ADVERTISEMENT

Has UCF Cracked the Top 3?

Originally posted by LAZL:
Originally posted by Sir Galahad:

Oh and why UF played ECU instead of UCF, the SEC has a rule not to play non BCS teams from the same state.
Interesting rule. There is no BCS.
Oh I forgot, it's called the power 5 now.
by the way, Josh Sitton is a first team all pro this year, from the UCF team you said had no talent. Guess your stats do lie.

Well then don't pay attention to them. You are comparing players at that stage of their career to what they eventually became. The performance of the team, including the o-line as a unit sucked big time back then. They couldn't even beat Buffalo and barely escaped a then 1AA game against Florida Atlantic. If I recall, the 0-11 squad was coached by O'Leary. The offense averaged 17 ppg over 23 games back in 2003-04 playing in the MAC as compared to 28 pts per game in 2014. I agree that this year's line was bad. The worst we've had in a while but to say that the 2014 line was worse than the one from 2003-2004 is ludicrous.

I know plenty about ECU boss. We 'lowly' Knights have been playing them for about the last decade or so. And we played them earlier this year. So are you trying to tell me that if not for their struggles on third and fourth down conversions then the Gators stood no chance due to rankings and yardage totals? Get outta here. I seem to recall Hawaii setting all kinds of records and having top 3 players in several categories but never actually DOING anything outside of the WAC. Stop trying to overplay the Gators opponent and downplay the co-champion of the conference in which ECU plays as well as a BCS Bowl champion last year in UCF. I will not over blow my alma mater like some other posters on this thread, all I am saying is give them some credit. They are definitely starting to pull some of the market-share from other schools in the Sunshine state.

I agree with the FSU, against UF it's 5 out of 10, against Miami its 7 out of 10. There is a reason UF played ECU and not UCF.
You are an idiot

Originally posted by blackpopsicle:

Oh and why UF played ECU instead of UCF, the SEC has a rule not to play non BCS teams from the same state. UF would not have played UCF just like UM wanted nothing to do with the Bitcoin Bowl which was where they were supposed to go.
Got a link?
No link, find out for yourself. Go back 10, 20 years and show me I'm wrong.
What does going back 20 years prove?

UF didn't go to St Pete, because they filled one of the SEC's contracted bowls. They have deals with 9 bowl games, plus their champion is guaranteed a spot in one of the 6 elite bowls. Having a team also in the playoffs gave them 11 spots to fill
and they had 11 teams bowl eligible.

Same with Miami. They went to an ACC contracted bowl game. The ACC got an extra spot because Army wasn't bowl eligible
and Pitt took their spot at the Armed Forces Bowl against another AAC team.

Why in the hell would the SEC make a rule that could possibly cost them getting another bowl slot?

btw...Until around 3 or 4 years ago...Roughly half of the states that SEC teams are located don't even have a non-BCS Team.

There are none in South Carolina. None in Missouri. 3 years ago there were none in Georgia...None in Kentucky. Only 1 in Miss
and 1 in Arkansas.

Plus what bowl game would Bama or Auburn have to face...Troy or South Alabama? (Or UAB when they played...they only went to 1 bowl in their history)

So what are you saying...that the SEC passed a rule saying that UF wasn't allowed to face USF or UCF in a bowl and Tenn or Vandy couldn't face Memphis (Middle Tenn is another newcomer) or that Ole Miss or Miss St couldn't face So Miss?

Originally posted by Bulldog1987:

I agree with the FSU, against UF it's 5 out of 10, against Miami its 7 out of 10. There is a reason UF played ECU and not UCF.
You are an idiot
Well thought out response, did you get help with that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT