ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Meade34 Bartow10

Trenton will have their hands full with Ft Meade and/or Pahokee...either way,there will b no easy road to Orlando for any team.

Fort Meade is a team you better get a big lead on because they can break a big play at the blink of the eye.

Reactions: FMMG
They'll have to b to get to orlando...with some luck. Many a team has dominated regular season only to get beat in playoffs. I've been to a few trenton games...great atmosphere, hard nosed,discipline,well coached young men.

I agree the south end will be the most difficult road we have ever faced with the addition of Ft Meade and Pahokee, and also Frostproof, And if you come out of that you got Union County or Madison waiting on you in the semi final. It wont be easy for any of us. Good luck and i hope it works out for our teams to meet on the field. I do think Ft Mead and Pahokee both make the playoff.

The south bracket is loaded for sure. Ft Meade, Pahokee and Trenton look to be the best teams in the state and you will probably see those matchups in the 1st and 2nd round. Trenton may have one of the best defenses I've seen in a long time. The game with Episcopal will be over at kickoff, no way they play with Trenton. Should be fun moving forward.

Well Ft Meade or Pahokee would be in for a heck of a ride if they wanted to play a 1A school. So they have to play up pretty much unfortunately. If they make it through without getting banged up should help them in the playoffs.

Reactions: peezy28
I agree Capt. It does help them but like you said, when you have 25-35 players you have to try to get wins, for the experience, without costing the team.

Hopefully so...win or lose,it'll b fun getting to see unfamiliar teams come playoff time. Sooo tired of seeing the private all-stars...
Oh, here we go...crying this all-too-familiar cry...seriously? Even in a year in which public schools are carrying the big stick at this level - we still have to suffer through the woe-is-me act from the publicly funded educational facilities? Why wouldn't you try to enjoy your time on time instead of using it a soapbox to rail against private schools? By the way, I must add, when you whine while you're winning, it's really unbecoming and defeats your whole argument...if private schools are "all-stars" then why aren't they tops this year? Whatever your answer is to that question, do it again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...

Trinity Christian is #1 and beat 8A power West Orange handily. In the old system for smaller schools before the Rural division that is who the Ft Meade, Trenton, Blountstown, Pt St Joe, and Dixie Co's had to play to win a state championship. Schools of that size are lucky to have a D1 player every few years at best, yet Trinty usually has 4-8 or more per year. Pretty sure you won't find a small public with that kind of talent every year.

Oh, here we go...crying this all-too-familiar cry...seriously? Even in a year in which public schools are carrying the big stick at this level - we still have to suffer through the woe-is-me act from the publicly funded educational facilities? Why wouldn't you try to enjoy your time on time instead of using it a soapbox to rail against private schools? By the way, I must add, when you whine while you're winning, it's really unbecoming and defeats your whole argument...if private schools are "all-stars" then why aren't they tops this year? Whatever your answer is to that question, do it again next year...and the year after that...and the year after that...
Not all Private schools are but over the years a few have ruined that level for the rest, Why do you think we have over 80 independents that have left the FHSAA playoff system. Only 28 Schools in 3A and if i am not wrong (have been before but not often) there is only 1 is Public (Taylor County) and 33 in 2A all Private.

but the vast majority of the independent schools are private schools...not public schools. If we continued that thought, it appears that small private schools have a hard time competing as it is...not small public schools. I agree, a few private schools have earned poor reputations...what I don't agree on is lumping the other 90% of private schools into the same category and crying about all of them. Out of curiosity, is it commonly believed that public schools don't have "all-star" rosters as well? Certainly not all of them, but I believe "a few public schools" could earn the same reputation in return...I just don't hear the private school folks weeping woe-is-me. What statistics indicate to us is that the private schools go independent instead of crying for a district they can win. Finally, I don't know about Taylor County and why they are where they are, assignment-wise...but I'd think it had to do with travel...it usually does. Other than that, the "rural" designation allows small one-town public schools (whom I LOVE, by the way) to avoid the private school "ruiners"...right?

It was setup to allow the smaller rural schools to compete against on another there are a couple of Private schools that qualify for 1A but declined to join. The original Student count was set at 600 and down with a Rural designation but during the last cycle a few schools that where over 600 was allowed to come in. Baldwin, Fort White, and Union County was over the last count, Madison, Ft Meade, Pahokee are all under the 600 count. Taylor County was also over but for some reason they got turned down thus leaving them as the only 3A public school. But back to my point about the independents i really believe that if the FHSAA made the 2A problem schools play up to 3A or even 4A i think you could convince at least 40 or more independents to come back into the fold. It's a problem that needs to be dealt with or 2A and 3A will have to combine and then i think you will see some more teams go independent. Just from my point of view,

Phac your original question was " if private schools are all stars why aren't they tops this year". Pretty sure I gave you evidence ( Trinity Christian) that they are tops. The guys original statement was he was glad they didn't have to play those private powers anymore, which if they were still 3A they would play eventually. No one said every private school recruits, just a select few who always remain on top.

yeah I'm not arguing with ya' Cap'n...but my address was to schools at this level - who don't even play Trinity...so, take Trinity out of the equation...who are they complaining about?

It was setup to allow the smaller rural schools to compete against on another there are a couple of Private schools that qualify for 1A but declined to join. The original Student count was set at 600 and down with a Rural designation but during the last cycle a few schools that where over 600 was allowed to come in. Baldwin, Fort White, and Union County was over the last count, Madison, Ft Meade, Pahokee are all under the 600 count. Taylor County was also over but for some reason they got turned down thus leaving them as the only 3A public school. But back to my point about the independents i really believe that if the FHSAA made the 2A problem schools play up to 3A or even 4A i think you could convince at least 40 or more independents to come back into the fold. It's a problem that needs to be dealt with or 2A and 3A will have to combine and then i think you will see some more teams go independent. Just from my point of view,

why don't they let private schools under 600 join? They keep Corrine Brown elected this exact same way, you know...

Reactions: Fan 74
Is there a single private school in this bunch? If not, then what "private school all-star" team have they been playing in the playoffs? I don't understand why that entered the conversation? By the way, if they offered small private schools (true private schools...you know what I mean) an "urban" form of this "rural" district, most - if not all - of those 80 independents would return immediately.

Class 1A

(40 Schools)
Fall 2014 Student Enrollment 1-600

Region 1
(9 schools)

District 1
(3 schools)

Baker
Jay - X
Northview (Bratt)

District 2
(6 schools)

Cottondale
Graceville - X
Holmes County (Bonifay)
Sneads
Vernon
Wewahitchka

Region 2
(9 schools)

District 3
(5 schools)

Blountstown
Bozeman (Panama City)
Freeport - X
Port St. Joe
South Walton (Santa Rosa Beach)

District 4
(4 schools)

Chipley
Franklin County (Eastpoint)
Liberty County (Bristol) - X
West Gadsden (Greensboro)

Region 3
(10 schools)

District 5
(5 schools)

Bell
Hamilton County (Jasper)
Jefferson County (Monticello) - X
Lafayette (Mayo)
Madison County (Madison)

District 6
(5 schools)

Baldwin
Hawthorne
Fort White
Hilliard
Union County (Lake Butler) - X

Region 4
(12 schools)

District 7
(7 schools)

Branford
Bronson
Chiefland
Dixie County (Cross City)
Newberry - X
Trenton
Williston

District 8
(5 schools)

Crescent City
Fort Meade - X
Frostproof
Pahokee
Taylor (Pierson)

...and you cant say 2A is the private school version of this either...instead of 600, the population of 2A only goes up to 290.

...so, you force moderate-sized private schools to jump in at the 3A level...with teams that have enrollment of 291-680...I said 680...and place them in a district with Trinity...Episcopal...Providence? Can it be any wonder that it is private schools in this window who are jumping to independent? You're going to get a kid killed playing those other schools...

I think you may be missing the point Phac. If the FHSAA just enforced the rules in place with a few schools I'm sure most of those private schools would not be independent. They should have a separate private division for all those schools that are terrible, then the ones who elect to stay make them play 2 classes up. Then they can recruit or so whatever they want. The Rural division or 1A are only public schools, so there aren't any private schools. Ft Meade has been playing up the last 4 years because there are no small schools in south Fl. I wonder how many runner up trophies Ft Meade has in losses to a private school power.

Reactions: riverrat1961
I do appreciate your reply, Cap'n...however, you didn't address my question which was "why is someone crying private school cheaters" in a division without private schools?

I'll add a second question...do you believe that public schools don't break the rules every bit as much as private schools?

What he was revering to Phac is that last year they played in 3A loaded with Private schools NOW he is glad they dont have to face them in the play offs. At least that is how i comprehend what he said.

If the FHSAA just enforced the rules in place with a few schools I'm sure most of those private schools would not be independent.
...now, I hate to ask...but do you have evidence of rule breaking that you're not contacting the FHSAA about? I ask because typically it is just presumed that rule breaking is happening...when, in fact, the FHSAA is presented with no evidence. Or, are you saying that you believe the FHSAA looks the other way when presented with evidence of rule breaking?

They should have a separate private division for all those schools that are terrible, then the ones who elect to stay make them play 2 classes up.
...like an "urban" division? I don't understand the "ones who elect to stay"...are you saying that small private schools should just be kicked out of the FHSAA if they want to play? To me, that hardly even seems like an option. What would you say if the answer to 1A was "leave the FHSAA if you don't like it"?

Then they can recruit or so whatever they want.
...who says they want to recruit any more than anyone else?

The Rural division or 1A are only public schools, so there aren't any private schools.
...again, I don't understand why "private school all-star teams" was ever mentioned then...it's completely sour grapes.

Ft Meade has been playing up the last 4 years because there are no small schools in south Fl. I wonder how many runner up trophies Ft Meade has in losses to a private school power.
...I think the Meade is awesome!

What he was revering to Phac is that last year they played in 3A loaded with Private schools NOW he is glad they dont have to face them in the play offs. At least that is how i comprehend what he said.

...what makes his team worthy of having an "escape" option...but that same option is not availed to private schools?

if the "rural" division didn't exist, then 3A wouldn't have to extend to 680 and a more equitable playing field would exist for everyone...not just public schools. If anyone is being shafted here, it's the private schools who aren't given a similar safe haven! How is that fair to all?

Well I'm not a Ft Meade fan but I would guess he is referring to the many years they had to endure competing with those guys. Since 1993 Ft Meade has made the playoffs 18 times and they were eliminated by a private school 14 times. That would include 5 times in the finals. I would probably get tired of that myself. As to the 2nd question as long as someone is keeping score someone will try to gain an advantage to win.

Hopefully so...win or lose,it'll b fun getting to see unfamiliar teams come playoff time. Sooo tired of seeing the private all-stars...

If your 1A you haven't seen one of those in quite a few years tho...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT