ADVERTISEMENT

SEC playing for 9th National Title in 10 Years

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
SK will probably be pulling for the ACC; Clemson next week. But, SK has always been fond of the SEC (Particularly Bama and the Dogs) dating back to his college days when Oklahoma, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Ohio State were top dogs and he was stuck in the midwest without a decent team to pull for in FL.

SK had some pretty good goes with FSU fans their title year who were saying the SEC was done. SK heard about the SEC's Bowl Game records and folks phoo phooing him suggesting teams used to playing for a National Title have a hard time getting up for a concession Bowl game.

Now Jimbo did a pretty darn good coaching job with what he had to work with this year, but as Bob Dylan sang, "How does it feel?" How many times did those game callers say the favored Noles were simply out coached yesterday? After the last two years that team felt that game was beneath them, it happens.

That 7 year lock on producing consecutive National Champions by the SEC looks pretty impressive in retrospect. The ACC held the mountain one year; the Big 10 one year, and the SEC is baaaaack playing for the title for the 9th time in 10 years.

And you PAC 12 fans, SK can't even bring his self to comment on your misery. But give it a couple months, you'll have three teams ranked like the 2nd coming again.

I only cheer for Bama once a year. It's when they are representing the SEC in the championship. Can't wait for next Monday!

I only cheer for Bama once a year. It's when they are representing the SEC in the championship. Can't wait for next Monday!
Cant stand the tide or the vols, but as far as the championship game on the 11th..........Go SEC.......Roll Tide Roll!

Go Canes Go!

I pull for Alabama as well... Because of the SEC thing... and if Florida doesn't win I root for Bama. Alabama ironically represents the state of FL very well. How many of our guys go there now?

Reactions: Silver King
I am a fan of FSU so I don't root for my conference just FSU... I will slightly pull for Clemson but only because of Artavis Scott a kid I watched grow up and I am close to his family... Other than that I could care less just hope to see a good game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT