ADVERTISEMENT

Charlotte 14-24 Palmetto

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Watched this one on Tiger Vision, those guys do a great job broadcasting - of course they’re homers, but they are entertaining.

Tarps second sloppy game in a row against teams they should have competed against better; Threw two INTs to stop scoring drives, had a dozen dropped, missed targets, and they continue on their quest to break the record of procedural calls in a single season. Palmetto made quite a few mistakes too. This game has to have had close to 200 yards of penalties.

How many games have you seen Refs call Off setting Personal Fouls and walk off the additional offsides for five yards? They did it twice tonight.Called a late Targeting penalty on Tarps late on an out of bounds play, that even the Palmetto Broadcasters were shocked at, on replay twice, nowhere near. Then called a delay on Palmetto's Victory Formation.

Last edited:
I thought the Tarps started out well, but as the game progressed it seemed they lost their focus and just weren't playing as sharp (makes me wonder if the Tarps issues at this point are just mostly mental?). Defensively I thought the Tarps played well enough to win this one. Palmetto's got some fast and hard to bring down RB's. The Palmetto QB didn't play as well as he did the week before against Manatee either. I really like the LB's for Palmetto too #45 and #21!

I've always thought the folks at Palmetto put together a good video production, they apparently get assistance with a production unit out of Atlanta, that allows for some nice graphics and replays during the game.

Tarps I believe will make some noise come the playoffs!

Yeah those two INTs and another fumble that gave them the ball in the red sone were huge. We played with better ball discipline early, particulalry without spring, now all of a sudden we can't catch and are loose with the ball. Hey PM me I've got something I want to share with you

Last edited:
Haven't done a PM before and not real sure how to go about doing that? You can email me if you'd like:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT