ADVERTISEMENT

CONGRATS POSTER of the YEAR 2019

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
In an unusually low POY turn-out election, akin to how Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won the Democratic primary with only 16,898 votes, we are pleased to crown Choctaw_fan as the 2019 FLVA POY!

Congrats! I believe even though she may never see this, this might be her 3rd award. Her leaving in a snit over principle was a powerful vote getter. The board was better when she was here and we wish she’d return.

Choc, if you do see this, things were said in the heat of the moment that was wrong, but you know we love you. So please consider this for 2020:

SK ended early, has to get out on the dock for the ball drop and fireworks across the river

Reactions: peezy28
In an unusually low POY turn-out election, akin to how Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez won the Democratic primary with only 16,898 votes, we are pleased to crown Choctaw_fan as the 2019 FLVA POY!

Congrats! I believe even though she may never see this, this might be her 3rd award. Her leaving in a snit over principle was a powerful vote getter. The board was better when she was here and we wish she’d return.

Choc, if you do see this, things were said in the heat of the moment that was wrong, but you know we love you. So please consider this for 2020:

SK ended early, has to get out on the dock for the ball drop and fireworks across the river

Go Canes Go!

So...do you have a list of who has won over the last decade? Asking for a friend and 2009 POY

Ghost of Seasons past! If memory serves, you won one year didn't you? Tell your friend no such list exists - it's like Fight Club.

So...do you have a list of who has won over the last decade? Asking for a friend and 2009 POY
Bulldog1987, how do you like the job that Steve Allen is doing as the Head Coach at Deland High School with the Bulldogs?

Steve is a good guy he’s been my friend for a long time. I think he’s doing a wonderful job. Kids love him. They have bought in. The community has bought in. That’s what matters.

If Choctaw fan comes back she can’t pretend to be a Gator fan. If she does I’m running her back off

If Choctaw fan comes back she can’t pretend to be a Gator fan. If she does I’m running her back off
I doubt we ever see her back, as the saying goes........."When a woman's fed-up, aint nottin you can do about it!"

Go Canes Go!

Ain't R. Kelly the dude who sung "I Believe I Can Fly"? If so, maybe he can fly his sorry @ss outta prison after he found guilty and sentenced for messin wiff under-aged girls.

Reactions: peezy28
Ain't R. Kelly the dude who sung "I Believe I Can Fly"? If so, maybe he can fly his sorry @ss outta prison after he found guilty and sentenced for messin wiff under-aged girls.
I guess songs about wanting a incestual relationship.......(Granted its one of kissing cousins) is alright depending on the artist........right?

Go Canes Go!

If its Becker and Fagan, it's OK. And Pretzel Logic is just so classic. It's Wavebb's favorite song to quote to SK: "He said you must be joking son, where did you get those sho-ooooooo-oes"

Holy Moly! Wilmer and the Dukes......never heard of them........love it!

They Kind of have a "Otis Day and the Knights" from the movie Animal House, sound...

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
So after Laz's link to Wilmer and the Dukes, I decided I'd go check out more of Wilmer and the Dukes and 1st video I come to is this one......that mentions the idea for Otis Day and the Knights potentially came from Wilmer and the Dukes....

Go Canes Go!

Wilmer and the Dukes owned western NY state! There were other great bands as well like the Rustix, Chuck Mangione several others that had huge followings. Gene Cornish of The Rascals was also from Rochester. His father Ted had a great bait shop on Hudson Ave. But it was the music of the area in the sixties and early seventies that made it so great to grow up in that area. Anyway, Here’s a little cover the Rustix recorded live. They also had some hits like “Free Again” which was released nationally but I’m not sure how far it climbed up the charts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT