ADVERTISEMENT

Apopka 22, Dr. Phillips 20

Pipe Dreams

Jul 21, 2010
What a game. DP led 20-6 but shot themselves in the foot in the 3rd quarter. A 26 yard FG attempt was blocked by Apopka w/ 3:00 left. Overall both teams looked good but this is a tough night to be a DP fan. We let one get away. Best of luck to Apopka and I hope we see you guys again. Mainland is up next for DP.

Hoping to hear from the APK fans. Nice win. The team that knew how to win did it... ahh DP's safety on the bad snap. Emare Hogan (ATH) played well at QB... I really like the Apopka RB with the awesome name (Seriki).

Also... I knew you'd pass on the first play!

Hoping to hear from the APK fans. Nice win. The team that knew how to win did it... ahh DP's safety on the bad snap. Emare Hogan (ATH) played well at QB... I really like the Apopka RB with the awesome name (Seriki).

Also... I knew you'd pass on the first play!

MID, Dp., lost the game more so than Apopka won it. It was the kind of game where neither team, to my way of thinking, deserved to win. The blocked extra point, blocked field goal, and the safety Dp. gave up sealed your team's fate. Apopka's defense put a lot of pressure on Dp. in the second half and that resulted in mental errors by your team. If the two teams meet again, and neither improves significantly, the result could just as easily flip as be the same.

I think if either team is to win 8A, it will have to improve significantly. But that is doable as Dp. has a lot of talent on its roster and Apopka has a habit of getting better come the playoffs.

DP limited the big plays which I was surprised with. When you play a good team your team reveals itself. I have learned that early this year. Both teams know what they have to work on and I believe both teams have a shot in 8A. I agree that, hell, this should have been a tie! No participation ribbons though..

Lake Brantley is also a surprise but IMO 8A North comes down to Apopka, Osceola, West Orange (yes, still) or DP. Flanagan lost and Columbus is still a bit unknown so the four I named above have a shot.

Like I've always said APK is my second favorite program so this one stings JUST A LITTLE bit less. Great game and congrats; and great/nice crowd as always from the Darters.

MId--hit the ocean lately? You know Coach D will have APK getting better and better before the playoffs.

To win, APK had to come from 20-6 down, hold DP scoreless for a half, block a FG and get a super late INT. That is stepping up. DP is probably suffering the curse of the gremlin.

Seriki is truly an African-American (emphasis on Africa) and a great kid. His come-from-nowhere success reminds me of Jevric Blocker.

How did Apopka throw it?

Not especially well but they got a few first downs throwing the ball while not turning it over. The game was won when they shut Dp's offense down in the second half; the coup de grace was a blocked field goal attempt inside the final three minutes. This was followed by a somewhat anti-climatic interception with about 24 seconds left on the clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT