ADVERTISEMENT

Braden River (Bradley)

Ok this is so disappointing on so many levels. First off I was lucky enough to see this video as a local coach shared it through HUDL with me. Several schools have the Video. Anyway, Coach Bradley never took any accountability for his actions. Every head coach in the country knows the rules as to when you can and when you can’t practice. Various camps and Clinics?????? Really so when are these so called camps that they are going to? On the Video is shows tackling, linemen blocking hand held bags. When has that been part of 7 on 7. It would of been so much better if he took some accountability and looked his kids in the eyes and said “I let you down, this is my fault not yours”. Now he has taught his kids to have zero accountability. I hope he doesn’t plan on holding his kids accountable if he is not held to that same standard. As for the AD if he did not know that rule, he should be terminated at the conclusion of the school year, there is no excuse for that.

I guess Bradley may not have known the rule but the kids might have had some questions like--hey we have never done this before ? Gagg and Battie coming from Sarasota had to think why did we never do this before at Sarasota? Next if I were Gagg I would be asking why we didn't do this last year? All based off of hearsay of the kids being told its ok.

In any case the kids suffer. Rising seniors have to be upset they lost out on their last Spring season. Their guarantee barring injury is now set at 10 games for next year and can exceed that if they make playoffs.

941 you better believe Bradley has been cheating every year. This isn’t the first go around. You better believe that.

In the days of instant information social media can be a great motivator. Just look at any of the players account from yesterday and you will see.

I'm under the impression BR thinks Venice filmed and turned them in. I thought the filming was done by a BR parent and then it was posted for everyone to see?
In any case this will only sell more tickets for the Venice home game.

Oh ok. Is it common to message them and offer them free housing, and illegal benefits? Asking for a friend

Thanks!
Man it turned from Bradley cheating to deflecting the attention and accusing another coach of doing the same. In a day and age of phones-messages and whatever you do be it Facetwit or whatever you should be able to provide proof.
Although if you are good at these keyboards you probably could make something out of nothing. Anything above cut and paste is above my pay grade.

Ok its always good to talk about this from a different perspective.

If Venice had done the same illegal practice and Bradley had the film he wouldn't have done the same?

If this had happened at Sarasota and say Riverview had the film they would not have done the same?

I'm sure any coach (much less a district opponent no less) would be asking himself why not. If they break the rules and are caught then so be it. Its not like they made up the story.

Again I'm going back to the bigger picture from my standpoint. The seniors at BR just got screwed out of their last Spring of their high school career.
The college coaches now can not see them practice and I'm guessing wont stop by to talk to the kids or coaches if they are not at practice. This is usually a very important time for some of the less exposed rising seniors.

Bradley cheated. Got caught, it’s his fault they are facing these penalties him and him alone. It has nothing to do with Venice or anyone else. He’s been doing it for years. Nothing to do with anything else. If someone kills someone and a bystander witnesses it. That killer still goes to jail, the whiteness is not on trial.

This thread makes me feel that Carlos Danger may be right about Venice fans. I have heard about Braden River doing this for the last couple years but for all the Venice folks to be mortally offended is laughable. Players living with coaches, having to vacate a whole season. Venice shouldn't get so excited because they are now not the only cheaters to get caught.

Reactions: peezy28
Get caught doing something wrong and somehow Venice is the bad guy. Interesting

Curt Bradley is the same guy who called the FHSAA to complain that Venice had too much "home" field advantage with artificial noise. A cannon that was shot off after a TD. Had to get rid of that in 2016 so when BR came back they didn't have to hear it so many times.

No one is excited that kids got screwed out of opportunities. Its almost like everyone is ok with some breaking the rules and not others. In the end its the players who suffer.

Did Venice get caught yes? If the article serves my memory correct their coach also owned it stepped aside for a spring and showed leadership in that regard. I did it and it wasnt the best thing and now its over lets move on. This is sort of the case where The River got caught and people are making excuses for them. Just because they have done it for a couple years doesnt make it right. That makes them habitual offenders which is worse.

Am I missing something? Did anyone address the racist comment made by a Venice football player toward Coach Bradley that the Venice HC liked.

Last edited:
Yes. You are missing the fact that it was not a racist comment by a venice football player. Your missing the fact that Bradley has stooped so low to try to create racism. Your missing the fact that BRHS has a race fight in their own locker room. Your missing the Fact that they have been breaking the rules for years. Your missing the fact they had a big time recruit living with a coach. Your missing the fact the QB doesn’t live where he says he does. Your missing a lot.

Bradley has a bunch of people against him inside his own program. Some are now willing to come forward. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yes. You are missing the fact that it was not a racist comment by a venice football player. Your missing the fact that Bradley has stooped so low to try to create racism. Your missing the fact that BRHS has a race fight in their own locker room. Your missing the Fact that they have been breaking the rules for years. Your missing the fact they had a big time recruit living with a coach. Your missing the fact the QB doesn’t live where he says he does. Your missing a lot.

How come the spray tan comment was missed among all these other comments?

I have no bone to pick here as some of the youth league kids i coach tend to venture towards The View. However, keepinitreal has really hit it right. There was never a racist comment. And the cheating has been rampant within that program and it is just now coming to light. They come down here and recruit our youth leagues openly.

At the end of the day, I don't have a dog in this fight. It's amazing how people see and hear only what they want to. I'm sure what you guys are saying about the other issues has truth to them.

It’s kind of far fetched to call any of this racist. I mean please do not be so blind you can’t see that Bradley is trying to deflect. Do you really but what he’s selling.

Deflection from the issues he is having to keep the heat off. Classic tactic when things are going south.
While I will agree the Tweet was less than ideal, the racism part is a stretch. I'm sure it sounds bad I wont disagree, but this is not the first time that specific phrase was said. I know he was told that to his face so he only took offense when it was on Twitter. I guess you pick and choose when it becomes racist.

I can't wait to see what tactic you'll use to keep the current heat off.
No deflection here. No heat as what is done is done. Peacock knew turning in Bradley would bring on things that may lead to issues. The Tweet didn't help so he knew what he was in for.
Difference for me is that without excuses it is what it is.

No deflection here. No heat as what is done is done. Peacock knew turning in Bradley would bring on things that may lead to issues. The Tweet didn't help so he knew what he was in for.
Difference for me is that without excuses it is what it is.

Did he know that committing multiple violations in 2009 would "bring on issues"?

Did he know that committing one of the same violations, again, in 2017 would "bring on issues"?

Saying "what's done is done" and "it is what it is" constitutes perfect deflection language. As in straight-from-the-book.

Did he know that committing multiple violations in 2009 would "bring on issues"?

Did he know that committing one of the same violations, again, in 2017 would "bring on issues"?

Saying "what's done is done" and "it is what it is" constitutes perfect deflection language. As in straight-from-the-book.
Nope its called not running away from the fire. Your dictionary and mine must have different definitions on deflection.

The Bradley letter thing was a bit over the top. As someone who is not a Peacock fan he definitely got beat by a crybaby in this instance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT