ADVERTISEMENT

Silver, momma of Hayden Bradley TE from Buford HS keeps posting a lot of Miami positive vibes

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
This morning she indicated his primary recruiter from Miami is sending her texts almost daily, and she's indicating she beginning to warm up to the idea of life in Florida near Miami. I believe once the recruiting services catch up with things for the 2025 class, he could easily be a 4* TE!

They need help in TE room, its one of the positions that seemed to decline in recruiting. They had some injuries too, and the position wasn't really much of a factor in the offense. Good teams need that special TE than can runblock and get open.

I spoke to her breifly yesterday, the recruiting is pretty open at this point. She says the Gators are staying intouch frequently as well, using the same format the Hurricanes are. Like I said however, she's constantly posting stuff about the Hurricanes, not that means a whole lot one way or the other.......just a observation at this point.

If anything surprises me its not seeing much about UGA? It just a 20-30 minute drive down441 or 129 if your coming from Jefferson to Athens.......I know she's down in the pan handle and has been the SWFL area for summer baseball in this past. so maybe there's a lure for Florida. Sammy Brown who played at Jefferson last year by-passed UGA for Clemson.....Im always surprised when the local boys dont stay and attend UGA......Everything in the area, if not the entire state is all about UGA all the time.

I think program wise, Florida has a few more question marks than Miami at this point three years in with these coaches. Miami has the best QB going in, and Florida has veteran TE's. Hopefully Arroyo's rehab has gone well but I think the kid has more a chance to get on the field at Miami, and a better choice as a program from how things look on paper. But these are my Canes, who operate under The Curse of the Orange Bowl and have done very little in 20 years, even with finally having an average = O-line last season.

UGA can wait on local prospects then put the full court press on when signing day nears.

Miami pays better than UF now. This may change since the Gators have a new NIL collective called Florida Victorious.

Last edited:
I think program wise, Florida has a few more question marks than Miami at this point three years in with these coaches. Miami has the best QB going in, and Florida has veteran TE's. Hopefully Arroyo's rehab has gone well but I think the kid has more a chance to get on the field at Miami, and a better choice as a program from how things look on paper. But these are my Canes, who operate under The Curse of the Orange Bowl and have done very little in 20 years, even with finally having an average = O-line last season.

Florida has its issues, that I feel relate to what I've decided to deem a product related issue. Yesterday there was a article in the orlando newspaper addressing apparent financial short comings with its NIL. My feeling is that as long as the Florida football product remains static, with its current coaching staff still intact....negative recruiting will be used against Florida's recruiting efforts for the 2025 class as well as its difficulties with the fanancials related to NIL......not good times indeed with no apparent light at the end of the proverbial tunnel.

Hopefully the new NIL will solve that problem. With this year’s Gator schedule gauntlet I’m sure the AD has already fine tuned the prospective new head coach list.

When you say "new NIL" is that referring to NIL in its current NCAA guidelines that are outlined as "interim" rules and guidelines, or are you referring to the new Gator collective that is the primary source for generating revenue for its NIL?

You know...... I feel the schedule is actually managable, but based on the football product put on the field the last 2 years it could ultimately put the Gator administration in a position where a decision moving forward will have to be made regarding its coaching staff long term viability. To mention such however in Gatorland presently, is strictly forbidden. Similar to the way it was strictly forbidden to question the over-all effort Dan Mullen was putting into recruiting before he was eventually dismissed...... Im sure you've experienced situations in Seminole forums where narrative was strictly controlled if not censored?

I’m sorry. I was referring to the new NIL collective known as Florida Victorious.

I personally like Billy Napier. I think he is a good coach and person. Looking at Graham Mertz’s play last year you have to give Napier credit. There is no question that many Gator faithful are squirming over the ascent of FSU and the recruiting of Miami. Florida plays what is considered the toughest schedule in college football this year. If they can stave off Miami in the opener and go 6-5 the rest of the way Napier should keep his job. That schedule is brutal and the Gators returning cast does not exactly give you confidence they can pull that off.

You can criticize Norvell on FSU message boards. After the loss to Jacksonville State in 2021 the boards were in complete meltdown mode. The only complaining you hear about him now is the inability to sign 5 star high school recruits who have left FSU at the alter on signing day. Most Gator friends that I have are still recovering from the fact Dan Mullen did not give them a national championship.

Last edited:
Florida Victorious is the collective the Orlando newspaper article was about yesterday. Sources inside Florida Victorious are stating its inability to generate revenue is limiting its ability to compete on a national stage for top talent. I dont think Billy Napier is a good coach on this level, and is way over his head at Florida. I dont find the Gator fans I converse with are pre-occupied with Florida in-state University's, as much as they are with the on field product and the dud finish with this last recruiting class.....(falling from a #3 ranking 2 weeks before ESD to #16 on ESD). In as far as Mertz is concerned, I believe he exceeded expectations but his production was ultimately controlled and protected to ensure he wasn't made vulnerable to the type of things that reflected negatively on him while he was at Wisconsin. The analytics Ive studied project a rather pedisterian performance from Mertz last year, but its hard to hang your hat on that when you consider the poor play of the OL on the whole, and no WR's to throw to beside Persall.....

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkECannon
My stated position on Name, Image, Likeness, "NIL" is the NCAA has stood idly by and allowed it to become unmitigated cluster. The NCAA's own website refers to its own rules and guidelines as it relates to NIL as "Interim", which to me indicates -Not etched in stone and potentially subjuct to change-, that's not helpful legally in the grand scheme of things, if the intent is to stay between the white lines and operate in a productive way to remain competitive.

I took a step back and asked myself is NIL a totally new experience to college athletics or are there already practices in place where business practices are in place that have generated revenue related to Name, Image, Likeness? Wjat came immediately to mind was the "Not for Profit" athletic associations each University has that primary function is to generate revenue for University atheltics. These associations operate totally seperate from the University system, and produce revenue on a annual basis in the hundreds of millions dollars primarily for the University sports programs. One of the ways it does this is through selling rights to its registered trademarks. In essance a example of Name, Image, Likeness adn how its used to generate revenue. My reading has led be to believe that in order to fund a NIL collective sufficiently on a annual basis, a P5 NIL would need to generate 12-25 millions dollars annually. To me a University football program the size of the University of Florida, that is a very doable number, with the right kind of marketing and business structure.

You see on the professional level athelets earn income on a Name, Image, Likeness basis, but the process is market driven. Some atheletes earn income that far exceeds the income they earn from their team related income, others not so much. Something that's become very clear with college NIL presently, its not really market driven...in fact it lacks any real business structure, which to me makes it ultimately unsustainable financially long term. Is why for me I'll only venture into the world of NIL presently, providing any of my income directly to athelets that are selling merch in their Name, Image, Likeness only. Im not providing any of my income to a venture that is unaccountable financially, and amounts to nothing more then a black hole from a business standpoint in as far as the collectives are concerned.

Is another reason I say part of Florida's present problem is a product issue, if you dont have a product that is generally marketable........how does one expect it generate revenue sufficient enough to allow it to compete for national titles or NIL revenue for its atheletes? My suggestion for those with decision making authority, is use the Atheletic Association as a business model to develop a competitive and succesful NIL........The University of Florida approach presently is to extend a hand for a handout and then just throw that money at the problem with no accountability and finally get the product issue on the football field corrected.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT