think he will be there? Was he a head coach where he was at or a coordinator?

He is right here in DeSoto so he is here right now. He has coached Bulldogs before as a assistant. He has been the head coach and athletic director of our Pop Warner team. We are a poor school and did not have teaching jobs for a head coach or assistant coaches. But I hear Coach Hay is looking at some great coaches from the community, we should have the best coaches in the area. We just need to get behind him and the team and give them support. We are going play Charlotte and Venice for sure and maybe one other big school. The Bite is Back Go Dogs!

DeSoto Poolboy. If I did not hate DeSoto so bad I would be embarrassed for y'all. Dude you are probably the only public school in the state that has a community coach for a head coach and staff comprised of community coaches. I know Bumper and he is not a teacher so he is not going to be on campus. Pop Warner coach in the big seat only in DeSoto. You never go first class it is always half#*@$. I bet you are one of the outstanding community coaches that is there to lead the mighty Dawgs. If I was Hay the first thing I would do is fire you for posting this on the board. Charlotte and Venice have pretty good coaches and so does Hardee, Sebring, All of Polk County, most of Lee County. I would the the guy at Port Charlotte might be doing the best of anyone. Wait and brag after you have won a few games. The problem with DeSoto is you are always unhappy with the coach ran a few great ones out 1. Bob Martin and 2 Brad Scott 3Jim Scroggins. Coach Martin did pretty well for us. Brad Scott was the head coach at USC and Scroggins took Bay to the state championship game. Not poor county how about poor decisions. I did not care for Morton he was a cocky fellow with his victory cigar but he could coach. I heard he wanted to comeback and y'all did not even call him, hilarious. Cant wait to see how your season goes Poolboy.

PS. Poolboy you have done the impossible. The sheer stupidity of you saying you would have the best staff in the area made me register for a screen name. I have lurked and read this board several times but thanks to you, now I am officially on it.

Who cares about being a teacher? Coaching is coaching whether Pop Warner, High School, College or Pro. See if you are so smug after we play you. I don't know about the great ones Martin and Scott, they were way before I was in school. I don't think Scroggins was ran off. Not that your opinion matters, you are a rude person. We are going to feast on Cat meat in 2018.

5A and that poor of a school that Desoto cannot hire their head coach as a teacher anywhere? I don't know if he is certified or what but not to have your HC a teacher or on campus at the high school may just cause problems later on. Seriously, get that man a job somewhere, sweeping the floors and cleaning the bathrooms or something. I am sure Desoto isn't that poor. I'm sure there are cooks retiring each year he can take a position. You want him on campus!!!

Before you "feast" on Cat meat I think you guys needs to get Desoto players back in Desoto first because of right now they are filling the spots down at the Pirates!!!!

Mildcat fan Bumper works for Todd Rebol in Punta Gorda. He does not have to "sweep floors". Port Charlotte won't play us cause they know if we kick that tail our kids will all come back.

DeSoto Poolboy and MartinManWildcatfan welcome to the board...

Congrats on the new Desoto hire - and if Coach Hay has anything to do with bringing back the historical Desoto - Charlotte rivalry, well I'm already a big fan of his. That was a real rivalry for most of the last century, not some Johnny-come-lately rivalry that the press has to force.

That has always been a cyclical series. When my Tarpon team beat them it was for the first time in 15 years. The dogs had dominated for a long time. After a lot of those old guys graduated, they'd still meet out at Bar 17 on Friday nights and fight, instead of play football. Yes, both towns went hard at each other, but respected each other - you don't see that much anymore.

Don't let the trolls get you down Desoto - they come and go. There's some guys who know HS football on here and support their teams, win or lose.

Thank You Silver King. We look forward to playing the Tarpons again. It has been a great rivalry. Hopefully Mr. Cline will see the facilities that Charlotte has and build something like that for DeSoto!

Reactions: Silver King
Poolboy, you run that mouth alot. What position did you play? M or F in mixed doubles tennis. I know there is noway you played at DeSoto or anywhere outside of little league. You have zero respect for anyone else. If you played football you would discover that bigger, faster, and tougher usually wins. No way DeSoto can play with Venice or Charlotte. Getting facilities, you need to smell the roses if your school board cared about football they would have held a real search and put the coach in as the AD. I think you might be a good guy. But I know you are that guy that cries watching Rudy.

Hopefully Mr. Cline will see the facilities that Charlotte has and build something like that for DeSoto!

Hurricane Charley was Mother Nature's Urban Renewal to get us that. FEMA helped pay for that. But like Desoto, it was the oldest school in the county and was long overdue.

Desoto I’m all for the hire just don’t understand why he doesn’t ha e a full time position? Remember I was the one on here who called Desoto out for not hiring within or an alumni. I’m all for the hire and I hope the rivalry gets back to the way it was.

DeSoto Poolboy and MartinManWildcatfan welcome to the board...
There's some guys who know HS football on here and support their teams, win or lose.

I know that was pointed towards me SK. I’m fine with that remark and FYI I do support my team win or lose. I just don’t support the Offensive Scheme win or lose. Whenever you put the weight of the whole offense on one person how can your other players grow? I thought this game was a team effort?

Mildcat fan Bumper works for Todd Rebol in Punta Gorda. He does not have to "sweep floors". Port Charlotte won't play us cause they know if we kick that tail our kids will all come back.

But is he going to have a teaching job at the high school? What I’m saying is he shouldn’t be HC if he wasn’t given a position at the high school. I’m fighting for him to get a position is all I’m saying.

I don't think we needs or wants a teaching job. Thanks for the clarification Hardee Wildcat Fan. I have been known to get too excited and probably need to calm down. I am just so excited and let it get away with me. I respect the Hardee program and the job that Coach Bryan has done up there.

Come on Pup, cut him some slack, it's been hard to find much enthusiasm up HWY 17. I like the new guy's style - scheduling State Champion Venice. Damn, you have to admit that's an impressive move.

The Indians most likely would have jacked last year's Tarpon team up if it weren't for the hurricane canceling it.

Teams that schedule tough teams like that and can find a way to hold their own against one or two, benifit from it. Look at a team like Port Charlotte, for decades they've only been scheduling non-district teams they can beat. They seldom play teams with winnning records. So, I say good for this new guy - he's playing on house money.

Coach Hay was the OC for Desoto for many years, and is a Desoto guy. Time will tell and I’m sure he will try and get Charlotte at least, not sure about Venice back on the schedule. Time will tell, but Desoto will definitely have a different look this year. Winning is the cure-all.
Maybe poolguy has some inside info that know one knows about? He sure likes himself some coach Hay!!

Bye the way SK, if Desoto starts winning your roster might tighten up. But I don’t want to be a plunger and bring it back up. Oh and just a heads up but Desoto County incorporated Nocatee this past year...

And if athletes get consistency, something to believe in and results, they have no reason to leave; human nature everybody wants to be a winner.

I don't think we needs or wants a teaching job. Thanks for the clarification Hardee Wildcat Fan. I have been known to get too excited and probably need to calm down. I am just so excited and let it get away with me. I respect the Hardee program and the job that Coach Bryan has done up there.
Poolboy I was wrong about you. You have an uncanny knowledge of football. You have tremendous insight in to Wildcat football. We thought we could sneak our coach by but you are far too clever for us. Most people think Brian Kemp is the head ball coach, not you, you have seen through the smoke screen. When coach Bryan got out of coaching it was all to throw the dawgs off track. Most DeSoto fans thought it was Price, Buddy Martin, maybe Kemp, but not you. I'll bet you got the insight from Elvis eating a Pork Sandwich at Slims. I was wrong PB you a true Guru.

Best of Luck to coach Hay and the Bulldogs. I heard former Southeast coach John Warren had applied and never heard who got the job. He would have done a great job and so will coach Hay. We had heard former coach Morton was coming back and then that he did not apply. Desoto County needs to get their sports news in the papers. I have enjoyed reading the comments it seems like Desoto will be a force to contend with.

In the words of Kurt Russell in the movie Wyatt Earp “Coach Hay is coming and Hell is coming with him”!!!! Lol.

I assure you martinwildfan or whatever I am not him. If I was the coach Desoto Football would be an extremely large pile of warm matter located directly below a dogs orifice. I haven’t even coached Pop Warner yet I wouldn’t qualify.

Slims, another good reason to restart the Arcadia / Punta Gorda rivalry back up. I'd even give you guys the first home game because of Slims.

Martinwildfan I actually thought your comments were rather original and enjoyed reading them. Please don’t start acting like a Wauchula graduate now, please....

Grey Mullett aka SK is fun to go back and forth with but only because he is rather quick with his comebacks and rather knowledgeable about his team, don’t let poolboy rub off on you, you show promise.

Will do wilddog. One question is it true poolboy said he would be coach Hay's Huckleberry? Good luck to the dawgs this year, but I am not sure if I would let poolboy be the official team spokesman though!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT