ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 42 Manatee 7 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
It was 35-0 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd QT, and a running clock the 2nd half. This one look every bit as bad as the game in Alabama except that the offense for this one was non existent. TWC249 your relative at the DC position is toast and if Booth doesn't do something about it...........he should be toast as well. There is no foundation to build on after 3 years of Booth as the HBC, as the freshman and JV teams once again are stinking it up big time as well. Booth's transfers just arent going to do it for him. Reminds me of back to the days of Tommy Plaster when he was the HBC at Manatee..........Great guy but horrible leader as a HBC of a football program.

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Sweet Baby Jesus...

Armwood should be rethinking life right now too.

Yeah... this thread should be interesting this week....

I think the Manatee fans (outside of Gatorman who provides a little less emotional assessment) have a tendency to over inflate their team sometimes. I mean how many times over the years have you seen "fastest team," "best skills," "best team" ever posts. And most of us are homers, or connected to certain programs and we understand that.

Peezy, Venice is a pretty damn good program year in and year out. Rather than think Armwood should reassess, maybe you ought to give them some love.

Reactions: peezy28
Manatee has no shot in 8A but Venice has the slightest of chances in 7A. I think a Venice STA game is much closer than an Apopka Manatee game.

Apopka is the better program with the better coach and has actually won something, thats why. Dr P is good when they can physically dominate opponents. That edge usually dissipates the farther you get in the playoffs.

Braden River had a lot of the right pieces along with an incredible collection of big and physical players on its lines last year. Braden River last year was able to match up with STA in as far as its interior lines, I dont feel Venice could do that nor do that have a collection of athletes to match up with STA.

I said before the season started that I could see Manatee with an 9-1 or 8-2 year with a 2nd or 3rd round exit from the playoffs.......I'll stay with that forecast. My brother who played for Joe during the 83 and 84 seasons, was livid this morning at Booths comments after the game and used a few expletives.....on what he thought about Booth and his staff, as well as Booth deferring much of the blame for the Hurricane poor performance on his players........I can only describe it as classic Marine Corps language.

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: Silver King
I think the Manatee fans (outside of Gatorman who provides a little less emotional assessment) have a tendency to over inflate their team sometimes. I mean how many times over the years have you seen "fastest team," "best skills," "best team" ever posts. And most of us are homers, or connected to certain programs and we understand that.

Peezy, Venice is a pretty damn good program year in and year out. Rather than think Armwood should reassess, maybe you ought to give them some love.

Nah,

Don't get me wrong I know Venice is good really good they did beat Plant which is either 1 or 2 in the Tampa Bay Area to Armwood but it was way closer than 42-7. Armwood plays Plant in 2 weeks we shall see then.

Apopka is the better program with the better coach and has actually won something, thats why. Dr P is good when they can physically dominate opponents. That edge usually dissipates the farther you get in the playoffs.
Agree

I think the Manatee fans (outside of Gatorman who provides a little less emotional assessment) have a tendency to over inflate their team sometimes.
Quite a few Manatee fans have taken our boy Gatorman001 to task over the years for refusing to swallow his Kool-Aid and ack like a true Hurricane fan. Many Manatee supporters are very reasonable people, but the guy we all need to worry about is the "noticeably absent" twc2499 - the dude's blood pressure has undoubtedly eclipsed 240 after last night.

At this point, here are the three most-pressing questions surrounding the program:

1. Would it be legal for Manatee to find and sign even more transfers this coming week?
2. Would it be legal for existing transfers to decide they f'ed up and go back where they came from?
3. Is there a swimming pool in Bradenton large enough for twc2499 to mix-up more Kool-Aid?

Kids recruit each other and it will really get interesting next season when kids can play where ever they want with the new ruling! Coach Booth and his staff has made this program a place where parents want their kids to play, and kids themselves want to come play ... I see Manatee completing this year for a state title by the end of the year! Offensive line will be probably not the biggest in resent years, but probably the physically strongest they have had in a while ... This will be by far the most talented gathering of skill kids they have had in awhile!! Everyone is excited! This team will be flying under the radar early in class 8A!
twc2499: "Where the mo' fuggin delete button at?"

Say whatever you want, but you'll have to admit,
the dude was right as rain on the last sentence!

Well it wasn't the Manatee of old that's for sure. Not sure if Venice is good or Mantee is just bad. In my opinion the two best teams in the area are Charlotte and Braden River. I agree Venice doesn't have the athletes to match up with STA or probably even Braden River. Heck from what I am hearing they might not have them to match up with Sarasota this year. Anyway I'm sure it's good relief to the boys and Venice and I really hope Manatee can turn this year around.

941 football. I think Venice is very talented. QB is unreal. WR is big time, TE is fantastic, RB is lights out, offensive line is tough and physical and they have the #1 kicker in the country. The best move in Venice program was a certain fella deciding to transfer with his crazy &$$ mom. I suggest you keep your negative comments to yourself before you are exposed.

What was I being negative about? Why are you so mad keepingitreal? Exposed? Just because I don't believe Venice has better athletes doesn't mean that's negative. Just an honest opinion. The addition of that certain fella definetley helps that secondary of theirs. And yes I was kidding about Sarasota , even though I believe Sarasota is much improved this year. Venice beat a Camden County team with 0 wins and a Manatee team with ugly win against Palmetto. So yes who knows how good Venice actually is?

That's my point ^^

Manatee would have to beat DP and Osceola in order to play Apopka.

If you guys actually think Dr. Phillips, Osceola or Apopka have any prayer against Manatee this season, you forgetting what twc2499 (who privy to "inside information") explained earlier:
Everyone is excited! This team will be flying under the radar early in class 8A!
If the plan is to "fly under the radar early in 8-A", what better way to do it than get your ___ waxed by Venice 42-7? Nomsayin? It's all part of the plan! ;)

Manatee is under-achieving at this point and the program is on a downhill spiral. They look sloppy on both sides of the ball and playing on Monday doesn't help either. Manatee will still win their district.This is a typical Venice team, disciplined and hard-nosed. Venice doesn't have enough speed in the skill spots to match up with a STA. Sarasota is going to get clobbered by Venice. I don't think Sarasota will beat Palmetto this week, or Venice, or Braden River, or Jesuit, or Riverview. That's 5 losses right there. Venice will go 9-0 or 8-1 this year (regular season) depending on the outcome of the Braden River game.

They gave up 78 points in the first game. Only score 14 in the past 2 games. The freshman team loses every game last year, and the JV is terrible this year. They are in deep water after this season. That's not the Manatee program that I'm used to.

They gave up 78 points in the first game. Only score 14 in the past 2 games. The freshman team loses every game last year, and the JV is terrible this year. They are in deep water after this season. That's not the Manatee program that I'm used to.

The freshman haven't won a game in 3 years, the program is in serious trouble. Unless of course TWC249 wants to come and tell us about Booth's expanded strategy for raiding IMG of its top recruits and/or transfers next year? According to him the Manatee DC coordinator is great, and the Manatee HS football program is in even better shape than that!

Go Canes Go!

I will let Neutral come up with the clever wording and I will just keep it straight and say no one has ever been called a Great DC and given up 78 points in 1 game...

Serious report tweeted out of Bradenton:

"They say (name deleted for privacy reasons) has been so depressed after Friday night's 42-7 thrashing by Venice that he stopped posting on his favorite football message board, plus discontinued all auto-erotic activity.

In today's football world we are so quick to blame coaches for this coaches for that- its coaching coaching coaching- most people crying about coaching couldnt draw up a base front with a 2 shell behind it and explain basic assignments or vice versa offensively but they are quick to talk about coaching. When Manatee was winning big and rolling everyone they at one point had 4 DL 3 D1 kids and one that went D2 bc of height but certainly was a D1 kid. They had kids in the secondary LBs that could run with anyone. OL a few years ago every kid on that OL went to college- you had RBs that went to Mizzou/Auburn/ WKU. A QB that was offered by MISS ST that is now playing MLB.
Now today Manatee sits at 1-2 and people are blasting them. Where are those kids today? AJ not D1- Booker idk how D-1. None of the trench guys (where the game is won) are D-1. WIth that being said MHS will still be district champs and make a 2nd round run or deeper- My question is what is wrong with that- you arent gonna be nationally ranked every year. Palmetto wasnt a bad team a few years ago and made a 2nd round run but lost to MHS 62-0. That score wasnt indicative of who PHS was. Games can get away from you sometimes. So I think the over reaction by MHS people and even non MHS people is a little crazy. If you are district champs and win 8-10 games that is an excellent accomplishment. Venice may turn out to be state championship material... Let the season play out and reserve judgement.. And if you can do a better job or know a better way why dont you take YOUR TIME go out there and help change it rather than gripe before even one district game has been played.

The reaction is warranted when your a perennial power and you get beated by anyone (or give up as much points as they did that one game) 42-7.

The reaction is based on the perception of the program... If this was Southeast no one would say anything because they are on hard times... Its this was Southeast 20 years ago people would be up in arms as they were a perrenial power and that shouldn't happen...

People think Manatee should never lose games 42-7... YOu should be proud of that reputation. I know when Leto or Dunedin (both Falcons Ironically) loses 42-7 no one bats an eye... As a matter of fact they say "Well relatively speaking they kept it close and scored a TD).....

Venice not they good, they loss to El Camino Real 2 weeks ago. None ya teams be as good as the Tarbabes strait outta Compton. We rollin, putting half a hundy up. Fl not near as good as Cali.

Venice not they good, they loss to El Camino Real 2 weeks ago. None ya teams be as good as the Tarbabes strait outta Compton. We rollin, putting half a hundy up. Fl not near as good as Cali.

:rolleyes:

That's a weak first post. Ask IMG about beating the best team hands down in Cali.

IMG stop that with that shiz, they be like a small college program but can buy all best playas around. How they looking now? Come play some of Cali's best so they can tote an azz whuupin on ya. Weak? bring yo azz to Compton and bing yo bust on. I maybe buy you a taco when its over if u can eat it

Now I know what the Mommas and Poppas meant by California Dreaming. Take that weak ass shit back to the left coast.

OK numb nuts, let me explain a few things. First this board is the place where over stimulated fans of other states come to boast about their state. Why do you come here? You come here to plead your weak ass cases on the alter of Florida football, because you already know Florida is the best state or you wouldn't be trolling here with that Pac 12 nonsense (I thought you were joking at first), and now this.

Now please do not make me run out the statistics of everything from Pop Warner to High School to College National Titles to show you how far ahead Florida is than the next couple of states; Texas and your "We're so cool" state - stick to what you do best, movies like "Bring it on!" And that doesn't even take into consideration Texas and Cali almost twice the size of Florida with substantially more high schools students than Florida. Yet that's all you all can muster the silver and bronze.

You can't be serious, you're not a morp from Jersey or my old buddy who I moped the floor with on a regular basis;Texas Linebacker (who had to change his name to #1 Texas Fan to sneak back), are you?

... OK numb nuts, let me explain a few things ...
Folks, things gettin VERY serious when SK talk like this.

Listen up SK, don't let anything to do wiff fools on this message board interupp your preparations for the Turkey Bowl. Nu'Trelle know you usually start practicin your routes round mid-September. Know you gots a string of consecutive years with at lease one TD. What it up to now? 51? 52?

They double teamed SK last year and kept him out of the endzone, but his pass cacthing streak is still good, dates back to 1967.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT