ADVERTISEMENT

Venice football - Tis Tis

I think due to the hypocrisy, details and nature of the STA/ Venice string, that thread needs to be reopened so we can find out who the fools of the 2017 year are on this board?

Can we reopen that string due to clear cut relativity, moderator?

The facts are in.

I think due to the hypocrisy, details and nature of the STA/ Venice string, that thread needs to be reopened so we can find out who the fools of the 2017 year are on this board?

Can we reopen that string due to clear cut relativity, moderator?

The facts are in.
Just like on the other forum do a bit of research on said player.

Just like on the other forum do a bit of research on said player.

This is a forum. Just share your own opinions!

I put a lot more than you and my own two cents into this topic the last few months. My statements and opinions are now more concrete than you or any of the SRQ frauds out there.

You guys are the one that started this finger pointing party-

BLOW UP YOUR OWN DAMN BALLOONS!

Last edited:
This is a forum. Just share your own opinions!

I put a lot more than you and my own two cents into this topic the last few months. My statements and opinions are now more concrete than you or any of the SRQ frauds out there.

You guys are the one that started this party-

BLOW UP YOUR OWN DAMN BALOONS!

You cant lump me with anyone as I read through your comments and just brushed them aside.
I don't agree with how some schools operate but I don't much care. I only concern myself with things I can control. Facts are per capita we don't have the kids collectively to match up.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Peacock at least acknowledged he will " learn" from how all of this went down....

mousetrap-cookie-jar-hand-stuck-being-pranked-40010637.jpg

Just an isolated misunderstanding...

Players like Matt "Speedy" Laroche and Christian Van DerVeer just chose to leave Northport with their own will and landed at Venice

You guys are an interesting group.
Both players you named as well as the others have a personal reason for coming to Venice.
I'm sure you realize some kids leave Venice to play elsewhere too.

I'm guessing after years of the same issues Broward its just time the attention is pointed elsewhere. I get it.
As it sits Venice is now the target of many.
Usually if you don't have any enemies your not doing it right.

Reactions: Zoe Boy
You guys are an interesting group.
Both players you named as well as the others have a personal reason for coming to Venice.
I'm sure you realize some kids leave Venice to play elsewhere too.

You better believe it. Just like kids that go to STA may have personal reasons as well.
Also, just like some kids leave STA to play elsewhere as well.

You get it. It some of the fellow SRQ posters in here that choose not to accept these things ....

I'm guessing after years of the same issues Broward its just time the attention is pointed elsewhere. I get it.
As it sits Venice is now the target of many.
Usually if you don't have any enemies your not doing it right.

I don't know the issues over the previous years you are referring to but again I appreciate a 941 guy with some kahunas stepping to the plate, facing the music and joining the thread. You have more fortitude than all of those other finger pointers put together...

TBH if it was not for those clowns, I would not have even commented on this story.
As far as Venice now being the target of many, I think they somewhat brought that on themselves ( besides the winning).
I don't think the SRQ reps in this room helped the cause of being a target either.

This is the second time Venice under Peacock has been fined. Remember when they had to vacate their wins? I also like the Venice mentality that they must be doing it right! Try winning a championship or even getting to a championship game under Peacock, not gonna happen because despite crying about not having the players they get consistently out coached by good teams.

So if you don't win a championship every year your program is garbage? To each his own.
So if Venice had better coaching they would win a championship? I figure you would have to have a mix of a few things. Coaching, players and a bit of luck.

Sorry Broward I can't unlock the thread once it's been done but i m sure they will all show up here eventually.

It looks shady to me.

Heard about this out fishing this weekend. This is how this stuff gets exposed, it happens when someone takes the time to report it. Does this mean the FHSAA is doing their job, or is this more of the war and bad blood between Venice and North Port for the last ten years and it was laid in their lap by an irate AD? Those two programs went at it during the 2000s. Years ago there was some taping of practices that started too early that got sent to the FHSAA, it was covered pretty well in the Herald Tribune. Venice ended up having to forfeit most of a season one year - and I believe it was NP that pulled the trigger.

Now Broward, I'm sure Venice guy will remind you, like you said about STA, kids want to play there. North Port has a hard time keeping coaches, thus a hard time keeping kids. They had like 4 coaches in 6 years, those kids drift to winning programs, and Venice is nearby and their kids know each other fairly well, like Port Charlotte and Charlotte kids do, and there's been movement between these programs.

Last edited:
I have no bone in this, but reading the text messages, my first thought was that the North Port was trying to get dirt on the coach by saying he contacted me.

Just curious, but would this still be illegal under the new "Free Agency" bill next year?

Problem is even if that's true no way to prove it unless the kid flips and snitches on North Port coach

Heard about this out fishing this weekend. This is how this stuff gets exposed, it happens when someone takes the time to report it. Does this mean the FHSAA is doing their job, or is this more of the war and bad blood between Venice and North Port for the last ten years and it was laid in their lap by an irate AD? Those two programs went at it during the 2000s. Years ago there was some taping of practices that started too early that got sent to the FHSAA, it was covered pretty well in the Herald Tribune. Venice ended up having to forfeit most of a season one year - and I believe it was NP that pulled the trigger.

Now Broward, I'm sure Venice guy will remind you, like you said about STA, kids want to play there. North Port has a hard time keeping coaches, thus a hard time keeping kids. They had like 4 coaches in 6 years, those kids drift to winning programs, and Venice is nearby and their kids know each other fairly well, like Port Charlotte and Charlotte kids do, and there's been movement between these programs.
But they were not saying that before... Broward just broke their back.... Lmao!! How's the fishing up their?

I have no bone in this, but reading the text messages, my first thought was that the North Port was trying to get dirt on the coach by saying he contacted me.

Just curious, but would this still be illegal under the new "Free Agency" bill next year?

Problem is even if that's true no way to prove it unless the kid flips and snitches on North Port coach

I had absolutely nothing to do with this :) Neither did STA for that matter....before any conspiracy theories come about.

What I will say is don't be shocked if another violation(s) with Venice is addressed in the future.

Last edited:
So if you don't win a championship every year your program is garbage? To each his own.
So if Venice had better coaching they would win a championship? I figure you would have to have a mix of a few things. Coaching, players and a bit of luck.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I said program was garbage, I said they won't win a championship under current coaching, anyone with equal or better talent can and will beat them in a playoff run. One simple example of this is how Venice adjusts to trips.... they don't. Watch film it's great. Manatee under Kinnan threw like 100 bubbles 2 on 3 with the high safety needing to run a long way to make the play- no adjustment. There are many such examples, they are a very talented always tough team that drinks too much Peacock coolaid. They will continue to be an area threat for years though. If Binky coached the Venice teams over the last 10 years he gets a Championship.

Reactions: Silver King
I had absolutely nothing to do with this :) Neither did STA for that matter....before any conspiracy theories come about.
What I will say is don't be shocked if another violation(s) with Venice is addressed in the future.

Oh do tell, because that's a whale of a (maybe Freudian) preface.

You sure seemed to know an awful lot about Venice for a team STA has historically had little to do with - I mean Ft Myers and Charlotte have played STA a lot more than Venice, yet you seemed to have the 411 on them. You exposed names, family members and such (Which would never have been allowed on here in the past). So go ahead and tell us what you did, you know you want to.

Last edited:
But they were not saying that before... Broward just broke their back.... Lmao!! How's the fishing up their?

Zoe best fishing in the state over here.

Yeah, neither of them were saying much that has;t been gone over a thousands times on here. That argument should have ended before Christmas. Looks bad for Venice, but with that said, its a 3-week suspension and really changes nothing about STA. Now maybe throwing rocks around glass houses wasn't the best strategy for the Green side.

You sure seemed to know an awful lot about Venice for a team STA has historically had little to do with - I mean Ft Myers and Charlotte have played STA a lot more than Venice, yet you seemed to have the 411 on them. You exposed names, family members and such (Which would never have been allowed on here in the past). So go ahead and tell us what you did, you know you want to.

You voted for change and you got it (just kidding SK).

Tell the names and family members that I "exposed".

You're the individual using the term "exposed" - not me.
Define "exposed" relative to the matter.

Guilty conscience?

This has been going on since North Port High School opened. Venice has always stole their players, it's nothing new. Everyone knew about this in that particular area but known it is made known to all. North Port football is awful so most players that are decent go to Venice. Peacock is a great coach that gets the most out of his players but he got caught on this one.

This has been going on since North Port High School opened. Venice has always stole their players, it's nothing new. Everyone knew about this in that particular area but known it is made known to all. North Port football is awful so most players that are decent go to Venice. Peacock is a great coach that gets the most out of his players but he got caught on this one.

Why do most kids in that area from schools like Northport wait until their Junior and usually Senior years to transfer to Venice?

Why do most kids in that area from schools like Northport wait until their Junior and usually Senior years to transfer to Venice?
I suspect many don't wait but start Venice in 9th grade even though they may live in North Port. However, it is the higher impact players transferring later in their high school years that cause most of the issues.

Last year, North Port's freshman football team went undefeated 8-0. They had 2 very good RBs that will be probably be at Venice, Port Charlotte, or Charlotte High School by the time they are juniors.

Last year, North Port's freshman football team went undefeated 8-0. They had 2 very good RBs that will be probably be at Venice, Port Charlotte, or Charlotte High School by the time they are juniors.
NP freshman did not go undefeated they lost their last game of the season. But you are right those talented group of freshman will be broke up and divided among those three schools for sure before they graduate

The best players want to play for the best schools. NP has a high turnover when it comes to head coaches and hasn't had a winning season since the school started. If NP were able to keep their players and get a good head coach, they would be a pretty good team. But we all know "recruiting" is definitely taking place in high school football.

I just read the article. So Peacock didn't actually text their player right? or am I reading this wrong? It starts by a North Port kid asking a Venice kid to have Peacock call him??? Am I missing something here?

I just read the article. So Peacock didn't actually text their player right? or am I reading this wrong? It starts by a North Port kid asking a Venice kid to have Peacock call him??? Am I missing something here?

o_O....You're kidding, right?

Would that make it okay then?

Either way...Welcome back!

Long time...So much to catch on, don't ya think?
Now the last time we exchanged on here, where were we?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT