ADVERTISEMENT

5A - North Marion Colts

ProSetEye

Oct 24, 2011
Ocala
Just looked at their schedule for 2015 and it's probably the most difficult schedule in North Marion's history. They have the following opponents, in addition to their regular district opponents which are pretty competitive in their own right:

4A Booker T-Washington @ Booker T (Kick Off Classic)
7A Blanche Ely @ Ely
6A Forest @NM
6A Vanguard @Vanguard
6A Pasco @NM
6A Gainesville @NM
8A Lake Worth @NM
7A Hoover, AL @ Hoover
6A Lake Weir @NM

I guess I don't see it, the only game that counts towards the record that's really rough is Hoover.

Booker T: Top tier but doesn't count
Blanche Ely: 6-5 last year
Ocala Forest: 4-6 lost to West Port
Vanguard: 4-6 decent team
Pasco: 6-4 decent team
GHS: 7-6 will struggle to be 500 this year
Eastside: 4-6 talented but not good
Lake Worth: 5-6
Bellview: Awful as it gets
Hoover: great team and tradition
Lake Weir: 4-6 not very good

So if you take Hoover out the best win total is 7. That screams really tough to you? That screams mediocre to me. Just my take.

Last year's records are last year. Has nothing to do with what these teams will do this year. The fact that the Colts are playing up, 6A through 8A in nearly every game, is a tougher schedule than they have played in the past. That's all I stated.

Marion County Football is the weakest its ever been possibly. Props to NM for playing up but I agree it won't mean much this year. Hoover will be a fun one to see how they much up and if they are state title ready. Good luck to coach Field and gang.

I guess I just see it differently. Take West Port last year, they were 8A, so if a 4A team beat them its still not a quality win. Doesn't really matter what class you're in if you are really bad. Bellview would be bad in 3A, because they are a 6A team doesn't make them good.

Reactions: riverrat1961
Captains.....................if you notice I never stated that NM had a world beater schedule. I simply stated that it was the toughest schedule that the Colts have ever had. I agree with Sayitdontsprayit that Marion country this year will probably have no breakout teams unless Sturdivant does his stuff at OTC. When you play up a lower classification team almost always is at a disadvantage against a higher classification team regardless of the records, due to depth of the rosters and the ability of a higher classification team to at times have players that don't go both ways and that can absorb injuries better. I don't believe that this calls for a disagreement.

OTC lost a lot of kids back to NM. NM is loaded. If they stay healthy they will breakout if Field can get them past the dreaded NM playoff curse. Everyone jumped ship at OTC. Sinking ship with that current administration.

I hate to say it but the Colts have always had a lot of D-1 players, just about every season. Now they got a couple more from OTC. Don't think it will really matter much. They seem to have consistent troubles somewhere around the third round of the playoffs. They can't get past the exceptional teams. By the way, only a handful of players departed OTC. It's the same every summer. Most go back to the public schools as their parents can't afford the tuition. Don't know if that is the case with Woods and Vinson. But, there are some good players that have already come in and more to come during August. OTC will be fine. No sinking ship.

I don't envy the Colts this Friday. They travel to Miami to meet up with Booker T Washington at Traz Powell Stadium. 300 miles for a KO Classic. If they can survive the trip and defeat Booker T, although it's only a pre-season game, then that will give them momentum going forward for the season. Good luck to one of our Marion County teams.

Reactions: Sayitdontsprayit
The Colts were leading throughout most of the game. Score was 28-27 Booker T in the 4th quarter. On the last play of the game North Marion kicked a field goal and just missed. Final score 28-27 Booker T. Looks as though the Colts will be making some noise this season.

The Colts were leading throughout most of the game. Score was 28-27 Booker T in the 4th quarter. On the last play of the game North Marion kicked a field goal and just missed. Final score 28-27 Booker T. Looks as though the Colts will be making some noise this season.
Dang was anyone at the game last night that can provide some insight on how both teams looked?

Dang was anyone at the game last night that can provide some insight on how both teams looked?

Miami Herald has video of the game highlights on its website. Lots of big plays by both teams. Going for the win with seconds on the clock the Colts field goal gets blocked.

For any that watched that game the Colts are going to be some force to deal with this season. They played a very very tough Booker T team, on their field, in their neighborhood, nearly 300 miles drive from home, and missed by a hair of giving them their first loss since 2012. The Colts looked awesome.

Last edited:
For any that watched that game the Colts are going to be some force to deal with this season. They played a very very tough Booker T team, on their field, in their neighborhood, nearly 300 miles drive from home, and missed by a hair of giving them their first loss since 2012. The Colts looked awesome.
I was at the game fri night.. I was an electric atmosphere... NM is gonna wreck 5a north from what I seen on Friday... As of BTW, their are a very young team that made a lot of simple mistakes that they wouldn't have made with any of the ice's... BTW wr got open all night but had the cases of the dropsy.... But they are fast... I was really impress with their back up qb which is a freshmen... Throw 2 tds and command the huddle.... They should still have a run at the 4a playoffs barring injury of course...

Welcome over Zoe Boy, good to have some 305 perspective again. Canes, Baller, OU112, DSouth, Blindeyes, and others stopped posting here long ago. No Jersey, Georgia, Texas, or Cally boys here either. Try staying awake, this ain't like Dallas's thing. Peace.

Welcome over Zoe Boy, good to have some 305 perspective again. Canes, Baller, OU112, DSouth, Blindeyes, and others stopped posting here long ago. No Jersey, Georgia, Texas, or Cally boys here either. Try staying awake, this ain't like Dallas's thing. Peace.
I am on Dallas board.. I just come to this sight here and there...

The Colts never cease to amaze me. Last week they made the long trip to Miami and lost a very close one to Booker T. Washington 28-27 when the last second very short field goal attempt was blocked. This Saturday they once again headed south to Pompano Beach to take on pretty tough 7A Blanch Ely. They won 17-6. Maybe I was wrong about this team which has problems getting past the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the playoffs almost every season. North Marion has always had the talented players. Somehow, though, they always seem to shoot themselves in the foot enoute to Orlando. Let's hope this year is different.

Ely isn't the Ely of the mid to late 2000's when it comes to tough football. I think the Colts have a real good chance. Maybe ProSetEye has seen them play this year and has more confidence than I have in Ely pulling off a win.

Ely isn't the Ely of the mid to late 2000's when it comes to tough football. I think the Colts have a real good chance. Maybe ProSetEye has seen them play this year and has more confidence than I have in Ely pulling off a win.

Not really Cat...............I do some research on a lot of teams and pretty much wing it. Ely does fairly well in 7A. Not great but well enough. One has to figure their school is nearly twice the size of NM, which means a bigger roster. They are also a south Florida team and should have more natural talent available than NM would. Also traveling for nearly 5 hours on a bus is no fun. NM did not have an easy time of it as they were behind 6-4 in the final quarter until a couple of their star players finally acted like stars.

So this was the toughest schedule in North Marion history??? I tried to tell you Proset, take note next time.

Booker T Washington 5-5
Blanche Ely 1-8
Ocala Forest 6-3
Ocala Vanguard 7-2
Pasco 4-5
Gainesville 6-4
Eastside 1-8
Lake Worth 4-6
Bellview 1-8
Hoover 8-2
Lake Weir 5-4

48-52 win loss record

Help me out Proset and point out the tough portion of the schedule? Unfortunately for North Marion they lost to the best 2 on that schedule. Please don't point out playoff teams because both Eastside and Blanche Ely are playoff teams and they have combined for 2 wins.

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
Great observation Captain!!! I think the people have travelling to teams that are hours away means the team must be good. I'm not sure this weeks game against Lake Weir will last until halftime.

So this was the toughest schedule in North Marion history??? I tried to tell you Proset, take note next time.

Booker T Washington 5-5
Blanche Ely 1-8
Ocala Forest 6-3
Ocala Vanguard 7-2
Pasco 4-5
Gainesville 6-4
Eastside 1-8
Lake Worth 4-6
Bellview 1-8
Hoover 8-2
Lake Weir 5-4

48-52 win loss record

Help me out Proset and point out the tough portion of the schedule? Unfortunately for North Marion they lost to the best 2 on that schedule. Please don't point out playoff teams because both Eastside and Blanche Ely are playoff teams and they have combined for 2 wins.

Really. So, you tell me pal, how is anyone to know at the beginning of the season what records teams will have? You have to go by their past performances and their classifications. If they had played Lincoln, Madison, Dr. Krop, Miramar, Pine Ridge, Orange Park, South Lake, Jefferson, Godby, and a few others, who either were powerhouse teams or were extremely good teams, that no one would have suspected were in such poor shape nearing the end of the season, what would you have deduced? I don't see your point unless it is to point fingers, which you seem very good at. Do you have any team that you support and can talk about. Or, do you just roam the board looking to stick it to people?

If you will kindly scroll up to the 2nd post in the thread I pointed out why I thought this was a mediocre schedule before a single game had been played. I cited the history of those teams along with last year's record. Your response to me was " Last years record are last year. Has nothing to do with what teams will do this year". Well it seems that those things may come into play.
My point is I tried to tell you this 3 months ago and provided evidence as to such. To which you disregarded as nothing. Which is fine, that is your opinion. However now we can look at what is fact and not an opinion. It appears that the facts are that if this is N Marion's toughest schedule ever, it has been a sad state of affairs over there. Don't get upset Proset, I'm not trolling you, simply making an argument based on facts. If you don't like that simply don't respond.
My team is the Trenton Tigers'. Feel free to hate away on them as everyone else already does.

Reactions: riverrat1961
Just looked at their schedule for 2015 and it's probably the most difficult schedule in North Marion's history. They have the following opponents, in addition to their regular district opponents which are pretty competitive in their own right:

7A Blanche Ely @ Ely
6A Forest @NM
6A Vanguard @Vanguard
6A Pasco @NM
6A Gainesville @NM
8A Lake Worth @NM
7A Hoover, AL @ Hoover
6A Lake Weir @NM

7A Blanche Ely @ Ely
6A Forest @NM
6A Vanguard @Vanguard
6A Pasco @NM
6A Gainesville @NM
8A Lake Worth @NM
7A Hoover, AL @ Hoover
6A Lake Weir @NM

7A Blanche Ely @ Ely
6A Forest @NM
6A Vanguard @Vanguard
6A Pasco @NM
6A Gainesville @NM
8A Lake Worth @NM
7A Hoover, AL @ Hoover
6A Lake Weir @NM

7A Blanche Ely @ Ely
6A Forest @NM
6A Vanguard @Vanguard
6A Pasco @NM
6A Gainesville @NM
8A Lake Worth @NM
7A Hoover, AL @ Hoover
6A Lake Weir @NM

Aside from BTW being improved from this year that schedule appears very weak.. LW is horrible, Ely has had nothing since Tyronne Moss and the rest are not power demons at all ..No, not much here...

Last edited:
If you will kindly scroll up to the 2nd post in the thread I pointed out why I thought this was a mediocre schedule before a single game had been played. I cited the history of those teams along with last year's record. Your response to me was " Last years record are last year. Has nothing to do with what teams will do this year". Well it seems that those things may come into play.
My point is I tried to tell you this 3 months ago and provided evidence as to such. To which you disregarded as nothing. Which is fine, that is your opinion. However now we can look at what is fact and not an opinion. It appears that the facts are that if this is N Marion's toughest schedule ever, it has been a sad state of affairs over there. Don't get upset Proset, I'm not trolling you, simply making an argument based on facts. If you don't like that simply don't respond.
My team is the Trenton Tigers'. Feel free to hate away on them as everyone else already does.

Didn't mean to jump all over you. Just get a little tired of people taking issue with everything I say on this board . And, you probably know who those few people are, being a Trenton supporter.

I also stated that I agreed that the Colts did not have a world beater schedule. However, that the schedule they had, given the normal abilities of those opposing teams over time, would be the toughest schedule that the Colts have seen. I can't help that most of the opposing teams did not live up to their billing. Neither did the teams that I mentioned in my previous message. All teams in Florida are going through transitions these days due to many factors.

My team, OTC, has been bashed on this board for years just because we were good. Now they're bashing us because they are not so good. You can't win. There are folks out there that just can't believe that a team can consistently win like Trenton. I just ignore it and move on.

Last edited:
Didn't mean to jump all over you. Just get a little tired of people taking issue with everything I say on this board . Only the ridiculous and short sighted things get hammered.

My team, OTC, has been bashed on this board for years just because we were good. No, they were bashed because they were assembled all star teams. And you supported them unabashedly, with no regard to the recruitment and selfish acts of transferring players. Now they're bashing us because they are not so good. Nope, they are getting bashed now because of YOUR statements about the kids that transferred. You can't have it both ways. You can't win. Evidently you can't win if you don't recruit all the talent in Marion Co. [\QUOTE]

Reactions: Neutral 0bserver
North Marion won 74-6 last night.. Geesh

You know Peezy, Lake Weir is not that bad of a team. It's just that North Marion is a loaded team that has a chance to go all the way this season. Probably the first Colts team that realistically has had a chance at Orlando. Actually, Lake Weir has some athletes and should never have been defeated that badly.

Speaking of " loud and obnoxious ", welcome back Drummer. You like the abuse, don't you ?
I like to stir you up, annoy and tease... I love Florida Schools I kiss the ground that Florida schools walk on and I think Jersey and Bosco especially are 5th rate trash and should not be allowed on the same field as the Florida schools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT