ADVERTISEMENT

So...nobody's going to bring it up?

I think there are a lot of Gators who are greatly insulted. One bad seed doesn't make everyone bad.

No but combine him with Aaron hernandez and you got Dahmer..... Just kidding innocent until proven guilty

And thank you to both Florida and FSU for making people forget Miami's old nickname and reputation as well as the public forgot about Bill Clinton's serial abuse of woman in lieu of the Donald's "locker room" recording.

mYSTERIOUSLY yOU bROUGHT uS tHIS tHREAD aND sTILL nO oNE eLSE hAS bROUGHT iT uP aN tHEY aIN'T iS tALKING bOUT IT eITHER. wHAT nOW?

Give them a lot credit for making positive changes. The Meyer era at UF was horrible for arrests and future convictions. But, a lot of college programs have the same issues.

What does Leak's attempted-happy-ending purchase in Orlando have to do with his playing at Florida? He is also a vegetarian...does that mean you need to lock up yo' womens around leaf eaters?

...also a finalist for the Draddy Trophy (Academic Heisman)...so watch out for smart dudes with a lean towards Luther Vandross songs and mood lighting...

Give them a lot credit for making positive changes. The Meyer era at UF was horrible for arrests and future convictions. But, a lot of college programs have the same issues.
I just don't know many schools/coaches that were professional cover artists. Rainey, Patton, Elam, Hammond, Brown, Carlos Dunlap, Janoris Jenkins, Riley Cooper, Carl Johnson, Marquis Hannah, Cam Newton, Rickerson, Brandon James, Louis Murphy, Jon Demps, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Spikes just to name a few.... WHILE they were there.

uh, how about Southern Methodist...the Mustangs plunged from the glory days of the Eric Dickerson-Craig James "Pony Express" era to being the only major college football "Death Penalty" victim in NCAA history. The football team didn't saddle up for either the 1987 or 1988 seasons after it was discovered tens of thousands of dollars had been paid out to players...do they not count in your narrative?

maybe Pete Seahawk Carroll is more your speed? Southern Cal and Reggie Bush doesn't make your list? He is the only player to give back a Heisman Trophy. USC's transgressions in 2005 weren't far removed from another major in-fraction in 2001, when tutors were caught writing papers for football players.

Barry Switzer...no? given his impeccable record on the field, Switzer might have been able to survive the 18 NCAA violations and allegations of Sooner rapes and paid recruits. But then quarterback Charles Thompson was arrested in early 1989 for selling cocaine to an undercover FBI agent.

Don't be talkin about USC, that SEC coach screwed them up. An Pete didn't do nothin those guys from Ohio State and Auburn wasn't doin. Maurice 'Machine Gun' Clarett and Cam the scam. Reggie, OJ, they just presocutein them

Free Shoes University? That nickname stuck when agents were found to have bought more than $6,000 worth of shoes for Seminoles players. There were much higher stakes in 2009, when Bobby Bowden had to vacate 12 victories because of an academic cheating scandal that included athletes from several FSU teams...but that doesn't qualify, does it? How about Pat Dye (see Eric Ramsey)? Jim Tressel? The Miami Canes and the 1995 Pell Grant scandal? Arizona State had a player convicted of murdering a teammate...no? Nothing? Just Herban Meyers (in my best Corrine Brown accent), huh? Hell, throw Charlie Pell in there if you have a bone to pick with the Gators...let's keep going...Gary Barnett provided sex, drugs and alcohol to recruits...Boston College had 13 players suspended for gambling, including two who had bet against their teammates in the Syracuse game...bet against their own team! Not even Pete Rose sunk so low...Butch Davis...Wisconsin had to suspend 26 players 16 years ago...dude, c'mon...

Don't be talkin about USC, that SEC coach screwed them up. An Pete didn't do nothin those guys from Ohio State and Auburn wasn't doin. Maurice 'Machine Gun' Clarett and Cam the scam. Reggie, OJ, they just presocutein them
...I agree. Glad we both think the snake be hatin'...

What does Leak's attempted-happy-ending purchase in Orlando have to do with his playing at Florida? He is also a vegetarian...does that mean you need to lock up yo' womens around leaf eaters?

Burt, shouldn't you be working on the Johnny karate super awesome musical explosion show?

Reactions: peezy28
Again, thank you FSU and UF for making people forget when Miami was known as 'Thug U'. And yeah, I know their play of the last decade has helped that too.

Its like when Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon was called a crook because of Watergate and was going to be impeached.

Then along came Ronnie (Iran / Contra; drugs for guns while his balloon headed wife was campaigning 'Just say no!'), Big daddy Bush (X head of the CIA; need I say more) and Billy (Serial Misogynist) and you know what?

Richard Nixon started to look like a choirboy.

SK, you beat me to it. But, it's better coming from you.

The bottom line is, if coaches continue to put these kids on a pedestal at a very young age and don't hold them accountable, this type of behavior will continue. End of story!

Thanks Choc, but you know the real bottom line is still: Money, TV Revenues, Mega Salaries for coaches, etc.

And, it will never change or get any better, only worse. Hell just look at our country and this election. There's too much reward vs risk in smudging the boundary lines.

hernandez may get a job in the penal league but not edgewater. unless he gets the same lawyer i did to sue dphs for luxuries

...How about Pat Dye (see Eric Ramsey)? ...

Stretch it, son. Damn, that was 25 years ago. Then they went undefeated while on two years probation and got nary a mention for the national title. The rest is self reported secondary violations and unsubstantiated accusations mostly generated from Toothaloosa. The whole Cam thing came about because MSU couldn't come up with $200K, then Cam's daddy dropped it $20K, and they STILL couldn't pony up the dough.
Then Newton decided to make his OWN DECISION and went to Auburn. To win.
He'll tell you himself, if he trusts you.

He also says he knows nothing about the sweetheart lease deal that his Dad got on a half dozen semi trucks, but that, it seems, IS NOT against NCAA rules. Go figure. War Eagle.

Burt.
. Are we talking about criminals or college kids who get free money clothes shoes cars etc... Yeah I'd say rape murder and armed robbery trumps most cases.

New developments coming in this case soon... Apparently some other students have come forward to dispute the females claims and that they were there when the alleged incident happened.

3795100-3985105016-stick.png

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT