ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost to UCF?

Calling Miami irrellevant and crowing about fan bases after an 0-12 season? My, my. Deal with this; 5 National Championships; UCFs fan base simply chose to accept mediocrity...Miami's doesn't.
And not one of those championships were done without paying players, steroid use and God knows what else. When Miami has to play by the rules we see the outcome. It's not that Miami fans don't accept mediocrity, they are front runners. Real college fans show up no matter what.

Reactions: riverrat1961
That doesn't make sense. It's not a young program. How they've chosen to build it is their choice, but most major programs have been WAY farther along that many years after starting the program.

BRING BACK DON JONAS!
Bartow, you're showing your age ( Don Jonas ) :)

That doesn't make sense. It's not a young program. How they've chosen to build it is their choice, but most major programs have been WAY farther along that many years after starting the program.

BRING BACK DON JONAS!
Seriously?

Florida did not go to their first bowl game until their 46th year of playing football and it took them 85 years to win a conference championship.

And not one of those championships were done without paying players, steroid use and God knows what else. When Miami has to play by the rules we see the outcome.

Oh my we can't see the forest for the trees can we? Wasn't it better when you were honoring your bet? As such a loyal and true college footaball fan, I don't know if I'd throw rocks around glass houses (I cut out the BB stuff because the list of cheating was so long):

NCAA Releases Complete List Of Central Florida Sanctions

By Mike Rutherford@CardChronicle on Jul 31, 2012, 11:07a +

 TWEET SHARE (2) PIN
The NCAA has released its report on Central Florida, which includes the full list of penalties handed out to the men’s basketball and football programs. The sanctions are headlined by a one-year postseason ban in both sports.

Citing a “lack of institutional control,” the NCAA has hit UCF with the following penalties:

—Public reprimand and censure.

—Five years probation from Feb. 10, 2012, through Feb. 9, 2017.

—Postseason ban for the 2012 football season ...

—A three-year show-cause order for the former director of athletics and a one-year show cause for the former assistant football coach. The show-cause orders do not allow any contact with prospective student-athletes. The public report contains further details. Disassociation of three representatives of athletics interest (self-imposed by the university).

—Reduction of five initial (from 25 maximum) and five total (from 85 maximum) football scholarships for three academic years...

—$50,000 fine...

—Reduction of the number of permissible off-campus recruiters.

—Reduction of two full-time football coaches permitted to recruit off-campus during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years...

UCF was punished by the NCAA due to the relationship between several of its coaches and sports agency representative Ken Caldwell, who acted as a middle man between recruits and agents while simultaneously acting as a representative of the university and pushing recruits towards UCF. In addition to having connections to professional agents, Caldwell is a twice-convicted criminal.

Oh my we can't see the forest for the trees can we? Wasn't it better when you were honoring your bet? As such a loyal and true college footaball fan, I don't know if I'd throw rocks around glass houses (I cut out the BB stuff because the list of cheating was so long):

NCAA Releases Complete List Of Central Florida Sanctions

By Mike Rutherford@CardChronicle on Jul 31, 2012, 11:07a +

 TWEET SHARE (2) PIN
The NCAA has released its report on Central Florida, which includes the full list of penalties handed out to the men’s basketball and football programs. The sanctions are headlined by a one-year postseason ban in both sports.

Citing a “lack of institutional control,” the NCAA has hit UCF with the following penalties:

—Public reprimand and censure.

—Five years probation from Feb. 10, 2012, through Feb. 9, 2017.

—Postseason ban for the 2012 football season ...

—A three-year show-cause order for the former director of athletics and a one-year show cause for the former assistant football coach. The show-cause orders do not allow any contact with prospective student-athletes. The public report contains further details. Disassociation of three representatives of athletics interest (self-imposed by the university).

—Reduction of five initial (from 25 maximum) and five total (from 85 maximum) football scholarships for three academic years...

—$50,000 fine...

—Reduction of the number of permissible off-campus recruiters.

—Reduction of two full-time football coaches permitted to recruit off-campus during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years...

UCF was punished by the NCAA due to the relationship between several of its coaches and sports agency representative Ken Caldwell, who acted as a middle man between recruits and agents while simultaneously acting as a representative of the university and pushing recruits towards UCF. In addition to having connections to professional agents, Caldwell is a twice-convicted criminal.
Yup and not one no player was paid or was on roids. UCF had an idiot AD who had no business being an AD in Tribble and he tried to cheat. Best part was they were turned in by Louisville for trying to use the same "runner" that Louisville, Florida and many others used. It was a harsh punishment because UCF was on probation for a staffer(who went to Tennessee and did the same thing) for texting recruits. Something that is legal today. For that UCF gets the hammer while Aubuen buys QB's and Miami provides hookers, pays players and everything else under the sun and gets nothing.

No one I their right mind would compare the cheating at UM to anything UCF did. All that aside, outside a few hundred people, no one cares about Miami.

Seriously?

Florida did not go to their first bowl game until their 46th year of playing football and it took them 85 years to win a conference championship.

Not serious enough to lose any blood pressure. You can make excuses if you want. I think the program should be farther along. I paid my money, I can have that opinion.

Yup and not one no player was paid or was on roids. UCF had an idiot AD who had no business being an AD in Tribble and he tried to cheat. Best part was they were turned in by Louisville for trying to use the same "runner" that Louisville, Florida and many others used. It was a harsh punishment because UCF was on probation for a staffer(who went to Tennessee and did the same thing) for texting recruits. Something that is legal today. For that UCF gets the hammer while Aubuen buys QB's and Miami provides hookers, pays players and everything else under the sun and gets nothing.

No one I their right mind would compare the cheating at UM to anything UCF did. All that aside, outside a few hundred people, no one cares about Miami.

“In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means"

TV Execs and markets, who make the ball go round, disagree with your assessment about Miami and those same exec look at UCF’s appeal as minimal to a National viewing audience; why? Obviously because they have no body of work. But you do have a body of work that has caused your credibility to be even more severely wanting, after you welched on the bet and are back on the board posting this stuff.

“In psychology and logic, rationalization or rationalisation (also known as making excuses) is a defense mechanism in which controversial behaviors or feelings are justified and explained in a seemingly rational or logical manner to avoid the true explanation, and are made consciously tolerable – or even admirable and superior – by plausible means"

TV Execs and markets, who make the ball go round, disagree with your assessment about Miami and those same exec look at UCF’s appeal as minimal to a National viewing audience; why? Obviously because they have no body of work. But you do have a body of work that has caused your credibility to be even more severely wanting, after you welched on the bet and are back on the board posting this stuff.
You humor me. Miami has no national appeal anymore, that is why you only tight shits when their games are televised because who they are playing. The only time Miami can get more than 10,000 actual paying fans to a game is when they play another Florida team or a team with a good traveling fan base. Miami is only relevant in term is conference affiliation. Teams like UCF and USF scare the hell out if Miami fans because they know what is coming. All it takes is a decent league and it will happen quickly, don't look now but those wheels are turning quickly.

Not serious enough to lose any blood pressure. You can make excuses if you want. I think the program should be farther along. I paid my money, I can have that opinion.
Less than 20 years after turning Div 1 and they win a BCS bowl game, three conference championships and the #3 player in an NFL draft. Considering the cartel that runs college football, that is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Bartow..Billy
Yeah, UCF is killing Miami in attendnce, but what was their most recent record Ohhhh for what? Keep telling yourself what you need to about their relevancy, but they aren't scaring the NAIA temas in the state right now...

Calling Miami irrellevant and crowing about fan bases after an 0-12 season? My, my. Deal with this; 5 National Championships; UCFs fan base simply chose to accept mediocrity...Miami's doesn't.

Needed that laugh...The U is a juggernaut

In comparison to UCF, for one - now try and follow along and stop acting like a mutton head: YOU started all this by claiming Miami was irrelevant, and YOU made that statement after an 0-12 UCF season.

Please refer back to the definition of rationalization, maybe print it on a notecard and carry it around with you and look at it before you post nonsensical stuff.

Yup, they even have a BCS bowl trophy from this decade.

That's incredibly impressive for a program that's been around since 1979, great job!

Did you know, over that same amount of time, Miami had five National Titles? But more importantly, Miami started playing football in 1927 and never, not once, ever went 0-FOR A SEASON.

Keep pitching 'em up darlin and I'll keep swinging. SK startin' to feel like a cat batting around a dazed canary, so eventually he may even tire of this.

PS, if you refuse the sound advice about writing that note and pulling it out of your wallet every time you get the urge to act like Bagdad Bob, at least try and do it during a season where your program wins a couple games. Nomsayin? SK got nothing against UCF; just ridiculous fans.

Last edited:
That ain't saying much sinced the winners and losers get rings and a trophy...
You would be wrong, this ain't high school football, only winners get bowl trophies.
That's incredibly impressive for a program that's been around since 1979, great job!

Did you know, over that same amount of time, Miami had five National Titles? But more importantly, Miami started playing football in 1927 and never, not once, went 0-FOR A SEASON.

Keep pitching 'em up darlin and I'll keep swinging. SK startin' to feel like a cat batting around a dazed canary, so eventually I may even tire of this.

PS, if you refuse the advice about writing the note and pulling it out of your wallet every time you get the urge to utter swill, at least try and do it during a year where your program wins a couple games. Nomsayin?
Nice try but UCF has only been Div 1 since 1996, so in 18 years of Div 1 less than half of that with conference affiliation and only ONE year of BCS affiliation UCF managed to not only go to a BCS bowl but win it as well. You really think your swinging and hitting? So bad is miami's actual fan base that the Hurricanes need to play games in Orlando to try to get actual paying fans to show up at your games. How long will this coach last you think? Ahh who cares.

There have been 145 BCS bowl games since 98. 53 teams have been represented, great job making the list once UCF. It's amazing such a young team and school could do such a thing. With the massive spring game attendance I feel UCF is poised to strike a blow at the establishment and win it all next year. Who cares about the o fer record when lots of people attend your spring game. It's like the barometer of the JV squad's record that all of us here on the lowly High School message board use to predict future success.

There have been 145 BCS bowl games since 98. 53 teams have been represented, great job making the list once UCF. It's amazing such a young team and school could do such a thing. With the massive spring game attendance I feel UCF is poised to strike a blow at the establishment and win it all next year. Who cares about the o fer record when lots of people attend your spring game. It's like the barometer of the JV squad's record that all of us here on the lowly High School message board use to predict future success.

There you go from a Well-Known member...

I don't want to drag this out too much. But there were 4 bcs games from 98-06 which adds up to 36 and 5 from 07-13 which adds up to 35. Maybe math isn't a strong suit in Gainesville but that's 71. 51 teams have appeared in bcs games with of which 36 win a game. So to be a part of 36/120 is a bit of an accomplishment. I do agree however ucf needs more consistent success to have a bigger share of the national spotlight they are still the youngest football playing school to ever win one.

They had a great year a few years back Top 5 team - looked like they were poised to claim their place in FL. They were doing creative things with the stadium, then the wheels fell off - what happened?

Good question SK. I am puzzled myself because it seems like the last few years they've been labeled one of the youngest teams in America. Which doesn't make sense for having one of the highest graduation rates

Well maybe this guy will get them back on track, but that has to be tough being that close and then watching it slip away. Going to take some time to climb back up.

Well maybe this guy will get them back on track, but that has to be tough being that close and then watching it slip away. Going to take some time to climb back up.

0-10? Somebody say 0-10?

Who dat? Who dat winning ONE DAMN BOWL GAME, then trying to turn demself into Prairie View A&M?

I been working, cousin. Building a new offense. Real excited.

Enforcing the bet?

No, I tried that. Remember? New boss said leave him alone, quit making a big deal out of it.

Then, when Donnie Brasco set up his Big Red Goose Honk and Batch Rubbing Hooka Lounge,
I decided nobody really gives a fook if this board has a standard for posting. (Except the **** bot.)

Nom' sayin'?

I appreciate you reminding his whelshing, no game, bullshit talking, fantasy walking, front running, lying, screen name supporting an unFEATED seasonING, blockheaded, encephalitic, jacked up ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS about it.

I know where he lives, Bayardrooster gave me his address.

Last edited:
There you go from a Well-Known member...
I could care less about who he is, UCF made a BCS bowl the ONE YEAR they were in a BCS conference, that is one for one in my mind, pretty damn good. Did this well known member actually go to UF or is he like 90% of SEC fans?

They had a great year a few years back Top 5 team - looked like they were poised to claim their place in FL. They were doing creative things with the stadium, then the wheels fell off - what happened?
GOL is what happened. While I think he was a great coach for UCF at the time, truth is after the Fiesta Bowl win he wanted to retire. He was interested in passing the torch to another coach on his staff that many at UCF thought he did not deserve the job. Also, the loss of David Kelly dried up the pipeline to Miami and talent dried up. So you have a coach who is passing the torch, less talent and a boat load of injuries last year. Remember that the year after the Fiesta Bowl, UCF still won the Conference.

Either way GOL is gone and so is his coach in waiting. Now there is Scott Frost and a lot of excitement, yesterday President Hitt said the stadium could be expanded to 60,000 in two years. Things are moving in the right direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT