ADVERTISEMENT

Still don't know who to pull for tomorrow night...

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Two SW Fl kids in secondary for Clemson and that beast from Yulee running the ball for Bama. Every time SK see one of those fluff pieces, he falls for that team. Two of SKs favorite college coaches. I'll try and decide by 2pm tomorrow when the POY voting ends.

My family, who are Canes and Dolphin fans, hate Saban because of the way he left Miami. You don't feel the same?

I'm rooting for Bama and the SEC.

Saban/Satan leaving didn't do anything for the Canes, more likely helped them recruiting because STA, with all the Dolphin player's kids, wouldn't let Satan (Bama) on campus to recruit for a couple years after he dumped the Dolfs.

That doesn't bother me, he reminded me of The Old Ball Coach; the Pros didn't match his style and was a lot tougher arena to coach in. Plus, he just got out while the getting was good, the Dolphins front office is what has been broken since their last trip to the Super Bowl; you have Danny Marino and never got him a decent defense and a great running back, one more time in all those years? This guy from the Bears doesn't thrill me - yeah he may help Tannerhill, but they need some serious defensive work.

Saban/Satan leaving didn't do anything for the Canes, more likely helped them recruiting because STA, with all the Dolphin player's kids, wouldn't let Satan (Bama) on campus to recruit for a couple years after he dumped the Dolfs.

Holy crap, seriously? Is that really the way things work down there?

I'm Switzerland on this one my friend, just want a good game. Still waiting for NCAA to put D I in a 16 game playoff like everyone else.

Slow ur roll Big Balla! yes Shorten Season a game or two, start earlier, and can even can extend final game, semis, i think FCS final just played last week? i guess to give them time for finals.

i was referring to the other divisions under NCAA, FCS, D II, D III. but regardless of number, I would go Conference champs and even it out with At Large.

Four power conferences of 16 teams. That would put 64 teams in FBS for football. They must play only other power conference teams, no FCS or D2. Conference winner and runner up go to the playoffs. They don't necessarily need divisions in the conference. It could be the first place and second place teams like in basketball. An 8-team playoff would take only 3 weeks.

All the other teams move to FCS but have the same scholarships as FBS and the FBS playoffs revenue will help support FCS teams. There are way too many teams FBS teams and it's growing every day.

That was the first time in a few NCs a good game. Glad to see Bama win it though but was heartbroken for Clemson to. It was an overall good game!!!

Four power conferences of 16 teams. That would put 64 teams in FBS for football. They must play only other power conference teams, no FCS or D2. Conference winner and runner up go to the playoffs. They don't necessarily need divisions in the conference. It could be the first place and second place teams like in basketball. An 8-team playoff would take only 3 weeks.

All the other teams move to FCS but have the same scholarships as FBS and the FBS playoffs revenue will help support FCS teams. There are way too many teams FBS teams and it's growing every day.
And how many conference games is a school required to play?

If they play 12 games, 9 should be from their own conference. However, it wouldn't really matter if they were playing Power Conference teams every game.

because there is no difference in playing Alabama or Purdue as long as it's a power conference team.;)

Look at where all the Florida prep players go. They are all over the country. However, if the NCAA moves to my proposed plan, the best will be on the Power Conference teams, no matter if the team is the best or the worst. The same will happen with quality players from every state. Every power conference will be better than before.

Adding more teams to D-1 has depleted the talent on each team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT