ADVERTISEMENT

Fla Varsity High School Football Talk

FlaVarsity.com

Gold Member
Apr 28, 2022
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football and sports now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Olympia offensive tackle Parker Moss
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been doing private training in the morning with weights and conditioning and then I will go to football and work out with the team.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Just my toughness and my strength. Coming in as a freshman, I didn’t know what to expect but now I do and I have just been working on getting stronger.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like we have a really solid team, we just have to come together and believe we can be good and I think we can be the team at the top of the district.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Definitely APK, they are always a solid team and are always up there for states. District-wise I feel like Ocoee is going to be very good this year with all those kids they got they will for sure be the team to beat.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Definitely Jordan Castell or Chris Ficka from West Orange, they have a really solid defense this year and I'm excited for that week 9 game.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Ida Baker offensive tackle Frank Hernandez
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“As a team we have been getting in the weight room and working out on the field to fix all of the small issues we had in the past season and to perfect it.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Since football ended, I have improved the most [on] my work ethic. I push hard in the weight room and on the field.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel our team will do pretty well this year, I’m confident in my teammates. I know we will play hard and to the whistle.”

“The toughest team on our schedule this year has to be Lehigh High School.”

“The toughest individual player we will face this year will be Richard Young but I believe that we will push past our limits and play our game to counter him.”

Q&A with Belleview athlete Ernest Flythe
“Workouts and summer camps.”

“Footwork and accuracy.”

“High hopes and even higher expectations.”

“North Marion or Vanguard.”

“We play a lot of good athletes this year, I can’t single out a single one.”

Q&A with The Master's Academy quarterback Brayden Bell
“Our team and I have been working all summer in the weight room and on the field [and] staying after practice to get extra reps.”

“I have improved the most with my mobility. Working on when to get out of the pocket and getting faster.”

“I think our team will do really well, our head coach did really well his first season as a coach and now he has more experience as a coach he’s going to lead us to a lot of wins. As the players we have been working on getting closer so we are on the note and playing full speed.”

“I think Lake Highland will be a good game, it was a tough loss for us last year. They are a really good and smart team. They won states last year so that will definitely be a good game.”

“Lake Highland has some great players. Their quarterback Karson is really good, I have worked with him and he knows how to play so I think he’s going to be a good player this season.”

Q&A with Wiregrass Ranch quarterback Elijah Brown
“Our team has taken it to the next level this offseason. We’ve been going from 7on7 practice early in the morning to lifts and conditioning and now we’re installing our run game too. A lot of our guys love getting extra work outside of practice too, rain or shine.”

“I feel like I personally improved in my throwing form over the offseason. I’ve also been working on my chemistry with the returning skill players both on and off the field.”

“I feel like our team should go 10-0 this season. Our chemistry looks great this season and that takes us a long way. We also have tons of returning players that are going to be dangerous on the field.”

“The Villages and Manatee. The Villages was a battle last year and we’ve never faced Manatee before so we don’t know what to expect. I still expect to go 10-0 this season.”

“There’s so many changes to our competition’s rosters that I’m not sure who the toughest individual is. I think that we have the toughest individual in the state in Bryson Rodgers.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News