Manatee County

FishinGuy

Apr 18, 2013
THoughts?

Lakeland -at- Manatee

Pinellas Park -at- Palmetto

Largo -at- Braden River

Southeast bye...

Bayshore -at- Sarasota (Bayshore seems to be better this is an interesting match up)

Again thoughts on some of these games

THoughts?

Lakeland -at- Manatee

Pinellas Park -at- Palmetto

Largo -at- Braden River

Southeast bye...

Bayshore -at- Sarasota (Bayshore seems to be better this is an interesting match up)

Again thoughts on some of these games

Lakeland over Manatee... Talent wise this Lakeland team may be one of Castle's best and if we are going based on coaching alone well BC wins that every day. 42-24

Palmetto over Pinellas park - PPark does not have a good history of playing out of county. They have some talented players including 4 star RB Toafili but they still run the old school Wing T and I am not sure that is going to cut it. 28-13

Braden River over Largo... I am not sure if BR lost a lot but if they are still close to what they were last year the should win. That team was tough as nails. Largo is a good team without a lot of transferred talent that has not gelled yet. Also they are insistent on letting their inaccurate QB throw it 40 times a game in which as long as you stop their 1 top WR on a jump ball your probably going to win most of those battles. Largo does play good defense however 21-14

Lakeland over Manatee 31-24 - I agree with just about everything Peezy said, except with this being the most talented team Castle has ever recruited. ........(okay okay those are my words not Peezy's in as far as the recruiting part) those Lakeland teams of 2004-2006 beyond the skilled talent, also had some serious talent on the line of scrimmage, that I don't see on this Lakeland team coming anywhere close to!

Palmetto over Pinellas Park 40-17 - Palmetto has some serious talent in its program now and its got the strength, brawn and maturity on the line of scrimmage to make them a team most teams they play wont be able to handle from a physical standpoint as well.

Braden River over Largo 28-21 - Braden River will be good this year, but not the level good its been the last few years.......I could see Largo making this one close and maybe pulling it out at the end, depending how the breaks go.

Sarasota over Bayshore 31-21 - Sarasota has Battie back to carry the load offensively, that alone makes Sarasota a way better team than they were a year ago. I think Spensor Hodges continues to make improvements with the Sarasota program and Sarasota fields a more competitive team this year!

Go Canes Go!

Lakeland over Manatee 31-24 - I agree with just about everything Peezy said, except with this being the most talented team Castle has ever recruited. ........(okay okay those are my words not Peezy's in as far as the recruiting part) those Lakeland teams of 2004-2006 beyond the skilled talent, also had some serious talent on the line of scrimmage, that I don't see on this Lakeland team coming anywhere close to!

Palmetto over Pinellas Park 40-17 - Palmetto has some serious talent in its program now and its got the strength, brawn and maturity on the line of scrimmage to make them a team most teams they play wont be able to handle from a physical standpoint as well.

Braden River over Largo 28-21 - Braden River will be good this year, but not the level good its been the last few years.......I could see Largo making this one close and maybe pulling it out at the end, depending how the breaks go.

Sarasota over Bayshore 31-21 - Sarasota has Battie back to carry the load offensively, that alone makes Sarasota a way better team than they were a year ago. I think Spensor Hodges continues to make improvements with the Sarasota program and Sarasota fields a more competitive team this year!

Go Canes Go!

Yeah I don't follow the goings on's of where these kids are playing HS Ball or who transferred where, so I could not say who was recruited and who was dreadnaught bred and born. it really doesn't matter to be honest everone does it at this point LOL. Lakelands 04 to 06 run may have been one of the best ever and their lines produced the Pouncey's for starters. The team they are putting together now is more balanced as they can and will air it out but also have perhaps the best RB in the state behind a pretty darn good line and a defense that has talent all over.

Honestly though I see no reason for Lakeland to HAVE to recruit logically speaking... If you live and grew up in Polk County and you wanted to play football and were pretty good at it unless neighborhood allegiances mattered to you (like going to the school where your dad or brothers went) I see no reason for you not to try to end up at Lakeland over all else.... Same can and should be said for Manatee except they lost their coaching stability of course.

Yeah I don't follow the goings on's of where these kids are playing HS Ball or who transferred where, so I could not say who was recruited and who was dreadnaught bred and born. it really doesn't matter to be honest everone does it at this point LOL. Lakelands 04 to 06 run may have been one of the best ever and their lines produced the Pouncey's for starters. The team they are putting together now is more balanced as they can and will air it out but also have perhaps the best RB in the state behind a pretty darn good line and a defense that has talent all over.

Honestly though I see no reason for Lakeland to HAVE to recruit logically speaking... If you live and grew up in Polk County and you wanted to play football and were pretty good at it unless neighborhood allegiances mattered to you (like going to the school where your dad or brothers went) I see no reason for you not to try to end up at Lakeland over all else.... Same can and should be said for Manatee except they lost their coaching stability of course.

Well....you and I are on the same page with that mindset, but Lake Wales and Mulberry tend to qualify and that's not naming them all...(at least in my book...) outside the Lakeland immediate neighborhood.....Two years in row Peezy that they brought in a new QB, that wasn't with program the year before..........only time it doesn't really bother me is when they face up with STA in the championship game........Im for who ever plays STA!

Go Canes Go!

I'm not saying they don't recruit..... I'm saying kids/parents want to play their... Just like manatee the programs success sells itself...

You cant be mad at that.

I heard Southeast has a game against Gadsden County, the team that got in the playoffs without winning a game. It was scheduled last minute after Clearwater Countryside dropped them.

I'm going to pick a couple of upsets - Bayshore over Sarasota, Pinellas Park over Palmetto

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT