ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Frost to UCF?

Choctaw, ESPN is usually last or wrong these days. He is the former Oregon OC and played QB for Nebraska some 18 years ago (he is 40).

He's the former Oregon OC because he just got hired at UCF.

He'll bring a high tempo/high scoring offense, and he's a man of great character and Christian faith!

Welcome to UCF Coach Frost!

A different story on what Frost? Well they would be wrong he is the HC now

Anybody but O'Dreary. Seriously, Frost is both an interesting and good pick by UCF. I wish him well. Perhaps the Knights finally become relevant in Florida.

DarterBlue2 they were as relevant as they'll be 2 years ago... UCF in Florida would never be able to sustain that for multiple years. Think about being the Boise of Florida

DarterBlue2 they were as relevant as they'll be 2 years ago... UCF in Florida would never be able to sustain that for multiple years. Think about being the Boise of Florida

Why do you feel this way? Florida and the south have enough talent to make UCF relevant even if FSU, Florida, and Miami consistently return to past glory. UCF just needs smart recruiting and better coaching. I was never a fan of George O and think the new head coach has an excellent chance to make something special of this program if he is give five years.

Great hire. I'm sure if he stays at least 2 years we will see the landscape of high school football in the Orlando area move to more uptempo offenses.

Why do you feel this way? Florida and the south have enough talent to make UCF relevant even if FSU, Florida, and Miami consistently return to past glory. UCF just needs smart recruiting and better coaching. I was never a fan of George O and think the new head coach has an excellent chance to make something special of this program if he is give five years.

You just won't have another program on the level of the big 3 able to sustain that. Perhaps if they got in a bigger conference like the big 12 or something but mostly they'll get the kids that are good but we're just not god enough for the big 3. Good thing is those kids will play with a chip on their shoulders.

I do think UCF and USF can be good programs but I don't think either can do what the big 3 do as you can see its even hard for those to sustain that look at UF past 4 years and UM for the last decade. Even with all the talent in the state it's not easy and not many kids are going to choose UCF USF over FSU UM UF.

EC, for now you are correct. But if Frost proves to be as good as I think he can be, perceptions change. And, if they do, UCF will do just fine. Not sure they will be relevant on the National Stage in my lifetime, after all I am in geezer status now. But in 20 years or so, who really knows?

Frost won't be there for 20 years hell be the HC at Nebraska by then lol

UCF and USF should be able to compete for the kids that go out of state to play. Florida athletes fill rosters all over the country. Our state produces enough good players for there to be a Big 5.

Reactions: Silver King
It's really hard for a state other than maybe Texas or California to sustain so many quality D-1 programs. But, we have plenty of talent that goes out of state. I hated watching FSU against Clemson when so many of the Tigers were from Florida. Louisville and South Carolina are the same way.

I think Florida schools putting each other on the schedule every year will go a long way to keep those kids at home. And, since the SEC is presumed to be "down" now, they might consider staying close to home. We'll see!

[QUOTE="DarterBlue2, post: 46232, member: 101 after all I am in geezer status now.[/QUOTE]
I resemble that remark

I'm hoping him coming to UCF will make it a big job. You have to remember that UCF is still a young program. They have moved up to larger, more dominate conferences. Now they just need to recruit the talent to bring the program back up to prior levels.

Unfortunately if he does well at UCF I see it as a stepping stone job... He isn't like Willie T who has ties to the Tampa Area.

There's still lots to do, foundation building wise, before UCF is with the big boys year in and year out. I think the biggest key is recruiting Central Florida, which has not been done in years.

You just won't have another program on the level of the big 3 able to sustain that. Perhaps if they got in a bigger conference like the big 12 or something but mostly they'll get the kids that are good but we're just not god enough for the big 3. Good thing is those kids will play with a chip on their shoulders.

I do think UCF and USF can be good programs but I don't think either can do what the big 3 do as you can see its even hard for those to sustain that look at UF past 4 years and UM for the last decade. Even with all the talent in the state it's not easy and not many kids are going to choose UCF USF over FSU UM UF.
You act as if Miami is on the same level as UF and FSU, they are not. Miami has less fan support and less money than both UCF and USF. As long as Miami plays in the Dolphins stadium, they are irrelevant.

Dude... Miami with the talent they get will win another title in our life time maybe more than 1. Miami is not talent deficient they have been coaching deficient for 10 years... I don't know if Richt is the answer but he is worlds better than Shannon or Golden.

Take a snapshot of this and come back to this convo....

Also I am not sure where you get the $$$ from about Miami... That is an internet Myth... The school has plenty it just has not chosen to invest in the football program.. If they do...

If you want to see #'s of endowment figures for all the universities in the state of Florida look it up and it might shock you.

Remember I am not even a Cane fan or Alumni.... I rep FSU.

You act as if Miami is on the same level as UF and FSU, they are not. Miami has less fan support and less money than both UCF and USF. As long as Miami plays in the Dolphins stadium, they are irrelevant.
To claim that Miami is "irrelevant" without a stadium is premature at best now that a new coach has been hired, and hateful to say the least. Give Richt a little time and we'll see if things turnaround down there. Did the Canes ever have their own ballpark ? That was never a factor in playing for all those national championships was it , Mr Galahad ? Your team goes winless and we hear nothing all season. Now a young hot shot coordinator is given the head job, and you're ready to "Troll." Talk about " premature celebration." By the way, would you happen to be from New Jersey ?

Reactions: peezy28
What's up, Galahad? Haven't seen you in, what? Heck, it seems like a long time, maybe about 12 losses. Am I right?

I suppose O'Weary got you to pay your debt when no one else could.

Yea sure it looks bad on TV that Canes don't show up for games but let's face it Miami is Miami... unless they are a good team playing for titles they won't show up.... Even with that and no stadium Miami has more titles than all state teams.

UCF has a road to climb... It starts 1st with recruiting. Miami already has talent they it'll be interesting to see how it's used.

Miami is one of the most talent-rich places in the United States when it comes to football especially. They will always have talent down there. They just need a coach that can keep the players in Miami and produce on the field. The stadium comment is irrelevant. It's all about getting the right coach to take them to the promise land.

Reactions: peezy28
What's up, Galahad? Haven't seen you in, what? Heck, it seems like a long time, maybe about 12 losses. Am I right?

I suppose O'Weary got you to pay your debt when no one else could.
My debt, I never stopped posting, I just rarely post on this board and for good reason, I'm a college football fan, not really into high school football. Miami has no real fan base, deal with it. USF and UCF have larger actual fan bases and both will continue to grow as Miami will remain stagnant. Even going 0-12 UCF will draw more fans than Miami, sorry but those are facts.

Last edited:
It is when you don't have the benefit of TV money and government funded facilities.

That doesn't make sense. It's not a young program. How they've chosen to build it is their choice, but most major programs have been WAY farther along that many years after starting the program.

BRING BACK DON JONAS!

Reactions: Dan in Daytona
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT