ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee Football

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Looks like the 4X100 team took 1st at region, all of which are football players. So including alternates that's 6 skilled players Im not expecting to participate with spring football as I the spring game is the 16th and state track meet is the 18th. Manatee has some huge holes to fill on its OL, as the only returning starter was a soph last season who was largely ineffective last season and was eventually replaced by moving a defensive starter to his position. A number of large number of JV players will be moving up, but I found them while possessing good size, to be slow as well as not displaying much in the way of over-all strength. Manatee will have a 3 year starter at the QB position, a nice mix of talent at the WR position (but the speed guys I'm not anticipating playing, due to the state track meet). Same for the RB position as the top 2 players are on that 4X100 team, but a freshman that was lighting on the JV team last season, should find plenty of opportunity to show what he can do.

On defense Manatee returns 2 3-year staters on the DL, and promising young man moving up from the JV at the nose guard position. Manatee had 2 transfers that Im expecting will play at the LB position, both missed large portions of their seasons last year due to injuries. LB play was a area of major weakness for Manatee last year. DB position should be a position of strength for Manatee, with a number of returning starters or players that saw significant playin time last season

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT