ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Gulliver Prep 20 Manatee 7 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Manatee Played a forgettable 1st half & consequently found its self down 20-0 at half. 2nd half Manatee played better winning a moral victory out scoring Gulliver Prep 7-0. Bright spot of the game would have to be the over-all play of the Manatee defensive secondary, and perhaps also Corey Sanders emerging play at RB.......

Not sure i understand what you mean by "how bad were the departures?" The 3 kids that i mentioned that are no longer with the team, and would have been contributors were all pretty good. The thing i liked about the secondary was coverage, and tackling/physicality was better then it as been accross the board. Alot of new starters on both sides of the ball......i wasnt all that impressed with Guliver Prep, they have no depth and against better teams are very beatable.....they were with hands on hips and breathing hard by the end of the game. Manatee has a ways too go, but there is size and some decent talent there...Coaching obviously will play a big part there.....i may have to reassess my prediction on a lossing season to a .500 finish

Reactions: Silver King
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT