ADVERTISEMENT

IMG vs. St Thomas

It's obvious you don't know diddly squat about Sta. They have been doing that for years upon years.
As soon as you have receipts for it then ppl would believe you until then your just talking out your you know what... I'm down here and handicapper is down here.. None of us rep STA and got no affiliation with them besides my hs teammate is their Wr coach... I would be the first to put them on blast if that was happening... But it's not... STA does not have to RECRUIT... As I put up on my other post 3 of those other private school has more activity going on then STA...

Tell me this... why hasn't anyone turned them in?

What is the point of complaining of something that you won't do anything about.

I don't care to know much about this situation to be honest. Its high school frickin football and does not affect my life other than for entertainment purposes. I do know if it was me with the info that you say you have and I was directly affected by it I would not sit on it idly and just complain about in on a message board.
I will help him out Peezy Tranel Troutman.. 2018 DB for STA... Follow me now.. Lives in Liberty City in Miami... Started his HS carrer started at Monsignor Pace (Private Miami School in opa locka) then transfers too MNW, then transfers to STA (Private school)last year... Still lives in Liberty City... Makes the commute to school everyday..Now where is the paid apt or housing for him to live in Ft Lauderdale?

Zoe, with all due respect, that's not the best example to make your point.

I mean why would a guy transfer that much? As you yourself say, STA is a great program, and I'm presuming he's a big-time corner, so why didn't he just head to STA from the get-go, for all the other reasons you and handi have stated instead of making two intermediate stops? He could have learned their defense, get comfotable with their coaches and system and gets exposure and a ring or two waiting his turn.

See to outsiders the perception is he didn't find them, they found him. He's meeting a need in a program and that need is being articulated to a 16 or 17 year old impressionable kid by someone. Maybe that somebody is from Liberty City playing at NW; "Yo T, our 3-star corner's gone next year, you'd start for us in a minute, you know the Bulls will be best in Dade next year."

Or maybe its a coach with a connection to Liberty City, "We've been watching you at NW - we need your skills. Nobody has better players than us and you're going to be one of them. You're guaranteed with us. Did I mention we had 16 guys sign this year. What's your ring size?"

Miami/Dade is a huge megalopolis that has an abundance of great athletes, and it has always happened. It's NW one year, BTW, then Central. I realize many of the best athletes go where its hot. It happened on the west coast too. But the diffenece here is, there are only so many blue chip athletes in each of the small commiunities that have a fraction of the schools.

I know....Your more of a Polk County guy right?

OF COURSE I wouldn't lay a wager on that or STA doing illegal things. I am not defending them at all I am just saying one school got caught dealing that way and the other hasn't (or has and no one has the balls to turn them in).

If you have evidence of it then be the 1st one to put them on blast and all of this will go away for a few years.

I will be glad if the day ever comes that people stop talking and start doing.

1. You have 65 other counties/guesses in FLA, but by all means keep trying.

2. Let the schools and people who have to deal with them do it. I don't have any dealings with Sta, on or off the field. I just know a few people directly connected to the school.

3. You sound as bothered as keepitreal and some of the others. Be careful, your 2 sidekicks wont like that.

Last edited:
Tell me this... why hasn't anyone turned them in?

What is the point of complaining of something that you won't do anything about.

I don't care to know much about this situation to be honest. Its high school frickin football and does not affect my life other than for entertainment purposes. I do know if it was me with the info that you say you have and I was directly affected by it I would not sit on it idly and just complain about in on a message board.

You care enough to keep screaming, "Lock them up".

STA and Bishop Gorman, along with IMG are private schools and can recruit/offer scholarships to attend. It is all the same, IMG just offers a better training environment that is geared towards the athlete so they are able to appeal to a bigger pool from around the nation. In my opinion, after watching all three teams play multiple times last year, all three teams could beat each other depending on the week. Gorman was deserving of the national title.

Broward had well over 60 FBS players in the 2016 class. Here are arguably the top 25.

Top 25 Talent Spread in Broward County from the 2016 Class. Source : Miami Herald - Manny Navarro & David Furones

There are 11 schools in this top 25 and STA flat out does not have the most... So if STA is "recruiting " , they are doing a piss-poor job of late.

Broward had well over 60 FBS players in the 2016 class. Here are arguably the top 25.

BROWARD TOP 25 RECRUITS

Player, position

School

Ht./Wt.

College

1. Nick Bosa, DE

St. Thomas Aquinas

6-4/265

Ohio State

2. Brian Burns, DE

American Heritage

6-5/215

FSU

3. Sam Bruce, WR

St. Thomas Aquinas

5-8/180

UM

4. Binjimen Victor, WR

Coconut Creek

6-4/170

Ohio State

5. Trayvon Mullen, CB

Coconut Creek

6-2/172

Clemson

6. Devin Bush, LB

Flanagan

5-11/226

Michigan

7. Riley Ridley, WR

Deerfield Beach

6-2/198

Georgia

8. Malek Young, ATH

Coconut Creek

5-10/175

UM

9. Nick Eubanks, TE

American Heritage

6-6/215

Michigan

10. Joshua Hammond, WR

Hallandale

6-1/180

Florida

11. Dredrick Snelson, WR

Flanagan

6-0/198

UCF

12. Zack Moss, RB

Hallandale

5-10/205

Utah

13. Aaron Robinson, CB

Deerfield Beach

6-1/185

Alabama

14. Tyler Huntley, QB

Hallandale

6-1/175

Utah

15. Aaron Thompson, DT

Dillard

6-4/255

South Carolina

16. Brandon Johnson, WR

American Heritage

6-3/172

Tennessee

17. Alexy Jean-Baptiste, LB

Coconut Creek

6-3/205

Arkansas

18. Deon McIntosh, RB

Cardinal Gibbons

5-11/175

Notre Dame

19. James Pierre, S

Deerfield Beach

6-2/174

North Carolina

20. Devin Gil, S

Flanagan

6-1/205

Michigan

21. Jaquwan Nelson, DE

Fort Lauderdale

6-4/230

Syracuse

22. Kenneth Ruff, LB

Dillard

6-3/236

Syracuse

23. Dallas Jeanty, LB

Fort Lauderdale

6-0/220

Wisconsin

24. Michael Irvin II, WR

St. Thomas Aquinas

6-3/220

UM

25. Johnny Huntley, WR

South Plantation

6-3/200

Colorado

STA scared to play IMG.
That is pretty much the depth you are limited to with that Plant education..... you essentially have the cognitive ability of a dead cabbage. I apologize you are flat out stupid and are not capable of putting more than 10 words together..(kind of like Plant trying to put points on the board, right :)) That Plant education...
Can we please get a few non-Plant STA haters going on this here?

I need a little more depth/substance to argue with.

Class of 2018 STA players with atleast 1 FBS offer, and where they originally came from...

4* CB Asante Samuel Jr. - STA Original

4* WR Elijah Moore - Transfer from Western(Davie) FL

4* CB Al Blades Jr. - Transfer from University School FL

4* WDE Nik Bonitto - Transfer from University School FL

4* CB Trenell Troutman - Transfer from Miami Northwestern FL

3* OLB Rocky Shelton - STA Original

3* OT Jason Swann - Transfer from Somerset Academy Charter FL

3* OG Sebastian Sainterling - Transfer from Hallandale FL

OT Dejmi Dumervil Jean - Transfer from Boyd Anderson FL (11 FBS offers)

S Adetutu Daranijo - STA Original (5 FBS offers)

WR Teriq Phillips - STA Original (2 FBS offers)

ATH Tavares Kelly Jr. - STA Original (2 FBS offers)

ILB Jalen Mackie - Transfer from University School FL (1 FBS offer)

8 of the 13 c/o 2018 STA players with atleast 1 FBS offer, are transfers... doesnt mean any of the other 5 arent, I just cant find where they did transfer...

8 of the players have star ratings, 6 of the 8 were transfers

Substance. Many more stud football players will miraculously appear at STA this off season. But yhey don't recruit. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Very good 181pl! I'll give you an "A" for that response!

Currently though Chaminade-Madonna are winning perhaps a few Dade schools are winning the stud player race. STA will likely make a surge this spring...

Very good 181pl! I'll give you an "A" for that response! Currently though Chaminade-Madonna are winning perhaps a few Dade schools are winning the stud player race. STA will likely make a surge this spring...

OK, even though he needed a little more depth and substance to argue with, he has once again, all but agreed STA recruits. Never a surprise to anyone on here for the 15 years I've been on the board, we're just surprised that people stil argue it. He has painted himself into corners admiting as much in his previous narratives but suggesting STA isn't the only one - no, they aren't - nobody's arguing that.

So is everybody satisfied now. handi you can now return to the National Board wherever that is and straigten out eveybody over there. The rest of yous guys, can we now all just say this issue is settled?

OK, even though he needed a little more depth and substance to argue with, he has once again, all but agreed STA recruits. Never a surprise to anyone on here for the 15 years I've been on the board, we're just surprised that people stil argue it. He has painted himself into corners admiting as much in his previous narratives but suggesting STA isn't the only one - no, they aren't - nobody's arguing that.

So is everybody satisfied now. handi you can now return to the National Board wherever that is and straigten out eveybody over there. The rest of yous guys, can we now all just say this issue is settled?
That said...Does Venice recruit ? Perhaps to get their top players?

What would you say if I told you they were a very good and respected program around here and they didn't need to recruit?

I would say you may be correct. I would say that when you have a winning program in your geographical area it is not uncommon to attract student athletes that want to be successful....Kids want to play for winning programs. Wouldn't you agree?

What would you say if I told you they were a very good and respected program around here and they didn't need to recruit?

SK..
By saying this you do realize your essentially agreeing with him about STA right? Lol.

I think you missed the perverted twist there maestro - but yes that is the case. That doesn't mean programs don't recruit also.

Class of 2018 STA players with atleast 1 FBS offer, and where they originally came from...

8 of the 13 c/o 2018 STA players with atleast 1 FBS offer, are transfers... doesnt mean any of the other 5 arent, I just cant find where they did transfer...

Substance. Many more stud football players will miraculously appear at STA this off season. But yhey don't recruit. Nothing to see here.
Update your file Sebastian sterling is at Chaminade.. 3 other kids transfer in from other privates and Elijah Moore is from fr Lauderdale.... Wonder why he went to Weston?

Hearing rumors the best public RB in SW Florida (outside of IMG) out of Bradenton Manatee is possibly transferring 45 mins south to Venice....Yup....perhaps becoming a Venice Indian for just his Senior year..

latest

Last edited:
Zoe, with all due respect, that's not the best example to make your point.

I mean why would a guy transfer that much? As you yourself say, STA is a great program, and I'm presuming he's a big-time corner, so why didn't he just head to STA from the get-go, for all the other reasons you and handi have stated instead of making two intermediate stops? He could have learned their defense, get comfotable with their coaches and system and gets exposure and a ring or two waiting his turn.

See to outsiders the perception is he didn't find them, they found him. He's meeting a need in a program and that need is being articulated to a 16 or 17 year old impressionable kid by someone. Maybe that somebody is from Liberty City playing at NW; "Yo T, our 3-star corner's gone next year, you'd start for us in a minute, you know the Bulls will be best in Dade next year."

Or maybe its a coach with a connection to Liberty City, "We've been watching you at NW - we need your skills. Nobody has better players than us and you're going to be one of them. You're guaranteed with us. Did I mention we had 16 guys sign this year. What's your ring size?"

Miami/Dade is a huge megalopolis that has an abundance of great athletes, and it has always happened. It's NW one year, BTW, then Central. I realize many of the best athletes go where its hot. It happened on the west coast too. But the diffenece here is, there are only so many blue chip athletes in each of the small commiunities that have a fraction of the schools.
That's a valid question? In that case why did he started at a private school first? Then went to public and then went to private again... I know some of his ppls that's why i used him for an example... His old man transferred him and wanted him to go to school at STA even tho they were kids starting over him now and last year. Some of the reason is cause of the violence that was happening that year he attended MNW.. Jit had offers since his freshman year. So he transfers to STA and still haven't started yet.. His dad made the jump to STA..... They never recruited him... Like I said before I'm not an STA apologist.. I can care less what they do.. I'm a dade guy but like DJ Khalid said I'm in the streets!! Lol.. One thing when you coach high school down here you here a lot of things.. We're just giving it to you blood raw.. STA does not have to recruit... It is what it is.. Now that everybody playing by the same rules come on 2017 season and see what happens cause if STA wins again I want to here the new excuse.. My ad I took so long to get back with this just came back from out of the country on my anniversary trip...

Reactions: Silver King
If these kids can just transfer into STA because it's the best school in the area are you saying it is free to go to school there? I just looked at what it cost to go to school at STA ($11,300.00) Not a cheap school to go to if you just want to transfer in to play football. In my opinion as a student athlete you're not going there unless you've been contacted by someone telling you they'll get you some sort of scholarship to go to STA.

http://aquinas-sta.org/wp-content/u...dule-and-Financial-Assistance-Information.pdf

If these kids can just transfer into STA because it's the best school in the area are you saying it is free to go to school there? I just looked at what it cost to go to school at STA ($11,300.00) Not a cheap school to go to if you just want to transfer in to play football. In my opinion as a student athlete you're not going there unless you've been contacted by someone telling you they'll get you some sort of scholarship to go to STA.

http://aquinas-sta.org/wp-content/u...dule-and-Financial-Assistance-Information.pdf

Not a bad deal compared to other catholic schools around the state....For example still less than Tampa Jesuit, Tampa Catholic and Clearwater Central Catholic.
Also not cheap schools to transfer to and play football in their own ...

Then of course you have other private schools like American Heritage Plantation where it is over 28K for tuition....but let's get back to the topic here ....No need to make STA's tuition the going rate or even below the norm for private schooling with facts - right ;)?

What is your opinion on the other schools listed above and student athletes attending those schools?

"I just looked at what it cost to go to school at STA ($11,300.00) Not a cheap school to go to if you just want to transfer in to play football. In my opinion as a student athlete you're not going there unless you've been contacted by someone telling you they'll get you some sort of scholarship to go to STA. "

Same concept and opinion for the schools I listed above, or only STA operates in a manner to that of your opinion?

Last edited:
Not a bad deal compared to other catholic schools around the state....For example still less than Tampa Jesuit, Tampa Catholic and Clearwater Central Catholic.
Also not cheap schools to transfer to and play football in their own ...

Then of course you have other private schools like American Heritage Plantation where it is over 28K for tuition....but let's get back to the topic here ....No need to make STA's tuition the going rate or even below the norm for private schooling with facts - right ;)?

What is your opinion on the other schools listed above and student athletes attending those schools?

"I just looked at what it cost to go to school at STA ($11,300.00) Not a cheap school to go to if you just want to transfer in to play football. In my opinion as a student athlete you're not going there unless you've been contacted by someone telling you they'll get you some sort of scholarship to go to STA. "

Same concept and opinion for the schools I listed above, or only STA operates in a manner to that of your opinion?

Like I have stated multiple times Handicapper I'm talking about all of the private schools. STA is not the only ones reaping all of the rewards there are plenty others but STA is who we're talking about but yes this goes for all private schools. We're beating a dead horse the fact is STA (Along with all other private schools) had an advantage over public schools because of the rules. Now they're changed so kids can go where ever they'd like to go I'm not sure but we'll certainly find out.

Like I have stated multiple times Handicapper I'm talking about all of the private schools. STA is not the only ones reaping all of the rewards there are plenty others but STA is who we're talking about but yes this goes for all private schools. We're beating a dead horse the fact is STA (Along with all other private schools) had an advantage over public schools because of the rules. Now they're changed so kids can go where ever they'd like to go I'm not sure but we'll certainly find out.

Does your previous statement (see below) sound like it is talking about "all private schools" or labeling?

Why not simply make the reference to "all private schools" rather than what appears to be cut and dry paragraph applies to STA....You even pulled a link relative to STA ...
If you are going to label and your point is the cost of tuition for student athletes you actually could have referenced a stronger case with other schools. Did you ever check the tuition for the Catholics in Tampa. They are probably similar or all more than STA....just saying.

My ad I took so long to get back with this just came back from out of the country on my anniversary trip...

Yeah I figured, I hear you. Stuff goes on. I have no ill will towards STA, and if it works for kids transferring then good for them, particularly now that its allowed (The reason you gave about violence is as good a reasons there is, you should only have violence on the field hitting somebody).

I'm just a fortunate guy who doesn't know anything else, having played in one program, and watching my three sons play in it with the kids they grew up with - including my youngest's group who all won a Pop Warner National Championship title together and two of us made the State Semi-final games.

I'll put some of the skill players we've had on me and my son's teams against any in the state (That includes Burton Lawless one of FHSAA's Top 100 Players of all time; Mike Bellamy who broke the State TD record his Sr year; Justin Midgett who beat STA and broke four state passing records - Tebow broke two of his; and one we didn;t play with from last year's team who will be returning; Savorion Warren who led the state with 8 picks). What gets us, is not having the Linemen on either side of the ball to go along with that. That 285lb averaged Carol City line I could have run behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zoe Boy

Howl manny moore timed yuo knead two heard dis? SAT aint a loud two recrewt no bodies. And day dont cus if'd day did they been cult buy now.

That guy with the koolaid had a bad cult man, but at least he had to force them to drink it, some on here drinkin' it on their own free will.
kool1_zps4fejsz4o.jpg

kool1_zps4fejsz4o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT