ADVERTISEMENT

IMG vs. St Thomas

Also I've never heard of "Napoleonic Complex" I am guessing you mean Napoleon Complex...an insult doesn't sting quite as bad when the person writing it can't even get the term right. I won't hold it against you, I'm guessing you were busy trying to seal the deal on that 99' Honda on the lot so you could rake in that sweet comish bro...

It's that private school education he's always trying to defend.

Praise the lord Finally! I will definitely agree with you rules are now the same but I'm not buying the disadvantages of a private school being enrollment/acceptance due to GPA and other circumstances. I'm sure if a private school has an established athletic program than there are strings that can be pulled to get them into school. I'm not saying STA is bad for kids either they seem to get a lot of kids signed and into college which is the main goal for any high school program, trying to further a young mans education. If athletics is his golden ticket great if not and he gets there that's great too. I have no problem with IMG either even if they competed for a state championship I think it is great for those young men. I just wanted an STA fan admit that they (Along with all other private schools) have had an advantage over public schools.

Good for you, only a liar and fool would say that or buy it.

In reality Sta is a private school in name only. It changed literally over night when the George Smith's of the world showed up.

A weak FHSAA and lax rules allowed them to turn an otherwise decent parochial education into what it is today. A modern day labor camp for the best and most expensive entertainers they can find.

And for the record Broward Handicapper, I don't want to again get caught in another of your broad sweeping self-righteous assumptions.

I just want you to know that I don't even hate self important little douchebags who never played the game smack talking other programs and putting pictures of someone's family in public because he's so petty. Life's too short to hate. Peace out.

The new FlaVarsity

Back to this statement though

"A modern day labor camp for the best and most expensive entertainers they can find."

So based on this statement, STA and anyone else like them are modern day Labor Camps aka Plantation?

I wouldn't go that far, these kids get put into position to succeed at the next level and have no NCAA snags trying to get there. A large percentage of them have gone on to make big money being professional athletes. Call it what you want but STA is helping those kids that being said it's still not fair they're allowed to recruit and have all this talent then compete for a state championship and make these public schools look like JV teams.

Reactions: peezy28
Get a grip man, you are flippin CLUELESS.

Here's the thing... You can disagree with someone without telling them they are clueless. You have no idea why we come to certain opinions and probably would not understand even if we laid it out for you which is quite okay. A MANS opinions are formed by their experiences. Every man does not share the same experiences hence will come to different conclusions and opinions.

Last thought... We aren't having this conversation on this board if you want to go more indepth and have a dialogue you have my email... I am sure Zoe wouldn't mind joining in. We both like having intellectual conversations with people of different backgrounds. It is the way to expand your horizons.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
I wouldn't go that far, these kids get put into position to succeed at the next level and have no NCAA snags trying to get there. A large percentage of them have gone on to make big money being professional athletes. Call it what you want but STA is helping those kids that being said it's still not fair they're allowed to recruit and have all this talent then compete for a state championship and make these public schools look like JV teams.

I have no ill will to them or any program.

However it's a common theme nationally that bigtime athletes of a certain ethnic background are brought into private and predominately white schools win "games". Period.

Is it good or bad? That would depend on an individual case by case situation. Some take advantage of the opportunity, some get used. No different that playing at the NCAA level.

There is a simple reason the % of black/latino minorities in the general student body are so low nationwide at these athletic factories, and it's not because they are stupid or unable to handle to school work.

Now look at the % of black/latino athletes at those same factories.

It's Jr high math numbers, i.e, easy to figure out.

I agree they cost a bit of money to get into but bottom line in my opinion like IMG if these kids are going to be put in a position that will make them more likely to succeed I'm on board. Similar to being a student athlete and "working" for the NCAA those teams put their players in the best possible position to succeed in the classroom and progress towards a degree. Yes that line has been crossed by some schools (UNC) but those coaches care about those kids and want them to succeed. As a former player I do wish I got paid by the NCAA and I think student athletes should be paid but is an education valuable, absolutely.

I have no argument with much of what you say, but the NCAA model has dwindled down to the prep level and has done as much damage as good to all sports.

These are 15-18 kids we are talking about.

Is he supposed to rep you and your culture?(what ever that heck is)

Yeah he's paid to discuss, debate, argue, sports topics. Period

And if other stuff like politics, race, etc come into play, he's educated and well spoken enough to say how he feels. It's still a free country last I checked.

As I said... not a topic for the board. Good day good sir.

Sta is still disgrace for not playing IMG. Two of the three most recruited teams in the United States, along with the bishop. They should find two or three more like them and just form a National League. Heritage, TCA, Oxford, those teams are minor league compared to Saint Thomas. A few teams that may join them in that league would be Don Bosco prep, Bergen Catholic, paramas Catholic, mater dei, st. John bosco, DeLaSalle, Saint Xavier from Ohio, although they don't recruit nearly as much, and a few others.

Sta is still disgrace for not playing IMG. Two of the three most recruited teams in the United States, along with the bishop. They should find two or three more like them and just form a National League. Heritage, TCA, Oxford, those teams are minor league compared to Saint Thomas. A few teams that may join them in that league would be Don Bosco prep, Bergen Catholic, paramas Catholic, mater dei, st. John bosco, DeLaSalle, Saint Xavier from Ohio, although they don't recruit nearly as much, and a few others.

The only minor validity to your statements is the fact that you know about Plant athletics and football. That is the scary angle to all of this.....No one knows about and how to spot recruiting better than a Plant rep, right?

Whatever you say kid. Tell me which team "recruits": the one with 50 D1 players or the one with 5 D1 players. Open your eyes. Your statement, much like your position on these issues, is laughable.

Plant had 3 players sign D1. 3 others have non D1 football offers.

How many STA guys went D1 this year? 17?

Whatever you say kid. Tell me which team "recruits": the one with 50 D1 players or the one with 5 D1 players. Open your eyes. Your statement, much like your position on these issues, is laughable.

And tell me the team that actually has multiple charges and violations with the FHSAA.

Tell me the program that has gone as low as recruiting cross country runners.

So 5 illegally is fine but 50 clean is a big problem?

Are you really going there?

Stay on this topic please so we can really expose that Plant education...

But theirs a whole bunch of schools down here that have more then 6 players sign D1 too... I'm gonna say it again STA does not have to recruit.. The kids and their parents find their way to STA , AHP, Chaminade, Pace , Columbus, Cardinal Gibbons and other public schools... You know that too.. shoot Chaminade and Cardinal Gibbons and AHP have so far more transfers coming to them then STA.. Are you outrage at them? My lil cousin just transferred to Miami Pace from Miramar, those that bother you? Just tell Plant to go up to 8a or move down to 6a and that will solve your STA bitching...

And tell me the team that actually has multiple charges and violations with the FHSAA.

Tell me the program that has gone as low as recruiting cross country runners.

So 5 illegally is fine but 50 clean is a big problem?

Are you really going there?

Stay on this topic please so we can really expose that Plant education...

You're right Plant got caught doing wrong by public school standards might not of been penalized had they been a private school.

But theirs a whole bunch of schools down here that have more then 6 players sign D1 too... I'm gonna say it again STA does not have to recruit.. The kids and their parents find their way to STA , AHP, Chaminade, Pace , Columbus, Cardinal Gibbons and other public schools... You know that too.. shoot Chaminade and Cardinal Gibbons and AHP have so far more transfers coming to them then STA.. Are you outrage at them? My lil cousin just transferred to Miami Pace from Miramar, those that bother you? Just tell Plant to go up to 8a or move down to 6a and that will solve your STA bitching...

For the record and in defense of Plant (LOL I know right) their DC is a former poster, of this board as is their DB coach. From what I get from conversations with them they knew the Deck was stacked against them but they didn't curb and quit they went in and put together a game plan and prepared to try to win the game... They didn't, but I have not worse heard them complain about playing a super team... Those guys are bootstrap guys... They hope to see STA again and try to beat them next time.

So please disregard JD his opinion is not shared amongst the Plant coaching staff and players at least.

As we know 1 thing about Plant to a fault they are not scared to play anyone even if they are getting their asses handed to them as has happened in several out of state games.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Ok I stand corrected I am not sure what they did but it must be bad.

Getting caught actively recruiting and providing housing for athletes is what I gather... Yeah STA would go down if they got caught at a little league game in Jacksonville giving Mr. Johnson her lease papers to sign for a place right down the street from STA.

Varsity. I already told you we aint having it here. We don't agree and no form of questioning will get us into agreement so I am going to kabash that part of this thread right now. #NOTFORTHEBOARD

Getting caught actively recruiting and providing housing for athletes is what I gather... Yeah STA would go down if they got caught at a little league game in Jacksonville giving Mr. Johnson her lease papers to sign for a place right down the street from STA.

It's obvious you don't know diddly squat about Sta. They have been doing that for years upon years.

It's obvious you don't know diddly squat about Sta. They have been doing that for years upon years.

Great Venice Coach your now the Expert on STA. Like I said "GETTING CAUGHT"

So STA is doing it and you have proof? Okay fine well why don't you or someone with proof expose it instead of complaining about it on a message board?

For the record and in defense of Plant (LOL I know right) their DC is a former poster, of this board as is their DB coach. From what I get from conversations with them they knew the Deck was stacked against them but they didn't curb and quit they went in and put together a game plan and prepared to try to win the game... They didn't, but I have not worse heard them complain about playing a super team... Those guys are bootstrap guys... They hope to see STA again and try to beat them next time.

So please disregard JD his opinion is not shared amongst the Plant coaching staff and players at least.

As we know 1 thing about Plant to a fault they are not scared to play anyone even if they are getting their asses handed to them as has happened in several out of state games.

You make a good point peezy28... Regardless of the score, Plant's coaching staff along with the demeanor and body language of their team looked like friggen gladiators against STA versus what Venice showed.

So STA is doing it and you have proof? Okay fine well why don't you or someone with proof expose it instead of complaining about it on a message board?

This clown can't even provide proof that the best offensive and best defensive players on Venice last year were zoned for Venice.

People like this are the kind of people that rush in front of cameras while intoxicated to be seen and heard. You know what I mean, Venice Coach?

I don't coach or live anywhere near Venice, but thanks anyway.

Donnie's peons haven't GOTTEN CAUGHT dealing with Moscow during the election but would you lay a wager on the fact they didn't.

Right here, right now?

This clown can't even provide proof that the best offensive and best defensive players on Venice last year were zoned for Venice.

People like this are the kind of people that rush in front of cameras while intoxicated to be seen and heard. You know what I mean, Venice Coach?

I know the difference between a big mouth and a soft heart.

And my proof comes from south FL. People close to the school and program.
One of them being a FORMER PLAYER.

It's no secret, especially in broward county, that friends/alumni with fat wallets are helping funnel certain kids to that school. And it goes way beyond apartment and condo rentals.

Like I already said, you don't what you're talking about.

It's no secret, especially in broward county, that friends/alumni with fat wallets are helping funnel certain kids to that school. And it goes way beyond apartment and condo rentals.

All of that you claim has been going on for years yet still no validity.

Have you, your District or even the AD of your County ever filled a claim or investigation relative to your evidence of such activities ?

What is interesting is STA generally is not even getting the top players at each position in SFL. The most depth -sure. But not the the best of the best at each position. You likely feel otherwise. I'll agree to disagree on that one.
I could make a 2016 public SFL team that would mop the floor with 2016 Aquinas but keep drinking the kool-aid or whatever Kweylude is drinking...

I don't coach or live anywhere near Venice, but thanks anyway.

Donnie's peons haven't GOTTEN CAUGHT dealing with Moscow during the election but would you lay a wager on the fact they didn't.

Right here, right now?

I know I was being funny as this all spawned from Venice... Your more of a Polk County guy right?

OF COURSE I wouldn't lay a wager on that or STA doing illegal things. I am not defending them at all I am just saying one school got caught dealing that way and the other hasn't (or has and no one has the balls to turn them in). I am all for exposing them... I am waiting for the day for someone to turn them in with evidence and they get their ban.

If you have evidence of it then be the 1st one to put them on blast and all of this will go away for a few years.

Coaches in Tampa in particular are guilty of always complaining about this school did this or that yet no one ever turns anyone in... Not sure if its a no snitching thing, thick as thieves or that guy has as much stuff on the other program as they have on his and its just mutually assured destruction.

I will be glad if the day ever comes that people stop talking and start doing.

Tell me this... why hasn't anyone turned them in?

What is the point of complaining of something that you won't do anything about.

I don't care to know much about this situation to be honest. Its high school frickin football and does not affect my life other than for entertainment purposes. I do know if it was me with the info that you say you have and I was directly affected by it I would not sit on it idly and just complain about in on a message board.

All of that you claim has been going on for years yet still no validity.

Have you, your District or even the AD of your County ever filled a claim or investigation relative to your evidence of such activities ?

NO they just like to complain about it... If they have the info I say use it.

You're right Plant got caught doing wrong by public school standards might not of been penalized had they been a private school.

UMMM... don't know where you are getting your misinformation from? Plant has not been on football probation. Last time they had any trouble was the 1982 season. Kid came in from OOS and and already had used up his eligibility. Something like that couldn't happen with modern computer record keeping anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT