ADVERTISEMENT

Port Charlotte 23 Riverview 21 Final.

Fla2014

Jun 18, 2014
Even though the game started at 9pm after a 2-hour delay, it was a good game. Riverview is supposed to be loaded but they seem to have a lot of players ineligible, injured, or sitting out. RHS offense looked very sloppy due to the weather conditions and for some reason they kept trying to pass the ball even though the conditions were less than ideal. Port Charlotte offensively stuck to their guns and pounded the football the entire game. Port Charlotte runs the exact same offense as Charleston Southern which runs a shotgun option type of offense. They pushed the RHS d-line back majority of the game. RHS QB threw 3 interceptions and that was the difference maker. Port Charlotte should be pretty good this year if they can stay healthy. They have a lot of guys going both ways.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Remember that these are the spring games. Coaches look at these games as a chance to look at newer players, and are not always playing to win the game per say. The spring game is very similar to NFL preseason games.

lol you are hilarious with this booker stuff. They were terrible last year and have a first year head coach, first year of high school offensive coordinator and who knows at defensive. I doubt any of Riverview's starters will transfer to a program that will struggle for at least 2 years. Booker had 28 players dressed for the spring game.

I've been hearing that Booker is trying to get 4 or 5 of the Riverview players to transfer to their school. Is there any truth to this?

I could not see anyone choosing to go to Booker over Riverview unless you had a major personal issue with the staff. Even then 4-5 kids ? I'm thinking that is just a rumor but stranger things I guess could happen.

Also its a FHSSA violation to recruit those kids away so I'm guessing if its common knowledge on a forum someone better sweep this under the rug but quick.

Well apparently the one of the new defensive coaches coached many of the riverview players in youth football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT