ADVERTISEMENT

Nominations Now Opened for 2023 POY

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Rules: 1) To keep up with the times, you don't even have to have posted, debated, or campaigned to be nominated. 2) To vote, you don't even have to have ever been on this board before. 3) One or two nominations per person; supporting sentences are optional. 4) Nominations must be submitted prior to the ball dropping @ Midnight New Year's Eve (unless you have to ballot harvest for your nominee). 5) List your nominees below, please.

If we don't get any more participation than gatorman's pick-'em contest, he defaults as the winner.

Last edited:
I like Broadway Joe but here is why I would go with gatorman001:

* Backs up his points with facts and opinions
* Entertaining posts that provide a lot of content
* He’s salty when he wants to be
*.Historical knowledge
*.He is passionate about high school football
* DanInDaytona loves to go after him and I love my brother DanInDaytona

So noted Sir Mark, gm001 is the board guru, and we agree on most everything except Brion Carnes!

I hope everyone participates, all six of you—that's you too, Peezy!! You're overdue for your third appearance this year; you and Wavebb had less sightings than the Skunk Ape this past year.

Warning, this may be the last year for POY.

SK predicts that by this time next year (God willing, we're all still around and haven't joined our buddy Blue 2), we will be calling it Curmudgeon of the Year. I expect next season to be a Shitshow Celebration of the Era of Mercenaryism. And those of us left on here are museum exhibits, dinosaurs from an era when football was viewed and played differently; the game taught valuable life lessons and saved lives (perhaps even mine).

Reactions: MarkECannon
I believe this is the play that etched a permenent place for Brion in Silver's HOF. Of course was also the same QB that threw almost as many INT's (6), that year as he threw TD's (7), in the 1st round of the playoffs that year Manatee fell behind Fort Myers 14-0, with Brion playing his typical inconsistent game. Kinnan then throws in a Freshman at QB, who promtly leads Manatee to a TD. What does Kinnan do then, he puts Brion back into the game.......Kinnan at that point had made the decision to go to the spread, and is the only reason I could rationalize why he stayed with Brion. I made the prediction when Brion left for Nebraska, he'd never take a varsity snap during a regular season at qb for Nebraska and he never did. Brion left for Northern Iowa when Nebraska made the decision to move him to wr.

Thanks for the nomination. I sincerely think I should get it. The only person who may be able to beat me is Donald J. Trump, but that's a post for another board. Anyways, I think we should vote again...so much that I put up another post about this...as it stands Congrats Gatorman, but Roll Tide as they say down in my neck of the woods.

Classy. This is like Custer's Last Stand in here as the changing world of Florida High School FB keeps circling closer and closer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT