ADVERTISEMENT

Someone thought she was qualified to be a sports journalist

There were alot of different ways Bowels could have handled this, but beyond the facial expression was fairly professional with his responce. When the Bucs were part of the NFC central, there were a number of times they'd open the season against the Lions. Found myself reflecting back to the opening game of the 1979 season against the Lions, and the Bucs winning that game.....seems as I recall Jerry Eckwood rushing for over 100 yards as a roookie from Arkansas, I remember Doug Williams slipping down and falling on his butt and throwing a TD pass from the sitting position. Had the stubb from that game, but became lost or misplaced over the years. Still have a McDonalds poster, hanging in my work room commemorating the Bucs 1st regulaar season win at Tampa Stadium the week after getting their 1st ever regular season win against the Saints in New Orleans......

After a UGA game once I got onto the field after the game and was throwing the football around between the hedges with a bunch of the HS kids. I found some atheletic tape on the UGA sideline and on one of the Benches created a "Gator Bait" message that stayed there a couple of weeks before it disappeared. Had a Pic of me pointing to that also, but its also became lost or misplaced along the way.

Last edited:
Bless your heart!

You sure seem to have a number of issues with understanding references made to famous football personailities, terms used for specific type interactions on this board, instances of mispelled words when your generation was instrumental with introducing the use acronyms for diigital communication in lieu of spelling out words etc.....?

Wondering to myself if you even know who coined the pharse "Manatee Magic", the very screen name you use to hide behind from where you sit? My hunch is you'll lack the intgrety to even be honest about that, without 1st attempting to look it up.

Once again......Bless your heart!

P.S. My use of the pharse "Bless your heart" wasn't meant to convey sympathy, so if you remain confused about that I suggest you look that up as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT