ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River in Trouble!!

twc2499

Oct 28, 2006
Reporter for the Herald Tribune is reporting Braden River is being sanctioned by the FHSAA. Having to forfeit several football and basketball games from last year. Fined $5000. Now reporting their top returning player SR Knowledge McDaniel is now ineligible. Probably more to come.....
Sounds like Braden River is in trouble?

It seems like the guy that used the race card to try and get someone fired is the real problem. Illegal practices, illegal hudl account acquisition, impermissible benefits, forfeit spring and forfeit 2017. Too much in a short period. He has been doing this way too long to say he didn't know. Time to call a spade a spade.

Sarasota County overall has produced quite the rap sheet over the last two years. From what I'm hearing it might not be over. The pendulum may still swinging. I'll just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Reactions: peezy28
Let’s just thank our great state legislatures for creating the chaos we are now seeing with the transfer laws. Before the law everything was good and Coaches were friends and now it appears they are fighting each other over transfers to make the HC look good.

It seems like the guy that used the race card to try and get someone fired is the real problem. Illegal practices, illegal hudl account acquisition, impermissible benefits, forfeit spring and forfeit 2017. Too much in a short period. He has been doing this way too long to say he didn't know. Time to call a spade a spade.
Some might question your use of words there DP......call a spade a spade. That's still a derogatory term for a black male.....I'm sure you meant no harm. #PCwatchdog

I have read more than one newspaper report. One names the boosters who Mr. McDaniels is staying with. The charge is impermissible benefits and from what I have read, I suspect there is more to this story. It is unfortunate that this young man is being ruled ineligible when he probably was just trusting of those around him. I wish him luck on appeal. My question is, was he staying with these folks with permission from his family? I know how FHSAA handled the investigation into Armwood's recruiting violations back in 2011. Hopefully they didn't use the same tactics as then.

This has been going on for years.............. Both Knowledge and Fenwick where in Manatee's district. Since Braden River couldn't get them into school by school choice, (BR was full) moving them into their district would allow them to attend. This is not the hard luck story Braden River officals are making it out to be. This was strictly for football purposes!! Go to Heraldtribune.com or Bradenton.com for the full articles......

more and more disgusting by the day and Manatee Co. admin folks defending it too.... WOW! A lot of ppl need to go

TWC249 says "This has been going on for years", it certainly has.......let me take you back to the 80's when all the busing was being done from Palmetto, The boundaries in as far what areas in Palmetto established where kids would be bused to Southeat, Manatee, or Bayshore amounted to city blocks.......I know that because I went to the school board and had someone show me a Palmetto City map where boundaries for busing were illustrated. Guess where Stacey Dawsey, Macey Mitchell, Tommie Frazier, Avoid Mays to name just a few came from.......that's right Palmetto. If TWC249 wants to tell you with a straight face that there wasn't some funny business going on with kids providing questionable addressees and Manatee HS subsequently benefiting from it.........I've got some swamp land I want to sell you. Funny business has been going on for a while in Manatee County and Manatee HS for along time was the primary beneficiary to it, and now TWC249 wants to cry foul on Braden River.......this is why TWC249 I have problems with your take on things......its always a perspective with your rose colored glasses on with the obvious Manatee slant!
My take on all this is where there is consistent smoke, there's a fire!.......... and the one common thing to all of this crap coming out of Braden River is the HBC Bradley. The guy to me if I were an administrator in Manatee County would have been gone at the end of the school year last year!

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Pretty good points, if you pay attention its happened for years in multi high school areas like Lee and Manatee Counties.

Its like political parties always fighting for redistricting and carving out boundaries. But instead of votes they were looking for great 40 times and athletic prowess.

Reactions: jgking83
I suppose there is no speeding up of the appeals process? I read the appeal will be heard on Sept 6, by that time the kickoff classic and first two games will have been played.

I'm dreaming of the days where you play football for the high school in your district. No school choice. None of that.

Maybe we can develop some pride in our communities again.

Reactions: twc2499 and peezy28
I'm dreaming of the days where you play football for the high school in your district. No school choice. None of that.

Maybe we can develop some pride in our communities again.

I have no problem with school choice as long as it is for a valid reason. What we have now is an abuse of a system that was never intended.

Some might question your use of words there DP......call a spade a spade. That's still a derogatory term for a black male.....I'm sure you meant no harm. #PCwatchdog

I've never heard someone call a black guy a spade as a derogatory remark. I personally don't care what color the guy is. Judge a man by his actions not the color of his skin. His actions lately are speaking loudly. I'm sure if i was the Venice coach Bradley would try and get me fired and say it was racist. Thanks for looking out for me.

Reactions: peezy28
We all have (roles) to play. This board is like a hockey rink and we have a few pretty good enforcers who aren't (having) some of it.
Nu'Trelle don't know nothin about hockey, In fack, he can't even tell you what color the blue line is, but in the 16 years he's been readin this board, that is the best analogy ever posted on here. Bravo, SK.

Reactions: Silver King
Like Danny pointed out: NCs baby! Check your other home schools before you trot that tired old nonsense out, SotaCoach. Gators # 2 (Urban is at 26, but combine with his old Florida Gators, he'd be #1); Noles at #10, You dont see Miami until #49 and they're tied with a half dozen others.

"The Most Arrested College Football Teams In America
1. Washington State 31

Holy hell, this is what happens when you’re a team that gets no attention and you’re located in the middle of nowhere. Is Washington State a football team or a criminal syndicate?

2. Florida 24

Interestingly, if you combine Florida and Ohio State’s arrests, Urban Meyer would be number one on this list.

3. Georgia 22

Totally where I would expect to see Georgia, the Bulldogs can’t even get the most arrests in the SEC, they Georgia’d it.

3. Texas A&M 22

Fun fact, the only place that carries the Longhorn Network in College Station? Jail.

5. Oklahoma 21

Gotta give it to Bob Stoops, he finished behind three SEC teams even on this list.

6. Iowa State 20

Don’t judge. If you lived in Ames, Iowa you’d get arrested too. Jail is actually the most fun attraction within 100 miles.

6. Missouri 20

Lots of people questioned whether Mizzou belonged in the SEC. Leave aside the back-to-back SEC east titles, this arrest record is prima facie evidence that they’re in the right conference.

6. Ole Miss 20

Hugh Freeze is going to take these boys straight to church. (Where they will then abscond with the offering plates).

6. West Virginia 20

I’m convinced Morgantown, West Virginia is like Deadwood. Every morning they feed the dead bodies to the hogs.

10. Florida State 19

Imagine what FSU’s arrest rate would be if Tallahassee police actually arrested football players. "

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/the-most-arrested-college-football-teams-in-america-081815/

Nu'Trelle don't know nothin about hockey, In fack, he can't even tell you what color the blue line is, but in the 16 years he's been readin this board, that is the best analogy ever posted on here. Bravo, SK.

You a man who could always tell talent Neut! SK might restart the POY again, remember this post in December.

Both our paper here in Sarasota and the one in Manatee county reporting Bradley out 3 games (including tonight- found that odd its a preseason game) and OC Eric Sanders out for one game. John Peacock in south Sarasota county is out 3 games for liking a tweet but the Manatee county boys get 3 games for 4-5 different violations... hmmm! I dont know boys apparently you are safe guarded in our little brother county north of us

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT