ADVERTISEMENT

Riverview 42 Manatee 33 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
Not much to say about the loss, Riverview came out playing inspired football, and won the game. Both teams offer very little come playoff time.....................................

Go Canes Go!

Neutral I have a co-worker here in Atlanta that was born in Bradenton, that he calls himself a fair and balanced Gator fan. After Florida's 2nd win this season he and I crossed path's, and naturally discussed the Gators play. I listen to him talk about how the Gators were going to win the east,and how generally great this and that was about the Gators play. I let him complete his assessment and once finished he looked to me to jump on his Gator band wagon. I instead focused on one aspect of the Gators that being the Gator OL, and told him simply the Gators OL is terrible......so bad it would struggle with the heart of its SEC schedule to win games. He looked at me in complete disbelief like he and I hadn't been watching the same team. After the Tennessee game he came back into my office and clasped into the chair in front my desk and admitted I was right!

Last night I watched a Hurricane team that to me has no heart and soul, when its comes time hunker down for a tuff opponent. I saw the Manatee home stands embarrassingly empty, questionable play calling by the Manatee coaching staff and finally a program that at best is on the path to mediocrity. TWC249 represents all those things that came along with Manatee football as Joe established Manatee as a state power.........the delusional, cult following of Manatee football!

Go Canes Go!

... as Joe established Manatee as a state power.........the delusional, cult following of Manatee football! Go Canes Go!
You gotta trust Nu'Trelle on this. Gotta go on blind faith, my man. If Manatee don't win the State Championship this year ... life in Bradenton will somehow go on!!!

You gotta trust Nu'Trelle on this. Gotta go on blind faith, my man. If Manatee don't win the State Championship this year ... life in Bradenton will somehow go on!!!

This quote represents Neutral at his finest!! But it fails to account for the delusional that may end up suicidal ... will their lives go on, too? Or does the possible demise of Manatee dominance make it not worthwhile? That, my friend, is an existential question ...

To DarterBlue2:

If Nu'Trelle were a Manatee HS fan, he'd gladly trade every trophy in the building for the promise that the hallways would be kept free of the various felons plus the deadbeat child molester who helped earn some of those Championships.

Reactions: Silver King
Some things are hard to accept. This from their Twitter page:

Manatee Football– ‏@ManateeFB

Embarrassing loss tonight...Manatee 33 Riverview 42 | Final

To DarterBlue2:

If Nu'Trelle were a Manatee HS fan, he'd gladly trade every trophy in the building for the promise that the hallways would be kept free of the various felons plus the deadbeat child molester who helped earn some of those Championships.

Yes, I believe that to be true. But Nu'Trelle, does not represent the typical fan in the modern era. So, you would probably have little company. Not saying I disagree with you, just observing where we seem to be.

Last night, Manatee was out coached big time. Their run defense is awful, and the play calling is equally as bad. Riverview's offensive coordinator did a great job last night. If Riverview wins their remaining 2 district games, they will be district champs. Manatee is on a down hill spiral fast.

The delusional cult following I referred to were the same group that refused to understand Joe's failure to act as the Manatee HS athletic program figure head, and that he was ultimately where the blamed started and stopped with the misappropriation of funds with the baseball team and for allowing the Frazier situation to go on. Its the same group that refuses now to allow any opinion on the Manatee football program, other than those given from a rose colored glasses perspective.

I dont have a problem with Booth getting out coached, or never winning a state title as much as I see he has no ability to build let alone sustain a program. The freshman football team is now well on its way to being win-less for 3 consecutive years. Booth seems to be more interested in transfers, than establishing a program who's foundation is based on the community within the county school board designed boundaries.

Perhaps its the way things are now, but to me it takes away from everything that always represented the heart and soul of community pride.....................

Go Canes Go!

Reactions: 181pl
Question,

Has the emergence of Braden River hurt Manatee more than folks want to admit?

Also will SE ever be able to get back to competing and making the playoffs?

I think the success of Braden River has hurt Manatee. If Braden River was a terrible program, they wouldn't affect Manatee at all. They are the complete opposite, therefore, players want to play there. Winning is the best recruiting tool.

Question,

Has the emergence of Braden River hurt Manatee more than folks want to admit?

Also will SE ever be able to get back to competing and making the playoffs?

Southeast may be able to periodically compete. But sustaining it will be difficult. They just don't have anywhere near the same area to pull from that they had 25 years ago. Rashad West should do a good job there with what he has.

There is a lot that has hurt Manatee over the past couple of years but with all the talent in this county, there is no reason they shouldn't be able to win their district every year.

When's the last time Manatee lost to the Rams?

Have you ever seen a Manatee defense give up 70+ points?

Booker calls his own fake against Palmetto to sneak a 7-3 win out?

How does he have that authority to make that call and what would have happened should he not have made it?

Does Coach Stallard or Booth take the blame or put it on Booker's head?

You have one of the best backs in the county and continue to run that wildcat offense, I don't get it.

Too many questions and not enough answers but, "we just didn't play well enough to win."

Good question and the one's that say their intimately connected to the program that post on the board, I wouldn't take seriously because they tend have such biased perspectives. All I know is the reality of what I've seen personally here and there or find out on my own. Living 500 miles away though ultimately has its limitations...............

If the intent is to stay viable as a state power, I've seen enough to deem Booth not the guy for the job! If the long term goal for the program is something less than that however, I can see Booth hanging around for another year or so.............

Go Canes Go!

Good question and the one's that say their intimately connected to the program that post on the board, I wouldn't take seriously because they tend have such biased perspectives. All I know is the reality of what I've seen personally here and there or find out on my own. Living 500 miles away though ultimately has its limitations...............

If the intent is to stay viable as a state power, I've seen enough to deem Booth not the guy for the job! If the long term goal for the program is something less than that however, I can see Booth hanging around for another year or so.............

Go Canes Go!

I agree Gator.

If they want to remain a "name" within the HSFB talk, they must move on.

John is a great guy but I don't think he has what Manatee needs to remain a contender at this point.

Who knows though, maybe a shake up of his assistants would change the dynamics of this team.

We all know the talent is still there.

I think this should be Booth's last year, but Manatee will probably keep him there for another 2 years to let it play out and see if he can right the situation.

Booth can probably turn things around. Like other big league HS programs, they need more transfers. More out of state players would probably be a plus. They should be shooting for 35-40 transfers per year. 10-12 locals is not nearly enough. It's not too early to think about 2017.

Neutral we all know where you stand on the moral and ethical decline of HS football as it relates to winning at all costs, but sometimes as my wife has told me from time to time " it was funny maybe the first couple of times, but after that not so much"

Go Canes Go!

Wow so we may see DP-Manatee round 1.

Osceola or Vero in the region final.

Who y'all got in Region 1

Neutral we all know where you stand on the moral and ethical decline of HS football as it relates to winning at all costs, but sometimes as my wife has told me from time to time " it was funny maybe the first couple of times, but after that not so much".
To gatorman001 (and peezy too): If either of you believe Nu'Trelle was tryin to be funny, you are sadly mistaken. If all you care about is winning, go out and do what other powerhouses do, by hook or crook manufacture a world-class team.

99% of the comments on here about Coach Booth and the current state of the Manatee program have been negative. Maybe the Hurricanes aren't quite as relevant as their most zealous fans would like. Maybe the transfers they've managed to scrape up haven't been as effective as twc2499 prophesied, but off-the field Manatee has somehow managed to clean up its act. Few, if any, supporters bother to mention anything about that. No one seems to take any pride in that fact.

No, my friend, it's NOT funny. To the contrary, it's sickening that people are obsessed to THAT degree.

Well of course.................how assuming it was of me to forget what a consistently serious and non- obsessed fan you are. Even though your almost 6000 post statistically might point towards posts that are typically filled with some sort of off-beat humor as well as laced with an almost redundant theme of satire...................none of us regulars should have ever been lulled into thinking you're nothing but serious 100% of the time...........

Go Canes Go!

Well you can take this as satire, humor or whatever you please, but if I'd had a son or daughter and lived in Bradenton, neither child would have attended Manatee High School. The place was an embarassment to the entire community. What good are trophies if the integrity meter reads "zero"?

Well keep us updated then on the Lee County community you do live in and its generally outstanding public school system, particularly its above reproach athletic programs................ I'm sure in time it will become mine and possibly others envy...................

Go Canes Go!

You don't have to wait, hoss. Nu'Trelle helped with Estero's baseball program back in the late 80's. No one raped anyone and no one was convicted of a felony. We played respectable baseball for a start-up high school without using a single criminal.

Envy THAT pardner.

Okay so we're going back to the 80's.....................to hang your hat on something for us to envy as it relates Lee county and its above reproach athletic programs. So would you care to enlighten me on what specific criminal activity was going on at Manatee HS in the 80's? I'm willing to play the decade comparison game, but for some reason I thought your chosen path to disparaging Manatee HS was one that was based its more recent history...... I'm wide awake however and shouldn't have any problem with responding to a fluid exchange of opinions.........

Go Canes Go!

Okay so we're going back to the 80's.....................to hang your hat on something for us to envy as it relates Lee county and its above reproach athletic programs. So would you care to enlighten me on what specific criminal activity was going on at Manatee HS in the 80's? I'm willing to play the decade comparison game, but for some reason I thought your chosen path to disparaging Manatee HS was one that was based its more recent history...... I'm wide awake however and shouldn't have any problem with responding to a fluid exchange of opinions.........

Go Canes Go!
Careful with the old guy Gatorman. You're libel to get a morality play/tale with Neutral in the starring role. Que up the tough streets of Columbus.....more like Boca Del-Vista(wink,wink)

Reactions: peezy28
The late 80's and early 90's was the perood of my involvement at Estero High School.

Are you actually serious about making ANY atempt to defend what took place for any number of years at Manatee HS. You can't possibly be that disoriented!

Careful with the old guy Gatorman. You're libel to get a morality play/tale with Neutral in the starring role. Que up the tough streets of Columbus.....more like Boca Del-Vista(wink,wink)
Take a number and move to the back of the bus, junior. We are currently serving gatorman.

I'll play your game any way you like, as I have no problem dealing with the good, the bad and yes the ugly. You want to draw attention to the 80's and 90's, so lets talk 80's and 90's...........eventually however you'll have to face the more current history of the community you live in as its relates to the Lee county and its HS athletic programs. Where you and I will differ at that point will be my acceptance of reality, and the subsequent realization that for me to make disparaging comments about another community as it relates to HS athletics, would be nothing more than than blatant hypocrisy! So I don't do it, unless of course some self righteous stone thrower, chooses to ignore the glass house he dwells in..............

Go Canes Go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Milquetoast
nope....................but needed to be corrected never the less......should have been"disparaging"

Go Canes Go!

Reply to gatorman001:

You know what, man, I've read your last post several times and it's almost impossible to understand where the hell you're coming from, but I'll try to respond:

gatorman001: I'll play your game any way you like, as I have no problem dealing with the good, the bad and yes the ugly.
Nu'Trelle: I have absolutely no idea what that sentence means.

gatorman001: You want to draw attention to the 80's and 90's, so lets talk 80's and 90's ...
Nu'Trelle: I want to draw attention to the 80's and 90's??? I mentioned the 80's and 90's because that's the only time I've any direct involvement with HS sports -- the only time when I've had any opportunity to try to make a difference in the lives of high school kids.

gatorman001: ... eventually however you'll have to face the more current history of the community you live in as its relates to the Lee county and its HS athletic programs.
Nu'Trelle: Lee County is a big place, hoss. I live in Bonita Springs, about 5 miles from Estero HS. When the place opened up, the baseball coach asked if I would volunteer to help. Since roughly half of the varsity and JV players came through our Babe Ruth program, I made time to help. I thought then - and still think to this day - that trying to be a positive influence in a kid's life is one of the most important things any man (or woman) can do.

gatorman001: Where you and I will differ at that point will be my acceptance of reality, and the subsequent realization that for me to make disparaging comments about another community as it relates to HS athletics, would be nothing more than than blatant hypocrisy!
Nu'Trelle: Your verbiage is confusing, but one point is dead certain. We differ greatly, especially from a philosophical standpoint. Another thing that's dead certain is this: Facts are facts. If you stick to citing facts, my friend, you can't be guilty of making "disparaging remarks." As for being a hypocrite, a hypocrite isn't someone who works with facts, a hypocrite is a person who claims to be one thing, but in practice conducts himself in an opposite manner.

gatorman001: So I don't do it (practice hypocrisy), unless of course some self righteous stone thrower, chooses to ignore the glass house he dwells in ...
Nu'Trelle: Yeah gatorman, apparently in your mind, I'm "self-righteous" and a "hypocrite". Pretty handy to adavnce a theory by using that assumption. Maybe you deserve an apology. If it was wrong in your mind, forgive me for reading what's been written in the media over the years about wrongdoing within Manatee HS's football program. While we're at it, forgive me for being disgusted that kids were the victims of the various wrongdoings that were once licensed and practiced there. Also, forgive me for being appalled that countless adults stood by for years, watched what was happening and made no attempt to put a stop to things. And by all means, please forgive me for being happy when rational adults in the Manatee County School system stepped up to the plate, made the decision to say "enough is enough" and put an end to the corruption that was involved.

I guess you're a Manatee High alum. If that's the case, if I were you, I wouldn't be worried one iota ... not even one ... about Manatee won-loss record, or how their freshman team is doing or how weak the O-Line play is or Booth's inability to coach a state contender or any of the other trivial minutia that you come on here week after week to whine about.

The school board dictated that Manatee clean house. And that's what happened. If I were you, I wouldn't be complaining, I'd be elated. So, if you don't mind, let's not worry about Booth winning everything. Instead, let's keep our fingers crossed that he can figure out how to keep the program free of the dirt and corruption that was once the unfortunate hallmark of the "legend" who lost his way.

As Silver King recently stated, Lee County opened up too many new high schools in the past 10-12 years to be relevant state-wide in football. To my knowledge, Lee has only had 3 teams make the state championship game. Verot x 2 and Estero once. 'We' have had some tough semi-final losses over the years. North blew a game against Glades Central in the early 70's and lost by 3. Fort Myers had loaded teams in 91 and 92 but couldn't get past Aquinas. Estero lost a close one to STA in 99?. Sammy Watkins and the new school which never should have been built, South FM, lost to Duke Johnson and the Norland Vikings in 2010. With all that said, gatorman001, you win.

However... Please don't state that Lee County's current high school athletic programs don't stack up in today's world. You are talking about all sports, from that comment. Right? Well then you owe me one. Fort Myers High School has a trophy in the school for recent athletic accomplishments. It's the Floyd E. Lay Sunshine Cup All-Sports award for the best high school in 6A last year. I'm fairly certain you have heard of it but if not, check out fhsaa.org. I believe that should end any further discussion on the state of Lee County sports in general.

I have never posted any negative remark regarding Manatee High. Never will. Not to mention, Lee County gave your legendary Coach Kinnan his first ever HC position at Cypress Lake. Off to Clewiston. WAVE OUT!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT