ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Central 33 Mainland 21

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Great season Buccaneers. You gave all you have, the coaches did all they could, but the better team took over in the 2nd half, with its phenomenal supply of athletes, in a game not as close as the final score might indicate. Central started the game a little shaky, a little nervous, which gave us hometown homers an early false sense of security. Central might be Mainland's only opponent, and I've seen them all in the last 15 years, that receives more red flags then the Buccaneers. This helped to keep things respectable and it also gave fuel to the Rockets to dig deep inside and try and kick everybody's ass in Daytona including the referees and Buc fans. Their power and speed was far superior this night to that of the Buccaneer's. Naples is next up for Miami Central. Don't waste your time on early season film. The current Rockets are at another level..... Buc Forever.......Round 3 KNOCKOUT

Last edited:
Dan, I feel your pain... Cocoa coaches blew it against BTW. I'm putting it all on the coaches ths time.

Jam. They ran the same playbook as they have for the last 3 years. Run Right, Run Left, Try the middle. The first pass came in the 4 quarter. There wasn't any balance to the game at all. BTW just loaded up the line and didn't have to worry about a passing game.
BTW beat Cocoa on one slant after another, I would say every other play was a slant left then a fade right. Every now and then a run up the middle.
Cocoa develops RB's I'll give them that but you have to pass some to keep the d line honest.

Coach Wilkinson has always preferred the control the tempo of the game by running the football. Do you think that Cocoa would have been able to move the ball by passing against BTW?

Coach Wilkinson has always preferred the control the tempo of the game by running the football. Do you think that Cocoa would have been able to move the ball by passing against BTW?
Nope... Judson is a great player but he's not throwing QB...

Jam. They ran the same playbook as they have for the last 3 years. Run Right, Run Left, Try the middle. The first pass came in the 4 quarter. There wasn't any balance to the game at all. BTW just loaded up the line and didn't have to worry about a passing game.
BTW beat Cocoa on one slant after another, I would say every other play was a slant left then a fade right. Every now and then a run up the middle.
Cocoa develops RB's I'll give them that but you have to pass some to keep the d line honest.
cat, Wilkerson has NEVER had a qb.. Same offense for long time, more than 3 years.. His RUN offense with Folsten,beat BC in Jersey a few years ago but his offensive line was NOT what it was then.. Still, BTW was the better team. Miami Dade !!! BETTER.

Jam, Judson moved it in the 4th Quarter fairly easily. I can't honestly say they could have moved it all game because BTW is great at making adjustments. BUT, I will say it would have loosened up the run game had he open with a swing pass for 5 yards to start the game. Then a quick slant 3 or 4 times a quarter will tend to keep an defense wary of a quick pass which can slow a blitzing defense down some. If it works for BTW why can't it work for Cocoa?

I'm totally aware that Wilks is a run oriented coach and he builds his offense around the 3 or 4 RB's he always seems to have. And he is very good at it. But he should have his QB coach and receivers coach work more on some passing and let the true RB's do most of the running instead of using the QB as a 3rd option RB. Judson is special and he can throw better than what you are seeing from him this year. I've seen him throw when he is healthy. After the IMG game he was injured for the next 3 or 4 games including the St. Eds game. Kind of hard to throw with injured ribs on the right side when you throw right handed.

Just my take, what do I know???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT