ADVERTISEMENT

What a difference a year makes

You know I’m giving it my best trying to go back and forth with you HWF but at times it’s a struggle...

I need poolboy....

You need poolboy....

Haha Ive been doing this since 2006 with the rivalry thing… Myself and DJack has talked few times at the Hardee games whenever he stepped away… I have nothing but respect for him and the rest of the staff, that being said its rivalrey week, everything goes out the door!!!

i dont thing poolboy can keep up, you know kinda like Desotos defense!!!! haha

Right now Hardee's freshman is as good as Desoto's QB--- so if #3 is out, I hope they do go with the Freshman #18

50-0 Hardee---It's 48-0 with deep into the 4th and Hardee has a bad snap on the PAT ( wink, wink ), and runs it in for 2------I've seen it before------No cigar for Bumper after this game

Last edited:
Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Real talk HWF if you are planning on headed down south for the game you better arrive pretty early. The overflow parking lot is a LONG a$$ walk, no joke...

Reactions: Bullcat01
...you need poolboy...
Nu'Trelle haff to say it again. Sound like poolboy may be dependin on a ride wiff Wavebb. If so, he ain't gonna show up. From experience, Wave never show up if he promise you a ride. An if Wave supposed to fly him there in one his ramshackle airplanes, forget about ever seein poolboy again. Nomsayin?

Nope, I know you haven’t been to a DeSoto game this year but believe it or not the Home stands have been standing room only this year 3 times. Don’t come early and walk, makes no difference to me. Just thought I would help you out.

This is pitiful you Hardee guys smack talk like that old Indian lady, Grandma Warren. You lucky pool boy leaving you alone, he more than hold his own, but someone got a gag order on him or his generator went down out on the DeSoto fringe where the off the gridders live.

Where is red roster and the other guy that know so much about these teams you promised. I hope Hardee shows up better than them 2 did.

I'm coming to watch the upset. I haven't been since watermelon season 2000. I did catch the Dogs play in Punta Gorda when Marcus Shaw and the Nocatee kid went at it. Saw a guy make a lot of money that night knowing the Bellamy kid could run in the mud and rain.

This is pitiful you Hardee guys smack talk like that old Indian lady, Grandma Warren. You lucky pool boy leaving you alone, he more than hold his own, but someone got a gag order on him or his generator went down out on the DeSoto fringe where the off the gridders live.

Where is red roster and the other guy that know so much about these teams you promised. I hope Hardee shows up better than them 2 did.

I'm coming to watch the upset. I haven't been since watermelon season 2000. I did catch the Dogs play in Punta Gorda when Marcus Shaw and the Nocatee kid went at it. Saw a guy make a lot of money that night knowing the Bellamy kid could run in the mud and rain.

I don't beleive Shaw ever ran for much against Hardee, good thing M.B went to Punta Gorda or Clemson would have gotten damage goods like Clemmons

They did anyways Bludog he didn’t even last a semester. Got to know how to at least spell your own name in college. They definitely put on a show that night. Not like the night that Barnes and James went at it, that was an instant classic!!

Reactions: Hwy17
They did anyways Bludog he didn’t even last a semester. Got to know how to at least spell your own name in college. They definitely put on a show that night. Not like the night that Barnes and James went at it, that was an instant classic!!

If the Dogs need more time on that test for Friday night your guidance counselor at DHS can request that be written into their IEPs. I hear they are still stuck on the first question.

Wilddog10 read the message I sent on the other board.

Sammy I think you are Poolboy. I know he’s not DJack because I know DJacks name on here. I think you are Poolboy just hiding out!!!!

Day 6

First Desoto is very low on that sideline, most I’ve ever seen since the 70s. Too many playing both ways going to hurt Desotos defense. Hardee has three very good RBs, fresh RB legs hurts come 3rd and 4th qrts.

Second I keep hearing was Desotos defense is the best Hardee will have seen this season. I can promise whoever both Port Charlotte and Sebring defense will rip Desoto apart. Btw why did Desoto take Sebring off their schedule? How about Port Charlotte. Have you guys seriously really looked at Desotos schedule? Actually is one of the weakest in this Region....

Second, let’s look at the common opponents.

Desoto 141 points scored
Desoto 35 defense points allowed

Hardee 176 points scored
Hardee 19 points allowed

Last, after watching a couple of Desotos games online I’m going to predict a 35-0 score. Some believes it will be a low score. I’m saying Desoto will not score, and Hardee will not punt the whole night.

In reality DeSoto’s numbers are on the sideline is close to 40, just a few players off from Hardee’s. But that’s not the difference between these 2 ball clubs, because like DeSoto Hardee has players that go both ways as well.

As for Hardee’s daunted 3 Headed RB attack, come on....I know you have been at the Hardee games, maybe not the away games, but nonetheless I know you can’t be serious. If so than focus on the Cannon Camera you bring with you. Hardee’s RBs outside of #7 has been down as of late. #4 didn’t play last week due to injury and #9 unless he comes out of hibernation and actually contributes might as well just hand out with Coach Barry. He has not contributed since FT MEADE, although now healthy unfortunately is afraid of injuring his leg again and it shows. #7 has played his A$$ off the last 2 games for Hardee and really stepped up his game. #10, #18, and others although might be good kids just aren’t on the same level as the 1st 3.

Sebring took DeSoto off their schedule a few years ago after they had a problem beating DeSoto and coach Scott wasn’t having it. Now that Sebring has been on the uptick and DeSoto has declined he is interested in adding DeSoto back on, sorry coach Scott we aren’t interested...

The new staff would like nothing more than adding Port Charlotte and/or Charlotte back on the schedule and re-igniting those old rivalries. The way the point system is leaning with FHSAA DeSoto and everyone else will want to strengthen their schedules. This years schedule was already in place when the new staff joined so they had no control who they played. Moving forward next year that will be changing.

It’s a rivalry game, between old foes with a lot on the line. The main factors in this contest will be 3 things: 1. Hardee’s offensive line play. 2. Hardee’s penalties (average 9 or more per game). 3. Hardee’s FG Kicker, who DeSoto has no one that matches up with him.

Come early, enjoy the game and Slim’s

It really feels I had this discussion some years ago!!!! Everytime Wilddog says something it feels like I’m talking to somebody local!!!!

Today's the day...
The 100th Hardee-DeSoto game. I would like to see some more trash talk from HardeeWildcatFan and Wilddog to start the day off. As today is the 100th game, maybe you two should something special?

BTW, thanks HWY for providing the score to us on here...
https://flavarsity.forums.rivals.com/threads/100th-meeting-of-states-oldest-continuous-rivalry.9451/

I asked him to make a simple bet if Hardee wins he would have to wear a Hardee Wildcat shirt to Desotos first playoff game this year and if Desoto wins I would wear a Desoto shirt at our first playoff game.

Recall Arcadia Albritton is my great great grandmother so there no shame for me to wear a dog shirt if we lose!!!! But appears Wilddog won’t make that bet!!!

You guys get there early and watch for the Crop Dusting Plane flying the Mark Anderson for Commissioner banner. Big event, somebody tolt me it will be the first banner ever flown over the dog house.

You guys get there early and watch for the Crop Dusting Plane flying the Mark Anderson for Commissioner banner. Big event, somebody tolt me it will be the first banner ever flown over the dog house.

That guy has been making a ton of money he’s been up here a few games!!!!!

GameDay gentleman!! HWF I didn’t see the bet my bad. Yeah dude I don’t have a problem with that bet whatsoever!! I’m starting to feel like you do that Sammy could quite possibly be Poolboy. There is no way a dude talked so much smack to begin the season and now is MIA?? Come’on bro have some pride...

Ole Mark Anderson.....I ain’t got nothing...

As for tonight’s contest this what would make me over the top happy:
1. 20 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties between both teams, 5 before the game starts, 10 in the first quarter, and 5 the rest of the way.

2. NO ONE hurt. Pride of course but not physically, I have kids of my own and don’t like to see it with anyone.

3. The drumlines have a drum off. Now I know between the 2 bands this would consist of about 4 individuals so the stadium would have to get real quiet to hear it.

4. For one of the FFA project hogs to get out and run onto the field. It would make for great conversation for years to come. Especially when AD Shea and AD Tubbs try and leg it. You some Hill billy from Hardee has his hog dogs close by.

5. For the game to come down to some dramatic finish, and I mean epic finish!!

6. For Slims to run out of garlic bread and bbq sauce for HWF when he gets there..

My prediction for tonight’s Ball Game
DeSoto 21 Hardee 15

GameDay gentleman!! HWF I didn’t see the bet my bad. Yeah dude I don’t have a problem with that bet whatsoever!! I’m starting to feel like you do that Sammy could quite possibly be Poolboy. There is no way a dude talked so much smack to begin the season and now is MIA?? Come’on bro have some pride...

Ole Mark Anderson.....I ain’t got nothing...

As for tonight’s contest this what would make me over the top happy:
1. 20 personal fouls and unsportsmanlike penalties between both teams, 5 before the game starts, 10 in the first quarter, and 5 the rest of the way.

2. NO ONE hurt. Pride of course but not physically, I have kids of my own and don’t like to see it with anyone.

3. The drumlines have a drum off. Now I know between the 2 bands this would consist of about 4 individuals so the stadium would have to get real quiet to hear it.

4. For one of the FFA project hogs to get out and run onto the field. It would make for great conversation for years to come. Especially when AD Shea and AD Tubbs try and leg it. You some Hill billy from Hardee has his hog dogs close by.

5. For the game to come down to some dramatic finish, and I mean epic finish!!

6. For Slims to run out of garlic bread and bbq sauce for HWF when he gets there..

My prediction for tonight’s Ball Game
DeSoto 21 Hardee 15

7. Let’s just hope we don’t see that streaker running across the field, again!!! Only a Desoto would streak a rivalry high school game!!!!

8. Let’s hope no Desoto player slams a ref.

9. Let’s hope the the Refs aren’t Secret Service In disguise and a few fake bills don’t accidentally fall out of those Desoto Coaches pockets. I know they get paid in EBT funds and have to subsidize their pay.

10. I don’t see any fights, too many kids between these schools are kin, well mainly Desoto, I think I’ve read like 20 Desoto players have the same baby daddy!!!! Maybe Levi Rivers?

It’s a rivalry game, between old foes with a lot on the line. The main factors in this contest will be 3 things: 1. Hardee’s offensive line play. 2. Hardee’s penalties (average 9 or more per game). 3. Hardee’s FG Kicker, who DeSoto has no one that matches up with him.

Come early, enjoy the game and Slim’s

I've watched him in practice; he's good from 50 yards out. Coach won't leave points off the board tonight. Hardee get's inside DeSoto's territory we at least come away with 3.

My prediction for tonight: Hardee 26 Desoto 7

I already have that shirt bought and paid for just for Wilddog so be back here Saturday to let me know where to have it delivered!!! I will personally bring it down to you!!

I already have that shirt bought and paid for just for Wilddog so be back here Saturday to let me know where to have it delivered!!! I will personally bring it down to you!!

Most dramatic finish--- In Hardee, Desoto up late, but pinned down at their own 5, Morten elects to take a safety and the Dogs kickoff to Hardee's Youyoute, who returns it for a TD and the win ---Kid was so fast, made the Dogs look like they were standing still and out ran the Gatorade bottles being thrown at him by Desoto fans--- maybe 05 --

Reactions: Hwy17
Most dramatic finish--- In Hardee, Desoto up late, but pinned down at their own 5, Morten elects to take a safety and the Dogs kickoff to Hardee's Youyoute, who returns it for a TD and the win ---Kid was so fast, made the Dogs look like they were standing still and out ran the Gatorade bottles being thrown at him by Desoto fans--- maybe 05 --

Yes I forgot that and those Gatorade bottles was the funniest thing. I guess they figure they would trip him him up!!!! No cigars that night even though I heard he actually had them ready!!

What makes this game so special this year? Both staff are majority local with both HCs local? Hardee’s DC has been here so long he’s considered local. Desotos DC is local.

Yes the rivalry is back baby and it feels good!!!!

After reading all this, I say Hardee comes in over confident no 1-2 point DeSoto Win. I'm predicting a key player goes down for cats, dogs get three turnovers,win by 16 and Mark Anderson wins election.

Damn that’s an old one!! You sure you haven’t been washing you car with it?

Blow out win by HARDEE--- Dogs just happy to have winning season and playoff game (will need to beat LR next week)---- Bumper keeps his job, kids don't flock to PC and maybe the same outcome next year

Reactions: anon_00zx5879k0jmw
Blow out win by HARDEE--- Dogs just happy to have winning season and playoff game (will need to beat LR next week)---- Bumper keeps his job, kids don't flock to PC and maybe the same outcome next year

7-3 is very good! Maybe 8-4 depending on who they get in the playoffs. I think Desoto can beat both Dunbar and whatever team wins district 9. Perhaps a Hardee vs Desoto rematch?

Dunbar is loaded with talent but if you can get on them, they will fold up the tent. Their best big guys go both ways and when we played them, they were dragging by the 3rd quarter, although we jumped on them early. Don't kick the ball to Seneca Milage I think the kid's name is, #2 if memory serves me, he had run backs against us and the next game or two fast as a scalded dog.

You guys have fun tonight, hope it's a great game with no injuries - good luck to both teams.

I really hate the idea of having to go watch Port Charlotte, maybe I'll break open a new bottle of Irish Whiskey and prime up for a run up 17. After all the 100th would be a good one to go to. I hope somebody thought to make T-shirts!

So you Hardee guys aren't impressed with this year's Bulldogs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT