ADVERTISEMENT

What happened to Nuetered Observer?

Manatee handled that Miami Central team at home, but will add that by the 4th quarter Cook and Yearby were breaking a lot of arm tackles, and it seems that I recall a freshman WR for Central that was continually open as well as making several outstanding catches!
Manatee had a strong performance that game. Manatee outplayed Central in the first half. Central made their typical 2nd half comeback but the Canes proved too much for them.

Yearby and Cook were 10th graders that year. At the time Yearby was committed to FSU but ended up at Miami. Cook was committed to Clemson and later UF but of course ended up at FSU. Pretty sure Demarcus Christmas played for Manatee and was committed to FSU.

gatorman I vaguely remember the receiver but can’t remember who he was.

Last edited:
NO Mark, the "Canes weren't "to much for them" , but the referees were. We sat on the Rockets side with your son. Nearly every play the Miami staff was going nuts about the MUGGING their receivers were getting from the Manatee DB's. I will defer to your son's opinion to break the 1-1 tie. I'll buy lunch if he sides with family :)
Hope all is well. Peace

So let's examine Dan's.......Manatee was allowed to -MUG- Centrals WR's nearly every play by the refs, and Central subsequently lost because of that. I guess your memory neglected to recall, that Central was down 44-28 with 2:24 left in the game.......that's a awful of offense Manatee generated on the Rockets defense. I also recall the refs calling a awful lot of roughing the passer on Manatee that game, which subsequently aided keepin Rockets drives going.....as well as the refs not calling Rocket OL moving early before the snap a number of instances as well as ignoring blantat OL holding throughout the entire game, but yeah Central lost because Manatee was allowed to -MUG- Centrals WR's....................

Manatee had some serious issues at the LB position that season, and it finally caught up to them against STA. Manatee was very tired team by the end of Central game, had the score been closer than it was at the end of the game, the outcome could have very easily been different......but the fact of the matter was Central couldn't stop Manatee on offense, Travon ran through and around the Central defense the entire game and Cord completed 63% of his passes for over 230 yards and 4 TDs........ and Central was down 44-28 with only a little over 2 minutes left in the game.......blaming that loss on the refs is weak at best.

Last edited:
So the homer wearing the rose colored glasses breaks the 1-1 tie. I'm surprised ! If Mark's son (Iowa St) also agrees Manatee wasn't guilty of a game long felony mugging I'll relent and meekly defer to the wisdom of you Gulf Coast boys. BUT at 2-2 ....forget about it..... you damn Homers.

• Haha
Reactions: peezy28
So the homer wearing the rose colored glasses breaks the 1-1 tie. I'm surprised ! If Mark's son (Iowa St) also agrees Manatee wasn't guilty of a game long felony mugging I'll relent and meekly defer to the wisdom of you Gulf Coast boys. BUT at 2-2 ....forget about it..... you damn Homers.
You haven’t been a frequent visitor of the Florida Varsity site, if you think I wear glasses with a rose tint in as far as Manatee is concerned……..

You haven’t been a frequent visitor of the Florida Varsity site, if you think I wear glasses with a rose tint in as far as Manatee is concerned……..
gatorman, you've been around long enough to know I'm not above the use of hyperbole and exaggeration to "win" the day. Your quality posting credentials have never been in question. They're always concise, reasoned, and respectful. I remember you bumping heads with other Manatee faithful over QB's, play calling, and coaching philosophies. This Miami Central fan and ex-DB saw a different game than you and Mark. Maybe I'm wrong....then again maybe not. We're talking "opinions" here. No winners, no losers. Peace

Dan is probably right because he has a sharp memory and is a man of integrity.

Dan is probably right because he has a sharp memory and is a man of integrity.
Mark, you're right except for the sharp memory and man of integrity part. Sometimes I can't remember my own phone number, and they tell me it doesn't get any better. Though, still "in the blue."

• Haha
How about this Dan. Why don't we have the Miami Central coaches quote the exact rule of defensive holding and DPI? You know since they are such experts, maybe the coaches can place the race card as well, with you backing them up. How about that leftist? By the way, USA Today/Gannett still sucks.

Mark, you're right except for the sharp memory and man of integrity part. Sometimes I can't remember my own phone number, and they tell me it doesn't get any better. Though, still "in the blue."
Well it seems Dan no longer remembers when he had a sharp memory. I stand by the “man of integrity” part.

How about this Dan. Why don't we have the Miami Central coaches quote the exact rule of defensive holding and DPI? You know since they are such experts, maybe the coaches can place the race card as well, with you backing them up. How about that leftist? By the way, USA Today/Gannett still sucks.
Come on man, you're like an internet stalker chasing me. No one wants to hear your political BS here or elsewhere. I've told you PrepGrindiron's off-topic forum has guys that talk that stuff 24/7. Check it out !!! But beware they won't be as courteous with your dumba$$ as I have been. No Josh to protect you there... Gatorman, Mark, his son, and I traveled to Bradenton in 2012 to watch this battle of titans. Your knowledge of the game is ZERO. Your "opinion" on the game and the Miami coaching staff is all hypothetical based on WHAT ? A kinship of officials ? a psychic sixth sense ? Shut up clown. You don't know Jack. Find me in Daytona HOMIE.... it's easy. We've met before. No more internet BS.

• Wow
gatorman, you've been around long enough to know I'm not above the use of hyperbole and exaggeration to "win" the day. Your quality posting credentials have never been in question. They're always concise, reasoned, and respectful. I remember you bumping heads with other Manatee faithful over QB's, play calling, and coaching philosophies. This Miami Central fan and ex-DB saw a different game than you and Mark. Maybe I'm wrong....then again maybe not. We're talking "opinions" here. No winners, no losers. Peace
I didn’t discount your post outright, just because I’m a Manatee fan. In fact I made a earnest attempt to find a video of the game to re-watch it, because time can play tricks on your memory. Sadly all I could find was highlight clips of the game. I also attempted to find stats from the game, but all I could find in the way of stats were for Manatee. So in the end all I had was my memory of the game and a time line for scoring for the game. Don’t expect much from high school officiating, other than not making homer calls to the point of it affecting the final score. I just don’t recall feeling this was a game where officiating, played that kind of role.

Like I said initially, cook and yearby were basically running wild on the Manatee defense at the end of the game, because the manatee defense was just flat out tired. And I also recalled a very young central wr, making some really great catches…….Manatee’s offense however was more than the central defense could contend with all game, and at the end of the game the manatee offense made it matter where it counts…..the score board.

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
Haven't used this in a while but, "And They're Off!" And +2 Danny working in the Meatloaf line!
I thought about the meatloaf song as well, but the meatloaf song was 2 out 3 ain’t bad, Dan said 1 out of 2. So after pausing for a moment on the meatloaf song, I drifted into baseball batting averages……..so from there and another moment…..just a moment my mind drifted to a old Leslie Gore song

In as far Meatloaf goes, I’ve often wondered why someone hasn’t collectively taken all of his songs and created a musical with a storyline? My favorite of his is a song titled, “I’d lie for you, and that’s the truth”, because I felt it touched on the power of being deeply moved by the emotion of being in love with someone…….probably just the hopeless romantic in me, I guess

Haven't used this in a while but, "And They're Off!" And +2 Danny working in the Meatloaf line!
SK, I'd also like to apologize for bringing Jambun's and our long term trivial squabbles back over to this now quiet and civil message board. My thin skin is still apparent even after all these years of so called maturity. Oh well... :)

• Haha
I didn’t discount your post outright, just because I’m a Manatee fan. In fact I made a earnest attempt to find a video of the game to re-watch it, because time can play tricks on your memory. Sadly all I could find was highlight clips of the game. I also attempted to find stats from the game, but all I could find in the way of stats were for Manatee. So in the end all I had was my memory of the game and a time line for scoring for the game. Don’t expect much from high school officiating, other than not making homer calls to the point of it affecting the final score. I just don’t recall feeling this was a game where officiating, played that kind of role.

Like I said initially, cook and yearby were basically running wild on the Manatee defense at the end of the game, because the manatee defense was just flat out tired. And I also recalled a very young central wr, making some really great catches…….Manatee’s offense however was more than the central defense could contend with all game, and at the end of the game the manatee offense made it matter where it counts…..the score board.
I too looked it up after the fact seeking a refresh. Also saw where there were Manatee highlights, a local paper run down and a Miami Herald article. I passed on their expensive subscription rates not believing Miami's home newspaper article contained my "smoking gun" of partisan officiating and numerous other slights. Why at my advanced age does winning a talking point still mean so much....

Reactions: MarkECannon
Good memory Mark. 2012 and I remember sitting on the Central side thinking this game was not over at the half. Central had never played against a veer offense but Telly Lockette figured it out and the Rockets came back and won 48-33.
Wavebb are you still working or did you finally retire? BTW do you still have that beautiful car I seen on your Facebook?

Dan, I would challenge you, or any high school football coach to an NFHS rules exam anytime. I don't need you to be courteous with me, you can say anything that you want to me. Just because you are old enough to be my father, doesn't mean that you know half of what you think you do leftist. By the way, USA Today-Gannett STILL sucks!

Dan, I would challenge you, or any high school football coach to an NFHS rules exam anytime. I don't need you to be courteous with me, you can say anything that you want to me. Just because you are old enough to be my father, doesn't mean that you know half of what you think you do leftist. By the way, USA Today-Gannett STILL sucks!
Ok, "F" off.

Jam, with all due respect, and I'll preface this saying I haven't been a member of either of the Duopoly parties for 40 years, now. But, particularly in a football discussion about rules, do you think it appropriate to bring up political orientation?

Now follow me here; I don't know what your officiating organization has to say about it, but shouldn't you, particularly on a high school football forum, remain impartial, by not using political, religious, or racial adjectives to describe someone while discussing an issue related directly to your profession and credibility?

I'm an older dude too, and I'm just trying to look out for you. I'd hate to see someone take you to task on a game call after they read these remarks and happened to vote for Biden. Football is a place to get away from politics.

• Love
Yeah, you have nothing better to say leftist. You would be better off not commenting on the officiating at all since you know nothing about the subject. By the way, USA today/Gannett STILL SUCKS!

Sliver King, this is between me and Dan. You have posted political items on this message board many times, and I sure that you are just giddy about Dementia Joe's asinine decision to potentially lift sanctions against the corrupt leadership of Cuba. I have had up to here with Dan's "the school in the inner-city got screwed because the officials are racist" bull-crap and his constant shilling for his former employer. The man knows nothing about officiating, and he deserves to be confronted about it.

Sliver King, this is between me and Dan. You have posted political items on this message board many times, and I sure that you are just giddy about Dementia Joe's asinine decision to potentially lift sanctions against the corrupt leadership of Cuba. I have had up to here with Dan's "the school in the inner-city got screwed because the officials are racist" bull-crap and his constant shilling for his former employer. The man knows nothing about officiating, and he deserves to be confronted about it.
Jam, you're a bigoted disgrace to the licensed Officials Association. SK tried to give you a heads up on spewing your political and racial tendencies to no avail. Then you ignorantly doubled down. UNBELIEVABLE ! All professions (umpires and referees included) contain the good and the bad. You've publicly stated what side you reside on. The one with very little integrity. You have a right to question what I witnessed in person in Bradenton on September 12, 2012. But to turn it into what you have done only reinforces your obvious prejudices. You weren't there. You no nothing of that game. Your knowledge of the rules is inconsequential. You witnessed ZERO of Miami at Manatee. Retire your whistle Pop's, you're too jaded to be fair and impartial.

Jambun82, I read through your most recent posts on this thread and one common theme in all your post for me seems to come through loud and clear -DRINKING PROBLEM-. So while Sliver looks to find harmony among chaos, I instead will just call attention to root cause. I bring Atlanta's own Rehab with yet another diddy about alcohol addiction:

He wouldn't be the first, but I know he can carry on an intelligent conversation. I've asked some rules questions that he's helped explain.

We just live in a nasty/divided country - designed by the two party system and supported by media (Whether for agenda or because blatant conflict sells). Its the rabbit hole everything ultimately goes down during the times we're living.

Jam, I'm impressed that you remember me being for trying to normalize relations with Cuba from back in the Obama years. Tell me why that's bad? Hell, we did after actual shooting wars with Germany, Japan, 1/2 of Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, etc. Remember what I said then? That I'd rather see American tourists with greenback dollars go into a country to effect foreign policy, than Americans dressed in green fatigues with M-16s who are going to die and kill there.

As an independent, I get to chose from the entire menu, not just order from Column A or B. And that was one of the few things I agreed with during the Obama administration, and it is one of the even fewer thing's I agree with so far in the Biden administration. Or we can allow China complete, unfettered access to the country and have their influence and military hardware sitting 90 miles away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT