ADVERTISEMENT

It appears "open enrollment" and " sports choice" is a pen stroke away...

Dan in Daytona

Nov 20, 2008
Sorry Neutral ( Chicken Little ), but we dinosaurs have been extinguished and annihilated. When the Gov signs today's bill the freedom of movement for all high school athletes in the state of Florida is on !!!!!! If the school has room, you can go there with no county/district boundary in your way. Play now no restrictions. I believe it is still illegal for a coach to entice an athlete to come to his school, but boosters and old "has been's" can do and say what they like about said program. ATTENTION: All 3-5 Star athletes out there. Nike Air Jordans for FREE. See "Dan" in Daytona.

Chicken Little would axst you this: How will this affect the sport of HS football? And specifically, explain how will it "enhance" competition among schools in any given Metro area?

What you have to say Daytona Dan? Don't be modest. Flaunt your obvious intelligence. Put it on display for us.

I think somehow we ended up in an altered universe with Trump vs Hillary and open enrollment - dis SHIT can't be happening - it's all a bad freakin' dream; isn't it?

"you don't curse but this deserves the full word signed PEEZ"

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken Little would axst you this: How will this affect the sport of HS football? And specifically, explain how will it "enhance" competition among schools in any given Metro area?

What you have to say Daytona Dan? Don't be modest. Flaunt your obvious intelligence. Put it on display for us.

Well Neut, it's like this. As I enter the early years of my sixth decade on this planet, nothing and I mean "Nothing" about the future of high school sports, society in general, or the turmoil throughout our world causes me any undue fear, apprehension, or worry beyond which I can not control . Change is constant and inevitable! As a lifetime liberal and open minded free thinker the future does not scare me. Some will adapt better then others while some still will be lost and left behind. I pity the "Chicken Little's" of the world. Life must be sad and confusing when the world is leaving them behind. To paraphrase Darwin we animals must "adapt or die." Lighten up my superior intellectual board mate. We only go this way once... do it easy my friend. Peace

Daytona Dan: If we grade your reply for "rhetoric", you deserve an A+. Sorry, can't assign any grade for "content" because you failed to provide an answer to the question.

The question was intended to paint you into a corner and a corner is exactly where you stayed. Excellent decision.

Your reluctance earns you some degree of merit, as only a complete fool would have made any attempt to explain how this policy could enhance competition.

Last edited:
Daytona Dan: If we grade your reply for "rhetoric", you deserve an A+. Sorry, can't assign any grade for "content" because you failed to provide an answer to the question.

The question was intended to paint you into a corner and a corner is exactly where you stayed. Excellent decision.

Your reluctance earns you some degree of merit, as only a complete fool would have made any attempt to explain how this policy could enhance competition.

My friend let's be very clear on how I feel about the coming change in Florida high school sports. I didn't care last week, I don't care today and I won't care next year. Sorry if that portrays me in an unfavorable light to you and others, but at the end of the day it's child's play we're talking about. In the grand scheme of things it's pretty low in importance. But at a minimum, surely a life lesson can be learned. (Don't play Mainland any more:) Who knows what possible changes might come at a later date. And when they do...... you still got my answer. #oneoldcalloussonofabitc-

Reactions: peezy28
... at the end of the day it's child's play we're talking about ... I didn't care last week, I don't care today and I won't care next year.
Yeah, Dan. Sure thing. Laughable remarks from someone so "dispassionate" he was willing to part with a few hundred $$$, board an airplane and fly to Cleveland to go watch a HS football game a few months back.

Last edited:
Finally for public schools to be able to do what private schools been doing. Time to stack da' teams..Well not in my area...

Sandalwood football coach Adam Geis said. “You’re going to end up with high end and low end (teams) and nobody in the middle ... The kids hold all the cards."

Actually - in true perspective - most kids who would have played football will end up holding no cards at all. Once it's plain for most kids at "have not" schools to see that there's no realistic chance to vie for a District title, they'll fold the losing hand they've been dealt and leave the table.

Then zealous supporters at the so-called "power programs" will throw their hands in the air and honestly proclaim, "I don't get it. No one wants to put together a team and play us!"

If so, say to them, "Yeah, that's a real mystery allright. Ranks right up there with 'How did the Cubans run out of eggs back in the 60's'."

"They ran out of eggs?"

"Yep. Mysteriously it happened right after they killed all their chickens and served them for dinner. Castro had all of his smartest people working on the problem and no one involved could figure out a damned thing!"

Neutral Observer, get off Dan's back, he has answered your question. What Dan does with his money, and how he supports his team is none of your business. Dan in Daytona is the best poster on this message board, and I only wish that the state of Florida had more fans like him. I don't know what your angle is, and why you always have to complain about everything, but who cares what you think about this bill? Go ahead with a petty childish insult of me, and some commentary of what high school sports was like when you played in the 1950's. I am glad to see parents and children getting more say in their school athletic experience.

Reactions: riverrat1961
Hard to believe that any educated adult could offer such an idiotic reply, to wit:

Dan ... has answered your question
Au contrare, mon ami. The question was: "How will this affect the sport of HS football? And specifically, explain how will it "enhance" competition among schools in any given Metro area?"
1. Dan didn't answer the question at all. He spewed rhetoric... and I complimented him for having the wisdom to do so. He was painted directly into corner and had the discretion to recognize such.
2. It was a simple question. It was also an honest question. Instead of doing your best to prove to everyone on this forum that you haven't got a clue, be "The Man" - answer the question yourself. In fact, why not go ahead and expound on the very comment you offered (i.e., "I am glad to see parents and children getting more say in their school athletic experience." Explain how that one will enhance competition?

Take all the time you need, hoss. There's no hurry. Just don't be like Dan and "duck" the question.

Hard to believe that any educated adult could offer such an idiotic reply, to wit:

Au contrare, mon ami. The question was: "How will this affect the sport of HS football? And specifically, explain how will it "enhance" competition among schools in any given Metro area?"
1. Dan didn't answer the question at all. He spewed rhetoric...
2. It was a simple question. It was also an honest question. Instead of doing your best to prove to everyone on this forum that you haven't got a clue, be "The Man" - answer the question yourself. I Explain how that one will enhance competition?

Take all the time you need, hoss. There's no hurry. Just don't be like Dan and "duck" the question.

Enough already, you condescending Prick ! Don't talk down to me, or my fellow resident friend from Volusia County. Let me handle the blow hard Jambun. This A-hole only understands when force is met with equal or greater force. Neutral, "XXXX you" and the " enhanced competition" question. I truthfully told the dense grey matter between your ears that " I could (basically) give a rats ass about the new rule changes. Formulate any question your little warped brain wants and " paint me into (another) corner. " What the hell are you talking about ? I HAVE NO STRONG FEELINGS FOR THE RULE CHANGES ONE WAY OR THE OTHER !!!!! GOT THAT HOSS.....or to be more precise Horse's A$$

Last edited:
Enough already, you condescending Prick !
Pretty bold remark. Good thing it was made from the safety of your computer desk.

If you scroll to the top of this thread, partner, you'll notice that you used my name along with a reference to "Chicken Little" right out of the gate. Condescending? Yeah, I reckon 999 out of 1,000 people would say so.

If you didn't want to see me respond that was a foolish mistake. You could have easily made your post and left my name out of this.

Last edited:
weak response, but not surprised... go away little man

{ Edit } When dealing with a slick manipulator, like Neutral, always quote his original reply in your response to him. Therefore, when he changes it ( like his above response ) you don't look like an idiot. I'll forget the "sky is falling Chicken Little" bit when referring to you and now just use "Slick Willie" in all future replies. That way when the keyboard tough guy threatens to TELL THE MODERATORS ON ME when mean things were written about him you will better understand my " weak response, but not surprised, LITTLE MAN." Like most bully's , Slick Willie, is the loud barking dog with no bite. Peezy, DP, MrHiSchool, take me to the woodshed. I said bad things about Neutral. Sorry Neut, signed, your daddy.

Last edited:
This 1968 like election is just bleeding over into everything.

SK asks for two things: 1) Can we refer, from this point on, on the board, to the egg problem in Cuba as "The Chicken and Rice last supper fiasco?"
and 2)

I think this is one of those online convos that would have been funny in real life and quickly resolved (Dan/Neutral).

I don't mind the new rule. It's different but maybe some kid who lives out of zone can go to the school where they can get a fresh start from an academic persoective, go to the school where most of his/her friends are, or go for a sport. I'd like to think it's not about sports but that is naive.

No opinion either way, let it happen.

Neutral Observer, why do you care "how this affects high school football"? How does this effect you in any way? I am tired of hearing about "the purity of high school sports" by making artificial boundaries and zones that students have to abide by. Or coaches who are suddenly worried about "students learning life lessons" by the same coaches who change jobs every few years, and resign to "spend more time with the families" only to take another head coaching job one year later. Or schools and coaches who play certain players over others because their parents are in the booster club. Or Heisman Trophy QB's being forced to play fullback because " I am the head coach, and I say so." If you think that things are so great now in high school football, let me remind you that seven of eight state championships in 2015 were decided by double-digit margins.

I think this is one of those online convos that would have been funny in real life and quickly resolved (Dan/Neutral).
Smart money says this Pipe Dreams:

1. Face-to-face, Dan in Daytona would have the wisdom to skip all the derogatory names.
2. In person, I would have asked him the same question I asked in print.
3. If his answer was essentially, "I won't answer that question because I don't care", I would have congratulated him.
4. Ducking the question would have been his only move. Trying to answer would have made him look like a fool.
5. If he was upset by that, he'd be welcome to call me any name he wanted.
6. (see Number 1)

Many of the people on this board do not have a son actively playing the sport. However, we help keep this board alive. That was an inappropriate question!

The problem with this rule is the "me" generation will destroy high school sports just like they have done to the pros. Will Denver be able to compete next year when half of their team has left for more money? What will be used to entice these kids to change schools? Will FHSAA be so busy looking at illegal enticement that they won't have time to run high school sports?

So I'm not a dinosaur or a much often poster.... but I gotta comment when people start getting sad and angry and say stupid things like.....
1. Neutral Observer, why do you care "how this affects high school football"? - Isn't that what this board is about
2. How does this effect you in any way? - very little of this affects most of us here in any direct way
3. Or coaches who are suddenly worried about "students learning life lessons" by the same coaches who change jobs every few years, and resign to "spend more time with the families" only to take another head coaching job one year later. - What?!?!
4. Or schools and coaches who play certain players over others because their parents are in the booster club. -is this a Quasi Electra complex from your youth?
5. Or Heisman Trophy QB's being forced to play fullback because " I am the head coach, and I say so." - Wait you are even attacking NFL coaches about Tebow here
6. If you think that things are so great now in high school football, let me remind you that seven of eight state championships in 2015 were decided by double-digit margins. - Winner Winner Chicken Dinner, you just proved Neuts point
I feel like I'm sitting down with the AD and a parent and they are explaining why they are thinking about going to a school that has more college recruiters visit, oh yeah and their Junior son is a 5'5" 120lb Corner who runs a 5.2 40.

Last edited:
The Great thing about America is that we have the freedom to choose where we live and send our kids to school. And if you JR corner is 5,5 and 120lb maybe you are lucky he wants to transfer to school that has more college recruiters because that sounds more like a ME player than a team player.

Isn't it pretty much "open" now days anyways? How many kids have been ruled ineligible for transferring?

Reactions: WRONG ARM
Serious question for Dan in Daytona:

No offense, but is there a history of mental illness in your family?

Tell you what, I'll be in Bradenton on May 6th and 7th for the FHSAA State Track and Field Championship at IMG Academy Stadium. If I don't have the balls to get in you face and tell you how I really think about all your B.S. you will never hear another discouraging word from me again. Come on up paper Tiger. Something tells me you have a previously scheduled appointment that weekend. What you say Hoss ? You're a fake, phony, fraud little old man, who never had a pair. All talk, all B.S.

Neutral Observer, get off Dan's back, he has answered your question. What Dan does with his money, and how he supports his team is none of your business. Dan in Daytona is the best poster on this message board, and I only wish that the state of Florida had more fans like him. I don't know what your angle is, and why you always have to complain about everything, but who cares what you think about this bill? Go ahead with a petty childish insult of me, and some commentary of what high school sports was like when you played in the 1950's. I am glad to see parents and children getting more say in their school athletic experience.

Neutral just being Neutral and Dan can handle it.

weak response, but not surprised... go away little man

{ Edit } When dealing with a slick manipulator, like Neutral, always quote his original reply in your response to him. Therefore, when he changes it ( like his above response ) you don't look like an idiot. I'll forget the "sky is falling Chicken Little" bit when referring to you and now just use "Slick Willie" in all future replies. That way when the keyboard tough guy threatens to TELL THE MODERATORS ON ME when mean things were written about him you will better understand my " weak response, but not surprised, LITTLE MAN." Like most bully's , Slick Willie, is the loud barking dog with no bite. Peezy, DP, MrHiSchool, take me to the woodshed. I said bad things about Neutral. Sorry Neut, signed, your daddy.

That's a 1st... No one in my 33 years has ever ASKED me to take them to the woodshed.... But I guess for Dan he was always used to being taken to the woodshed by a Rattler anyway STRIKE!

Dan, I am sorry that you have to be subjected to that line of questioning from an obviously bitter old man. It is a shame that this man cannot seem to understand that not everything in the world is black and white, and not everyone sees things the way that he does. Dan in Daytona is one of the nicest, classiest, people that I have met. He has a great love for sports, and I respect that he supports many sports in Volusia County. Peezy, I cannot imagine that you approve of this type of behavior on this message board.

Brandontionan, there is a high school in Volusia County that is well-known to have a county-club atmosphere, and whose coaches play children of rich booster club members regardless of any other factor. As far as Tim Tebow goes, I was talking about his first high school coach who refused to play him at QB, and insisted of playing him at FB, before he transferred to Nease. I can assure you that he was a great high school QB, because I saw him play in person, and take his team down the field for a victory in a playoff game. My point about the state title games is that half-measures and selective enforcements are clearly not working if schools like STA and in the big-city are able to play by different rules than other schools. I you think that coaches are not changing jobs to take better options foe selfish reasons, you are wrong. Loyalty is a two-way street, and if you expect it form students and parents, you better expect it from teachers and coaches. I still do not see why a man like Neutral Observer, someone who I presume does not have any connections or family involved in high school sports cares so much about what students and parents choose what is best for the future.

Dan, I am sorry that you have to be subjected to that line of questioning from an obviously bitter old man. It is a shame that this man cannot seem to understand that not everything in the world is black and white, and not everyone sees things the way that he does. Dan in Daytona is one of the nicest, classiest, people that I have met. He has a great love for sports, and I respect that he supports many sports in Volusia County. Peezy, I cannot imagine that you approve of this type of behavior on this message board.
I don't but I'd only do some thing if Dan wanted me too since he's the one that offense was pointed at.... Wild Wild West I only step in, in extreme matters or if a certain Tennessee coach shows up. Oh yeah and Trump (just kidding )

Peezy, I cannot imagine that you approve of this type of behavior on this message board.
Jambun82 and Nu'Trelle finally agree on SOMETHING. Wonder what went through Jambun's head the furse time Daytona Dan referred to another poster as a Pr**ck. What about the second time? How bout the third? Surely, Jambun was irrevocably offended?

Last edited:
I don't but I'd only do some thing if Dan wanted me too since he's the one that offense was pointed at ...
Offense? I asked Dan a single question AFTER he brought my name into a discussion in totally unprovoked fashion.
Go read his original message and ask yourself this, "Who baited who?"

I always thought Danny and Neut got along, Is this some kinda April Fools joke?
April Fool's Day too far away, SK. Nu'Trelle worried that Daytona Dan's sudden inability to control hisself could be symptomatic of a serious closed-head injury.

How could Nu'Trelle ever forgive his self if he rode all the way up to Bradenton, dropped $250-300 for a motel room, $40-50 for a 2 day pass to see a track meet at IMG he didn't care nothing about, then ended up going to jail for kicking a 60+year old man's a*** who had already suffered a stroke or other major event?

Cops: "What really happened? We're giving you ONE chance to explain your side of the story."
Neutral: "Okay. Daytona Dan wouldn't answer my question about HS football."
Cops: "What kinda fools do you think we are? LAST TIME! WHY DID YOU DO THIS???"
Neutral: "Honestly ........... Jambun82 ordered the hit for $10,000."
Cops: "OK, we're done. You're charged with 1st degree assault on a already brain-damaged Wildcat."
Neutral: "Wait. I'll give it up. A vindictive Rattler brainwashed Nu'Trelle. You buy that one?"

Offense? I asked Dan a single question AFTER he brought my name into a discussion in totally unprovoked fashion.
Go read his original message and ask yourself this, "Who baited who?"
Really don't care enough to police y'all 2 adults. You 2 can handle this little spat yourselves

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT