ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 42 Manatee 14 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Wasn't really the beat down I was expecting..Manatee made alot of mistakes that put Venice in very good scoring positions....Peacock had his starters out there into the 4th QT and ended up losing a starting OL to what look like a pretty bad leg injury. I realize Venice really had nothing to play for, but I wasn't really impressed with Venice and wouldn't be surprised to see them lose to Braden River when they meet in the playoffs. Carpenter was the only running game Venice had, and the Carpenter to Heiligh pass connection was all I saw offensively from Venice.

Go Canes Go!

Sounds like your Canes did well under the circumstances. Next year, Manatee has a shot at being very good if all the pieces stay intact.

Not ready to say very good, but should be far better than the product they put out this year!

Go Canes Go!

Carpenter and Heiligh accounted for 66% of the Venice offense against Manatee, I didn't see another guy on Venice I deemed a offensive threat. Manatee was able to keep the Venice rushing attack in check other than Carpenter's 114 yards on 9 carries. Venice doesn't present as imposing of a threat offensively as they did last year, Manatee shot themselves in the foot a number of times, and despite all that Peacock still had his starters in the game going into the 4 QT, against a not very good Manatee team. This wasn't a beat down kind of game, by my standards........in fact I saw several positives for Manatee despite the score.

Go Canes Go!

The starters have to play at some point. This being the 6th running clock this year.
If you cant stop the pass why go away from something that works until they stop it.

I'm guessing you were more impressed with Laroche last year running the ball. He accounted for most of the offense. This year they like to pass more.

I'm guessing you were more impressed with Laroche last year running the ball. He accounted for most of the offense. This year they like to pass more.

Is Larouche playing in college somewhere? If not, what is he doing? He impressed me in the game against Braden River last year.

Reactions: peezy28
Laroche has not taken the field yet so gatorman is correct on the Red Shirt. Looking forward to seeing what he can do in college.

Venice did have the offensive starters in at the start of the 4th quarter but it was clear that they slowed the offense down and was only running the ball. The defensive starters were clearly out, so don't say they kept the starters in. They let you score the last TD and double your offensive output in one play.

If you're waiting on gatorman001 to become gracious in defeat, better have a lot of spare time on your hands :cool:

I remember when Neutral used to do the humorous post routine, really well
comic1.jpg

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: peezy28
If you're waiting on gatorman001 to become gracious in defeat, better have a lot of spare time on your hands :cool:

Not that much spare time I suppose. But in all fairness not really sure what Gatorman001 was expecting from the game. Manatee is down, Venice throws the ball a lot. That's about it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT