ADVERTISEMENT

Daytona Mainland Blue/Gold Spring Game

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Two words will recap all that is necessary in the Buc's spring split squad scrimmage game played Friday afternoon at Mainland High. Those two words begin and end with Denzel Houston. This senior to be quarterback did it all. The young man was unstoppable running, passing, playing defensive back, punt and kickoff returns ( NO, NO Coaches to kick returns ). Trust me when I say that in my 50yrs of attending Mainland high football games, we the Bucs, have never had a better player behind the center. Period ! He's smooth, poised, and has great touch on the ball. This young man doesn't get rattled. Add a couple/few new wideouts from the just completed track season and these 2016 Mainland Buccaneer's should put some points on the scoreboard come September. Defense appeared a little small, but extremely quick ( although Denzel burned them on a few occasions ). Next week up and coming Orange City, 7pm Spec Martin Stadium, Deland, should be a better place to evaluate and get an early snap shot of this perennial Florida east coast powerhouse.
PS - I could be mistaken, the old eye sight isn't what it used to be, but the game official positioned throughout the scrimmage mere inches from the middle linebacker sure did resemble Flavarsity favorite striped shirted pit bull JAMBUN. His motor never stopped. He was agile, precise, and efficient. He controlled the uptempo game. No suck up here :)

Dan....next week should be fun!! Two very skilled and experienced offenses along with two defenses that replace a lot. Best of luck to you and the Bucs, always enjoy playing you guys, well coached, players are respectable and play hard!!

Dan....next week should be fun!! Two very skilled and experienced offenses along with two defenses that replace a lot. Best of luck to you and the Bucs, always enjoy playing you guys, well coached, players are respectable and play hard!!
Right back at you Titan. You guys hit the road running a very short time ago and never looked back. Much respect for what you have so quickly done over there. Also any program that helps keep the Bulldogs of Deland irrelevant is always a positive in my blue eyes.

Reactions: UHSTitan
Yes, I heard that whoever was officiating the umpire position for the Mainland scrimmage was looking real good, and seemed to be on top of things. Of course, the extremely capable official was only able to officiate the first half of the scrimmage due to a previous commitment at University. One this official got to the Titans scrimmage, the great work continued. Or so I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT