ADVERTISEMENT

Real, real, Reality Check..Lake Mary at Mainland

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
For the third straight year these two teams will hook up for the preseason Kickoff Classic. The first two were pretty competitive and this one also might be...NOT!!!! Bucs make it three in a row against these soon to be slaughtered Rams. Mainland has reupped, reloaded, and regained its swagger from the 2014 semifinal loss to powerhouse Miami Central. Bucs should be scary good coming out of the box... Check the score

Last edited:
Lake Mary should not be as good as last year. They lost their stud receiver and a good, high school Quarterback. If Mainland is at least as good as last year, and I think you believe they are better, it could be pretty ugly by half time.

Darter, I was thinking along with you about Lake Mary's loss of that excellent pass/catch combo. Those two guys gave our young db's fits. Haven't had a chance to see much of the 2015 Buccaneers yet to form an opinion as to whether they will be stronger over all then the last few seasons. That's a pretty high standard to duplicate year in and year out. With them getting more national attention then ever before lets hope they keep working hard and get that long overdue second championship. Time will tell, but I'm very optimistic. No rose colored glasses here though; I got to see it on the field.

Marquis Mickens is a year better... He'll be dangerous this year. Mainland rolls by 20+

Quick, yards after contact, great RB. He's a junior this year... Not sure he'll get the yards after contact vs the Bucs but we'll see.

Perennial Volusia County doormat, Deltona High (no disrespect, only the truth) spanks the highly regarded Lake Mary Ram 28-7 one day after the cancelation of the Mainland / Lake Mary game because of lightning. Great win Deltona. Lake Mary...well good thing you didn't play Mainland, it wasn't going to be pretty.

Deltona will not be a doormat this season. They have some very talented athletes, and the Wolves may finish second in that District and make the playoffs.

Deltona will not be a doormat this season. They have some very talented athletes, and the Wolves may finish second in that District and make the playoffs.

Jam, that might be true, but the basketball court is where these guys are really going to be dangerous.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT