ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 43 East Lake 14 Final

Just watched your DAnny Ep clip... He "looks" faster but he also got caught from behind on there LOL... I think I can confirm I thought Epstein was not very fast because of his running style.

If Epstein is one of the fastest on the team then perhaps he has better track speed than football speed. I think its his form when he runs that makes him look not as fast on the football field to me.

Kid I know CJ Cottman played at a smaller school much like Gamble but I know for fact from knowing him and working with him since he was in youth league he is a legit 4.4 guy and on a good day maybe even 4.3 but doubt that. He is football fast and has dominated since his Freshman year. Similar size as Epstein 5.11 185 but to me he looks smaller on film but it's because of how he runs.

Thoughts?

I don't think Epstein has ever run track before .... STA has the OL so why not utilize going North with all those great RBs. The Venice RB had how many rushing yard coming in versus STA ? It is not just STA , many defenses down here are very fast to run wide and lateral on. Better off wedge blocking sometimes...

I believe if Epstein played against the teams that Gamble and Cotman played against you would see more of that lateral and breakaway speed. I would say Epstein is not that far behind Cotman in speed. Cotman appears quicker laterally though. Gamble is a little bigger than both. I can't tell with Gamble what his speed is... He has kind of lanky build and runs a little choppy but he seems to hit another gear after 20 yards again though what kind of speed are the defenses he is facing?

You are too young to remember him but NFL great Eric Dickerson was a lanky RB and probably had 4.3 speed but looked like he had more 4.5 or 4.6 speed. Dickerson did not look nearly as fast as a Barry Sanders but may have been faster...

Reactions: peezy28
Bro I am 34 I remember my namesake vividly. I been watching football my whole life and can remember as far back to 6 years old 1988 Redskins super bowl and Neon Deion at FSU.

Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Epstein aint no Dickerson don't do that to yourself LOL.

Guys look faster when they bend their hips and run forward. Epstein tends to run with back arched... Doesn't mean he isn't fast just his running style makes him look slower than he is. ED ran Straight up and definitely ran away from people like a track star.

The kid that got kicked out of Clearwater this year Adarius Lemons was very fast but had no vision or lateral movement just strength and power... Most likely a 4.4 (4.3 if you believe his rivals numbers) kid but tall (6'2) check his highlights below and give me your take. You will notice he can't really go fast until he gets those shoulders turned forward but he is out of there when he does.

Just watched your DAnny Ep clip... He "looks" faster but he also got caught from behind on there LOL... I think I can confirm I thought Epstein was not very fast because of his running style.

I would say Mike is definitely faster than his older brother.
I was just pointing out that Mike's older brother Danny was a decent RB as well that went at Cypress Bay.

Epstein aint no Dickerson don't do that to yourself LOL.

Guys look faster when they bend their hips and run forward. Epstein tends to run with back arched... Doesn't mean he isn't fast just his running style makes him look slower than he is. ED ran Straight up and definitely ran away from people like a track star.

The kid that got kicked out of Clearwater this year Adarius Lemons was very fast but had no vision or lateral movement just strength and power... Most likely a 4.4 (4.3 if you believe his rivals numbers) kid but tall (6'2) check his highlights below and give me your take. You will notice he can't really go fast until he gets those shoulders turned forward but he is out of there when he does.

LOL I'm not comparing Epstein to Dickerson. Please...not sure how it appeared that way. Never in a million years.

I'm using Dickerson's style compared to Barry Sanders running style...My point is just style of running form and one's build can be a deceptive appearance and measure of football speed.

Lemons to me looks faster straight ahead than anyone we've viewed but like you said not the best sense of vision. He can get away with that style and his spin move works great for him in HS, but will catch up to him at the next level.

Epstein probably does run with his back more arched than most and looks choppy and slower than what he is sometimes.. but I can tell you their ain't no cheating the top SFL defenses. All yards are hard earned. Ask the Venice RB about that.

Last edited:
LOL I'm not comparing Epstein to Dickerson. Please...not sure how it appeared that way. Never in a million years.

I'm using Dickerson's style compared to Barry Sanders running style...My point is just style of running form and one's build can be a deceptive appearance and measure of football speed.

Lemons to me looks faster straight ahead than anyone we've viewed but like you said not the best sense of vision. He can get away with that style and his spin move works great for him in HS, but will catch up to him at the next level.

Epstein probably does run with his back more arched than most and looks choppy and slower than what he is sometimes.. but I can tell you their ain't no cheating the top SFL defenses. All yards are hard earned. Ask the Venice RB about that.

Yeah "IF" lemons gets a shot at the next level after his self admitted issues with getting caught with weed twice... I had to stay silent on that earlier but he went and told a Tampa Bay Times reporter that and that his ACT scores were low so it was printed in the paper.

He was rated a 4 Star and based on size and speed and potential I can see it but IMO he could have been better if he followed the play instead of bouncing to the outside... That can work in high shcool but against Good teams and in college it won't. It showed in last year's playoff game where he had like 15 carries for 35 yards... Kept trying to bounce it and they were ready for it. He straight ahead speed though is something special.

I agree with you Epstein has speed... Its just deceptive and the 2 games I saw I never saw him break out so to me at that point I didn't think he was fast.

I would say Mike is definitely faster than his older brother.
I was just pointing out that Mike's older brother Danny was a decent RB as well that went at Cypress Bay.

Yeah he is faster he don't get caught from behind his brother does LOL

How many of those guys won the 100 meter in track? Here's an article from 2012 back about the fastest players in college that alludes to some of the stuff Peezy is saying. And Peezy you'll like it Because #1 was Marvin Bracy as a Freshman at FSU. Peezy PC's Defense (what their team is usually built around) was ready for a Lemons type back because their staff had to contend with Bellamy and current guys like FSU bound Zaquandra White

Former Tarpon Mike Bellamy get's a mention in this article. Bellamy who broke the Florida TD record his Sr season, was a 100 and 200 meter state champion (didn't run track his Sr year) and probably could have had twice the number of TDs if he ever played past a half in the regular season and didn't sit out a half dozen quarters for practice issues over his Junior and Sr seasons.

From the article: "There’s basically no need to time a 10.60 or better sprinter in the 40–-you already know he’s fast, probably in the 4.4 to 4.5 range! A good 200-meter time indicates an athlete’s ability to maintain his speed (and hence, go ‘downtown’ on the football field)."

http://heismanpundit.com/2012/05/07/the-fastest-players-in-college-football-2012/

Last edited:
Reactions: BrowardHandicapper
Rainey was a 4.44 guy i dont see that type of.speed here by comparison. Dorsett another 4.4 guy who looked faster.
Lets not take it that far Dorsett was on another level. He ran a legit 4.33 at the combine and he had bad starts. Im convinced he can run in the high 4.2s with more tries.

Rainey was fast, but he had the hips of a god. Could swerve left right 4 yards without slowing lol. Think re ran a 4.45 or something at the combine. His accel was nasty, top speed was pretty good not amazing.

Both rainey and dorsett would smoke epstein, but just saying for a bigger white kid he's much faster than I thought. He changes angles just enough to where his size and momentum are enough to break the arm tackle.

In case anyone wondering why Nu'Trelle ain't jump into anything wiff peezy28, Nu'Trelle policy is always tackle the easy stuff first ... Wave just challenge him to figure out how to reverse the water flow at Niagara Falls.

Moral of the story:
If you gonna start debatin peezy, pack your lunch ... maybe your supper ... a midnight snack a good idea ... maybe also some breakfast ...

Well since you said you were boycotting High School Football or thr Finals or whatever we thought that meant you were boycotting us too... No Such Luck.

I think this Epstein comparison thing is getting out of hand...I don't know how this came to comparing Epstein to Chris Rainey an Phillip Dorsett....

I just thought that calling Epstein "big" and "slow" were not fair statements. The facts are he is one of the faster RBs in SFL right now and whether he cheated it or not has run a laser sub 4.5 40. Epstein is not big IMO 185 lbs and about 5'11. Epstein is being recruited by BCS schools like Michigan, Illinois, Louisville, Boston College and West Virginia. That said ...he probably has at least average FBS speed. I doubt they are recruiting him because is the next stream-rolling Leonard Fournette, a lighting Chris Rainey or a cross between the two with a Dalvin Cook type runner...

Epstein is none of the above but a solid Big-10 Illinois commit and that is probably a fair spot for him. I would take him on my team at the High School level all day.

Don't forget Orlando's other speedster, besides Bracy and cousin Kermit Whitfield, and that would be Olympia High's Cris Johnson. He starred at East Carolina and in the NFL. The League had his combine 40 time at 4.24. I'm just the messenger , but y'all just got smoked........

This thread has run it's course lol. Startin to look like us Dem's still thinkin Hillary got her a chance. Respeck fully, askin peezy to delete it. WAVE OUT!

this posted was edited tomorrow by peezy28 as usual

This thread has run it's course lol. Startin to look like us Dem's still thinkin Hillary got her a chance. Respeck fully, askin peezy to delete it. WAVE OUT!

Come on Wave, you got too much money to be a Dem. Your "boot straps" are lined with gold.

Reactions: Wavebb
I think this Epstein comparison thing is getting out of hand...I don't know how this came to comparing Epstein to Chris Rainey an Phillip Dorsett....

I just thought that calling Epstein "big" and "slow" were not fair statements. The facts are he is one of the faster RBs in SFL right now and whether he cheated it or not has run a laser sub 4.5 40. Epstein is not big IMO 185 lbs and about 5'11. Epstein is being recruited by BCS schools like Michigan, Illinois, Louisville, Boston College and West Virginia. That said ...he probably has at least average FBS speed. I doubt they are recruiting him because is the next stream-rolling Leonard Fournette, a lighting Chris Rainey or a cross between the two with a Dalvin Cook type runner...

Epstein is none of the above but a solid Big-10 Illinois commit and that is probably a fair spot for him. I would take him on my team at the High School level all day.

I think we already reached that conclusion was just throwing out other players known 40s etc

Took a bigger L.than Meek Mill this year...

Some of y'all will get this lol

Reactions: Wavebb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT