ADVERTISEMENT

First Round Synopsis

181pl

Aug 24, 2006
Tampa
8A-
8A had by the far the most notable night in the playoffs in terms of upsets. #1 Apopka goes down to Timber Creek in a shocker; Although not an upset, Manatee dominated by a very good Dr. P team;
Osceola upset by Treasure Coast.

8A is in shambles, but still has Dr P, Seminole, Flanagan, Southridge, Columbus, and Coral Gables

7A-
Most of the major players had easy games. Plant (59-6), Lakeland (43-20), Viera (41-0), Venice (56-0), Dwyer (39-0), STA (35-0). Game of the night was St. Pete at Tech. Heart breaker for St. Pete, losing 48-45 in multiple OTs.

6A-
I'm psyched for the Clearwater Tornadoes. Their undefeated season gets to go on for another week. Big challenge for them playing Charlotte on the road. Pulling for CLW, but Charlotte has to be the favorite.

No major upsets. A few mild upsets in the North, but the major players all won: Carol City, Northwestern, Armwood, Mainland, Vanguard, Naples, Charlotte, and Lake Gibson.

5A-
No major upsets. All big players still alive; Wakulla, Baker, Jesuit, Bishop Moore, American Heritage

4A-
Cocoa, Booker T., South Sumter, Bolles, and Raines all rolled. Business as usual. Very top heavy class.

3A-
Looks like Trinity Christian and Oxbridge are on a collision course for the title game. But Tampa Catholic and Clearwater Central Catholic may have a slight punchers chance against Trinity Christian in the North and same for Chaminade Madonna in the South against Oxbridge.

2A-
Looks like Cambridge Christian and the NFC v University Christian are on a clear path to face each other in the Final. Cambridge has to overcome a tough local rival, Northside Christian, next week.

A-
Most of the big boys are in the South bracket. Madison plays Fort White and Trenton plays Pahokee. The winners of those games will square off in what is likely the defacto Final, although the winner of that group still has to play the North winner, which is also wide open out of group including West Gadsden, Baker, Blountstown. This is a super-competitive class.

8A-
8A had by the far the most notable night in the playoffs in terms of upsets. #1 Apopka goes down to Timber Creek in a shocker; Although not an upset, Manatee dominated by a very good Dr. P team;
Osceola upset by Treasure Coast.

8A is in shambles, but still has Dr P, Seminole, Flanagan, Southridge, Columbus, and Coral Gables

7A-
Most of the major players had easy games. Plant (59-6), Lakeland (43-20), Viera (41-0), Venice (56-0), Dwyer (39-0), STA (35-0). Game of the night was St. Pete at Tech. Heart breaker for St. Pete, losing 48-45 in multiple OTs.

6A-
I'm psyched for the Clearwater Tornadoes. Their undefeated season gets to go on for another week. Big challenge for them playing Charlotte on the road. Pulling for CLW, but Charlotte has to be the favorite.

No major upsets. A few mild upsets in the North, but the major players all won: Carol City, Northwestern, Armwood, Mainland, Vanguard, Naples, Charlotte, and Lake Gibson.

5A-
No major upsets. All big players still alive; Wakulla, Baker, Jesuit, Bishop Moore, American Heritage

4A-
Cocoa, Booker T., South Sumter, Bolles, and Raines all rolled. Business as usual. Very top heavy class.

3A-
Looks like Trinity Christian and Oxbridge are on a collision course for the title game. But Tampa Catholic and Clearwater Central Catholic may have a slight punchers chance against Trinity Christian in the North and same for Chaminade Madonna in the South against Oxbridge.

2A-
Looks like Cambridge Christian and the NFC v University Christian are on a clear path to face each other in the Final. Cambridge has to overcome a tough local rival, Northside Christian, next week.

A-
Most of the big boys are in the South bracket. Madison plays Fort White and Trenton plays Pahokee. The winners of those games will square off in what is likely the defacto Final, although the winner of that group still has to play the North winner, which is also wide open out of group including West Gadsden, Baker, Blountstown. This is a super-competitive class.
Nice recap 181, thanks

Reactions: 181pl
I've been doing a little research and chatting with Peezy; Clearwater is a pretty good looking team. I like their Defense. I heard their WR took a good shot last night, hope he plays and both teams are at full strength for a slugfest. Clearwater has scored 398 points this season, The Tarpons 401.

Last edited:
Reactions: 181pl
I've been doing a little research and chatting with Peezy; Clearwater is a pretty good looking team. I like their Defense. I heard their WR took a good shot last night, hope he plays and both teams are at full strength for a slugfest. Clearwater has scored 398 points this season, The Tarpons 401.

The WR that took a shot was #6 Demeter not #5 Tennessee commit Jones... But either way 6 is okay it happened late in the game so he didn't go back in. They are as healthy as they have been in the last 2 years.

So looks like Apopka lost which is a shocker but Buckhorn has shown he knows how to beat Apopka.

I know I heard a lot of talk from Hardee folk about having to go up against the bigger public and private schools in 5A but they ended up losing to a rural country team like themselves...

Charlotte will remain undefeated after this Friday. Clearwater is a great team but Charlotte has too many weapons to deal with offensively. I think it will be a good game
Braden River vs Venice is going to be one of the best games this week. I think this is Venice's year to make a long run but it is very hard to beat a team twice. Braden River did it last year to Venice so I think this year it is Venice's turn.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT