ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 43 East Lake 14 Final

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Pezzy said "According to Gatorman East Like is the equivalent to a Sarasota or manatee Freshman team and will lose 99-0 to Venice."

I told you Pezzy that Venice would make East Lake look like a JV team, its the 2nd QT and Venice already has a running clock.......cant get anymore like a contest against JV like competition than that!

Called it!

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
You beat me to it Gman. Venice made East Lake look like a Freshman team

You beat me to it Gman. Venice made East Lake look like a Freshman team
I've watched LaRoach and I just have a hard time believing he's doing what he's doing. The game against STA will come down to this. Is LaRoach like what I saw Emmitt Smith do as junior to a truly great Southeast defense in the 85 state championship? If LaRoach is truly elite, I say Venice can beat STA next week.

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: peezy28
Venice pulled its starters to start the 2nd half and East Lake responds with 2 TD's

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Let'sall hope Venice can pull off the upset.. i want to see a Plant Venice rematch

Plant will have to stay focused against a very competitive (BT- cough cough) Lee team that showed it can win a pinball game shoot out against a quality opponent.

When I was walking out of the Plant game BT had pulled ahead by 7 or 10 in the 4th. Good for Lee. They seem to be an excellent, athletic, and well-coached team.

Should be a very good game with Plant. Hoping the Panthers can keep it close.

Last edited:
Congrats Venice, I love it when the Tarpons, Ft Myers and Venice, teams that started playing against each other in the 1920s are playing this late.

Yeah interesting matchup . ... I didnt want to see Bartram again they never seem to matchup to Tampa Area teams

What about STA? They get to host Venice. Can the Indians go on the road and perform?

YOu know how it goes with STA man... That is a tough hill to climb.

Venice will have to play their best game and STA will have to commit some turnovers in order for Venice to prevail. If they both play their best game, STA will win. I'm rooting for Venice to pull the upset.

What about STA? They get to host Venice. Can the Indians go on the road and perform?

Venice is state caliber if I ever saw a state caliber team. They remind me a lot of several of the Plant championship teams. To beat St. Thomas on their home field, will require a perfect game in all aspects. But I believe it is a distinct possibility. This is no doubt the best Venice team since 2000. I wish them well.

Braden River twice this year exposed the Venice defense for what its capable of when facing a offense with a huge OL, that was also equally adept at both running and passing to move the ball down the field. So the 1st thing you have to ask yourself is this......Can the Venice defense at the very least slow the STA offense? 2nd question is whether LaRoach can continue his truly special season against the STA defense?

I'd love to see Venice come in to town and have LaRoach present an offensive skill set the STA defense has no answer for............then have STA make adjustments to over compensate for LaRoach, which would subsequently allow Carpenter to open up the Venice passing attack. I just don't think however Venice will have an answer for STA's offense........and will just hope instead for a few key stops through out the game. That might be just enough for Venice to pull this one out........

Go Canes Go!

The big mismatch will be STA's pass offense vs. Venice pass defense. Venice CBs will have problems with the STA WRs. Venice's Dline will need to put pressure on the QB.

Last edited:
STA doesn't have Trayvon Grimes. Out for year with ACL after the Bishop Gorman game. However, at STA, it is next man up. Whatever other "all-star" they plucked and are grooming will step in. The only way I see Venice winning this game is with balance on offense, clock control, elimination of all turnovers, and to limit STA to 3 big plays or less.

I bet a Plant guy on STA winning state. Basically i get STA and you get the whole field....

Well well well. Where he at now? Come back and get that man! That just what you been look'n ffor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT