ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview 21 Manatee 14 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Didn't go to the game tonight, primarily because I was pretty sure of this out come. Was interesting after the game to hear the radio guys lament over how Manatee blew scoring opportunities, the poor tackling by the defense, the poor time clock management etc....... I thought to myself......well who ultimately is responsible for that?.......

Manatee was down 14-0 at half and 21-0 about midway point of the 3rd QT, and ended the game with a completed pass to the Riverview 1 yard line as time expired losing 21-14. So Manatee wont see the top spot in the FHSAA region rankings this coming week......probably slips to #2. They face Palmetto this coming week for the district championship. I rate the game a toss up at this point..........fortunately for Manatee it has a currently 0-8 Southeast team on its schedule for its last game of the year, which would help secure for the HBC a .500 cumulative 3 year coaching record at Manatee should Manatee lose to Palmetto next week. Wont do much for its strength of schedule ranking however and is why I still see it as a possibility Manatee possibly slip to #3 in the region rankings by the end of the season.

Congrats to the Sailors by the way, for winning its 1st game of the year!

Reactions: MarkECannon
Thanks for pointing out Sarasota’s first victory of the season by defeating the Southeast Seminoles. I’m taking my victory lap by wearing my Sailors shirt today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT