ADVERTISEMENT

UCF and the Lane Train?

gatorman-uf

Jul 28, 2006
Come on, right... UCF hires Lane Kiffin, he continues UCF's on-field success for maybe 2 years, takes the LSU or Tennessee job that will open again in 2 years and he gets to battle against Saban again.

On a note: I am basing this on absolutely nothing.

I liked the idea too. UCF had a great season, has the pieces in place and would be a great job for Kiffin. Hadn;t thought about the 2 years down the road but it makes sense.

Come on, right... UCF hires Lane Kiffin, he continues UCF's on-field success for maybe 2 years, takes the LSU or Tennessee job that will open again in 2 years and he gets to battle against Saban again.

On a note: I am basing this on absolutely nothing.
Wrong coach for UCF. Hope they don't do something like this.

I know I am not a UCF guy, but I don't think Kiffin is to much out of the realm of what UCF wants. A guy who is going to tweak the nose of the "power 5" conferences (their helmets references power 6), somebody who is going to put a fun offense on the field, some who is willing to be brash and not care, what people really think. He is going to be fun and irreverent towards the big boys, but also realize what he has (FAU wants Bama, no boys we aren't ready).

Don't get me wrong, I have had my ups and downs with Lane... I thought his firing at Oakland was ridiculous, I thought all of his antics at Tennessee were as well. I thought being fired on the tarmac after a loss was wrong (despite never living up to the billing), I thought he matured a little working with Saban, and I think it was a good hire for a team like FAU.

As for Sumlin, I am surprised he isn't on Tennessee's list.

No, leave that "Sh*t Show" at FAU. We don't need a twitter coach, or a glory hound. I bet he doesn't see UCF as a step up from FAU anyway.

#nolanekiffin

Reactions: xcat1969
No, leave that "Sh*t Show" at FAU. We don't need a twitter coach, or a glory hound. I bet he doesn't see UCF as a step up from FAU anyway.

#nolanekiffin
Way to keep it real Billy. Not a hater, but FAU to UCF isn't a big vertical leap just yet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT