ADVERTISEMENT

Venice 27 STA 20 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a tough one. STA was the man to beat and Venice finally did it. That was a long ride home last year, makes this even better this year.

Reactions: Silver King
Venice definitely won between the tackles. STA's Qb was very inconsistent in the passing game.

Congrats Venice, Huge win.

All those accolades and superlatives and talks of excellence we heard last year from the STA Troll didn't seem to have legs into this season.

The best way to shut people like him and Oracle up, and listen to crickets on this board, is to beat the team they pull for and live vicariously through.

I'm sure if Venice had lost this would have been a bit different. I still read small segments of things people say Venice cant do. I'm pretty realistic. It was a big win. I read those things people had to say about Venice last year. If anyone remembers I didn't shy away from those threads. I was positive in many ways. Still am the same today. Win or lose this game teaches things and reveals character in kids and adults.

Reactions: Silver King
There's a few programs like that left, and two beat STA on what they used to call, "Their annual playoff tuneup on the West Coast"

Our QB who beat them was sending me updates from the game while I was up in North Carolina. I was enjoying those last 7 minutes.

Was an interesting game to say the least. Satisfying to do it at Home as well. As a parent of one of those players I couldn't be more proud of how they have gone about their business this year.
Now to send the seniors out in style they have to re-focus and finish the job

Did STA not exploit black kids this year per assistant coach wife last year?

Venice got this one though I got them winning big at states.

The best way to shut people like him and Oracle up, and listen to crickets on this board, is to beat the team they pull for and live vicariously through.

It's rather funny being accused of vicariously living through something when the person doing the accusing still hasn't moved on from a win in 2002.

The greatest win of his life and the guy literally mentions it in every thread involving STA.

There's a few programs like that left, and two beat STA on what they used to call, "Their annual playoff tuneup on the West Coast"

STA is 32-4 all-time against west coast schools in the playoffs.

Most rational people would chalk that up as a long-term "W" for them.

Nobody at STA seems to care about that but you seem to obsess over it.

Did STA not exploit black kids this year per assistant coach wife last year?

When they lose, it's all about external fury and drunken rage.

When they win, it's all about lollipops and holier than thou preachments.

What kind of character was revealed in Larry Shannon's wife last year when she stormed the field to accost Roger Harriott?

I'm sure the first thing south Florida thought about after the game was this very quote.
If STA had won I'm sure it would have been 8 pages of how sorry Venice and surrounding teams are.
Here in lies a problem with being on a keyboard, you can say what you will but it wont change my feelings of what the players for Venice have accomplished.

In the two previous wins over STA, the west coast team lost the next week.

They had already won their Super Bowl.

I watched them celebrate a win vs Braden River with the same enthusiasm maybe more so.

While it was nice the see the fans pile out of Venice and take the same long drive home we did a year ago, I'm sure it will be better to win on Sat.
After that STA will be just another game in the past.

What kind of character was revealed in Larry Shannon's wife last year when she stormed the field to accost Roger Harriott?

Read my statement and think about the character you displayed by the response above.
Perfect examples usually are hidden only by the blind.

I'm sure the first thing south Florida thought about after the game was this very quote.

Not really.

I only thought of it after your brilliant quote about character.

Laughable coming from the school with the drunk coach's wife and the head coach who was caught committing recruiting violations this summer.

Here in lies a problem with being on a keyboard, you can say what you will but it wont change my feelings of what the players for Venice have accomplished.

This is just a pathetic dodge.

You talked about character. Your program embarrassed itself in 2016-17.

Now you want to dance around the topic.

Typical.

I watched them celebrate a win vs Braden River with the same enthusiasm maybe more so.

Winning a road state semifinal game with mostly underclassmen is hard to do. Let me know when Venice does it.

Also, they then went on to put a running clock on their opponent the next week in the state championship. Let me know when Venice does that, too.

So as you can see, your feeble attempt at a comeback didn't meet my criteria of winning the semifinal and losing the next week.

Read my statement and think about the character you displayed by the response above.
Perfect examples usually are hidden only by the blind.

You dodge the issue like the a typical coward.

STA showed nothing but class both last year and this year and yet they are routinely labeled as the villain while Venice acted disgracefully both on the field (drunk wife accosting Roger Harriott) and off the field (Peacock's recruiting violations).

You are a funny dude.
Did any of those same STA students transfer back to the other schools yet?

I like your love of the program.
Lets here more about that B-A-D STA team this year.
Enlighten me with your key board skills.

The fact that you hang your hat on things that Venice has done is interesting. Most don't give Venice the time of day.

Kind of like how you point out how the STA is down this year is some type of excuse on why they lost.
The fact that they have underclassmen playing means what to who?
Its the team they put on the field, they didn't play well. The did not win.
Simple.

Kind of like how you point out how the STA is down this year is some type of excuse on why they lost.

It's called a fact.

You needed a home game with 17 three year starters to beat the worst STA team in 15 years.

Fanboys like you usually say that facts are excuses.

The fact that they have underclassmen playing means what to who?

Are you really this slow?

You said that STA celebrated in 2015 after the Braden River game. Yeah, they had a lot of enthusiastic kids who had never been there before.

When Venice wins a road semifinal game, let me know.

In your comments I seem to dodge dip duck and dive away from what exactly?

Slow dance or tango today on the forum?

In your comments I seem to dodge dip duck and dive away from what exactly?

The character that was revealed by a coach's wife last year.

Remember, you're the one who brought up character yet you don't seem to want to touch this with a 10-foot pole.

The character that was revealed by a coach's wife last year.

Remember, you're the one who brought up character yet you don't seem to want to touch this with a 10-foot pole.

My character or someone's wife ?
The point of that exact statement was that football brings out character in the players and parents. Very similar to how your character is shown with your statements. I don't know you so I can only gauge your character by how and what you type.

I get where you are going, personally I don't know her. Every time I had a conversation with her it was brief and she was pleasant.

From the outside it seems she made a poor choice and timing was bad, not sure you can argue that point or its not over obvious.

What can you personally gain by figuring one persons actions are the window into the Venice High Football team comprised of 15-18 yr olds and their character on the field??

That says it all.

Venice and their connections can act like sore losers in a disgraceful manner but it doesn't matter.
You do realize that particular fan doesn't care if Venice wins he cares that STA lost.
That cant be a new thing for you. If it is I would seek other ways to occupy my time if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT