ADVERTISEMENT

So...nobody's going to bring it up?

"While the 2006 national championship team was recognized on the field on Saturday during the Missouri game, an ugly cloud hung over the player who once promised he'd lead the Gators to a national title."

Why they gotta bring Timmy up?

I was just about to ask they must have went with the "trend" and went spread...

Is this the change that comes with a new HC or old school coach trying to change it up?

The old school coach who knows all about all old school style trying to play new style. I am for old school style as many of the folks here, run first, but the way they are trying to use this pistol/spread in my honest opinion opinion just isn't working. It doesn't look right. It looks like a hybrid, its like he wants to stay with the old but try to go with the new. It doesn't work. I've done my own research on why the pistol/spread was created. If utilized corrected it puts more emphasis on more players than just the RBs. This forces the defense to work harder. This is why we are seeing more talent in college these days than ever and why even the smaller colleges are doing well. This is why the talent pool erupted sometime back. Theres just not enough college for the talent to go around so many players end up going to smaller colleges these days.

Maybe next year they will go back to old school. I don't know. If your going to run the pistol/spread then run it. Don't a hybrid of it, run it 100%. But you best have a QB who has an arm and eye to run it. Unless you have that QB its worthless. Right now they don't have that QB and they know they don't. They do have somebody that could have been a really good QB but o'well it is what it is. Things happened that was not in anybody's control. I'd wish it turned out differently. That is all I'm saying.

Anyway, if they decide not to stay with this system go back with the veer which took them to the regional or go back to the bread and butter the power I. The only problem I feel with the Power I is that you need a FULLBACK, a power fullback, not some 170lb fullback. I am talking in the likes that they use to have, 240lb fullbacks...

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT