ADVERTISEMENT

Mainland 48 Pinebox ( buried) 0

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
First quarter pretty much tells the story on this one. Deltona Pine Ridge had 5 possessions in the first 12 minutes of play, ZERO 1ST DOWNS. Mainland had 4 possessions , 4 TOUCHDOWNS, 28-0 end of one quarter. The two teams could have played till five in the morning and Pine Ridge wasn't going to score. They ran the Apopka offense in a very tight set. Problem was they had no speed, no size , no coach Rick D. Mainland on the other hand looked like the best team in the nation when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot with silly penalties and offensive confusions with the weekly addition of new plays and formations. No way does Dr Phillips, after film study, have a clue what is coming at them. I take this is by design and in the long run will be beneficial. But us old guys and some of the young Bucs too are having a hard time keeping up with the complexity of this ever changing high octane spread offense. Rest assured come bracket time the playbook will be whittled way down to a couple dozen keepers. This Mainland team can move the ball and no one does it any better then #6 Adrian Killins. With under 20 seconds to go before the half and the ball on the Mainland 4yrd line, AK lined up in the wildcat. He took a direct snap, rolled a little, then shot like a missile straight up the center of the field splitting the two safeties. At the Buc 45 he had cleared them and then turned on the after burners. His speed increased as he neared the goal line. As he crossed, his arms were fully extended outward to the sides with his chest and head leaning forward like he had done at the state meet breaking the finish line tape. It was a thing of beauty, 96 yards in a little over 10 seconds........ Here we come DP. We need the competition. You've dropped two straight games. Have you ever dropped three in a row ? Your backs are against the wall, lets see what you got !

Nu'Trelle know Daytona Dan lookin forward to next week, but just remember this - you haff to survive Wednesday in order to be around on Friday. Word on the street have it that the dude you scheduled to meet might not even show up. The deal might be a "set-up". So be VERY careful. None of us - except maybe one guy - want to see anything bad happen to you.

BTW a little bird Nu'Trelle met claim that the guy shown below may show up at Red Robin instead of who you think you gonna meet. Fair warning: If he pull out a quarter and tell you to "Call it", skip the unlimited fries and remove your a$$ from the scene!

I
V

I
V

I
V

I
V

I
V

I
V

photo_01_hires.jpg

I look forward to meeting Dan on Wednesday at the Port Orange Red Robin, and maybe I will even meet you one day Neutral Observer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT