ADVERTISEMENT

Venice football - Tis Tis

Ok you're mad at Venice for talking bad about STA I get it but just because someone was mad and acted out of character doesn't make you right. STA has been a power house program and they're private...I wonder if there is any correlation between power house programs around the country and them being private schools...I'm willing to bet my three figure bank account that there is...I just want these kids to have a fair chance to compete. Venice had probably drank the Kool Aid thinking that they'd be able to compete with STA and after they got absolutely demolished some lady had some choice words for a private school who had just torn apart her beloved Indians. Was it her proudest moment? No, I'm sure she was embarrassed but how about you leave the lady alone and quit acting like you've never made a mistake.

You really know your stuff....I suggest you sign up for the National Board and share your thoughts about private schools. Talk about the "high" cost of STA and such...If STA was public , they would beat 2016 Venice as would probably many other publics in SFL alone. You obviously have seen a lot of high caliber football though when you think a team like 2016 Venice should have an opportunity at winning a 7 A State Championship. Brilliant.

I agree Venice loses to a number of teams in Florida I'm not disagreeing but Venice didn't do any worse than the other teams STA ran through in the playoffs and the state championship. I've heard people brag about playing high caliber football but I'm No sure I've heard anyone brag about watching higher caliber football being played... that's quite the accomplishment. Would STA be the team it is today if it had been a public school all along? How many wins would they have striped from them had they been a public school?

The Bellamy "knee down" not "down" is still a knife in Venice still talked about.

Ha ha, that wasn't Bellamy, that was Troy McClary - My youngest went up and caught the long 3rd down pass from Midgett getting us into the red zone - three Indian defenders were around him and one kid swiped at it and just missed. Bellamy got stuffed the next play then ran a 12-yard trap that got the score close. Our D stopped Trey and then the 85-yard punt return happened. But Trey still had almost two minutes, so we give a lot of credit to our D for that win. To be fair you thumped us with Dri earlier and he didn't play.

Now we also have a few we talk about in Punta Gorda too like ref mistakes on field goals the year we played that epic when you won the state title, or the clock mistake on that INT that allowed you to kick one. That stuff is gonna happen when you been playing each other for 80 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Football941
Housing student athletes. Hmm. That's what the state called it when a senior to be that was born and raised in Venice got in a fist fight with his moms boyfriend and the cops asked if one of them could go somewhere or they would be going to jail. So mom called the coach and asked if her son could stay there until things settled down. That is what the state called housing of student athletes. Ask Peacock. Garuntee he would do it again. Falsifying address pretty sure that was on the kid. But, either way that all came from North Port turning them in. Funny they had a 8 month investigation and that's what they found. They never found any recruiting by Venice.

Would Peacock allow any of his students come stay with him who were non football players? That's what makes it an non-permissible benefit. It's something a kid gets because he is a football player like a place to live. I have had the same thing happen several times and got with admin and we found a safe place for the student that was permissible.

No, I'm sure she was embarrassed but how about you leave the lady alone and quit acting like you've never made a mistake.

She didn't make a mistake.

She's a total and utter disgrace.

To be yelled at by that woman from that school on that topic is disgraceful.

And all of the Venice apologists in particular and their west coast enablers in general not having the fortitude to say that publicly is embarrassing.

I've seen a lot of soft weasel words being used to describe this woman and her actions. It's time for some truth, instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT