ADVERTISEMENT

Nomination for POY after a year off

Silver King

Nov 29, 2002
Punta Gorda
Jambun rebirthed the board, so its only natural to get your nominations in as we bring back this high honor of HS football Know-it-Alls.

Now look we don't need no Resistance movements or investigations, just a short blurb why.

I'll start:

HWY: Wears his love for HS football on his sleeve - if his team isn't doing well, crashes and burns, like we all want to. Plus he had the best Swan Song ever - Cecil B. Demille worthy. Maybe if he wins, we attract him back.

DeSoto poolboy: 1st, you have to love the name, conjures up a vision of a guy sweeping the pool wearing only a silver Speedo, cowboy hat and those Mexican boots with the long upswept pointy toes. But he came strong until he was muzzled - called a new coach invigorating a good team this season, as other's doubted.

Wilddog10: Settled down for some reasonably good takes, but makes me wonder how Desoto he is in the battle with poolboy - but being from just down HWY17, I realize coaching changes in small towns are derisive.

HWY17: Great voice of reason to heartland football

Choctaw_fan: Can talk with the boys and not run for cover in the Me2 era. North Fl HSFB Maven!

Neutral Observer: Broke own record 3 times this year for longest post - haven't seen a steak like that since Mike Bellamy kept upping his rushing records at Charlotte. Yeah he can get cranky, but, still the board's enforcer for fair play.

Peezy: Wielded the ban like a Jedi Light Saber, but usually always stopped just short of flaming anyone for any reason. He "Let 'em Play" as they say in Jambun's world.

Jambun: Might be a tad sensitive by the time he gets on here, after having to listen to whining, sniveling coaches, side line lawyers and fans, for a few hours every Friday night, Hell wouldn't you? Yet he is still the go-to guy to complain about a rule, or ask a serious rule question, and he brought life back into a dead (even if he proclaimed it) board.

Gatorman001: lives away but still the reigning expert on all things Manatee. Another guy who loves his program so much it hurts.

Football941: All things Venice Indians, was part of that epic battle against the Village Idiot Canes0177 and his morphs.

DPHS: Because he so edgy

non_00zx5879k0jmw: Possibly Rookie Poster of the Year, although he has a very Deja Vu essence

Wave & TWC2499: Not enough posts to qualify.

WHO YA GOT? VOTING STARTS LATER THIS WEEK

Last edited:
my vote is for Choctaw_fan her life goal is to win this and maybe she will go away after she does. on a side note I might be the only person left not to be nominated lol. Also I nominate Florida_slayer/Columbiafan for quitting 3 times but not being able to stay away.

Reactions: peezy28 and Wavebb
DPHS, will have to check, you might not have reached the minimum - because to be eligible you also have to post a fair amount of nonsense during the doldrums of Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, and Spring Baseball

Why do I have to go away? What did I do?

I don't want to win until I have a terminal illness. That's not happening yet. I hope to live 20 more years and see if my boys can figure out how to procreate!

DPHS, will have to check, you might not have reached the minimum - because to be eligible you also have to post a fair amount of nonsense during the doldrums of Basketball, Hockey, Soccer, and Spring Baseball

yeah 30 post in a year won't cut it.

Why do I have to go away? What did I do?

I don't want to win until I have a terminal illness. That's not happening yet. I hope to live 20 more years and see if my boys can figure out how to procreate!

well I hope you don't have a terminal illness anytime soon either so I withdraw my vote for choctawfan.

Reactions: peezy28
Congrats SK! Chasing a little one around will definitely keep you young. Playing in that Turkey Day game will make you very old. Stop that! Your grandchild will need you!

Reactions: Silver King
Nah,only 15 years of being a paying member.
DANG!... Um... You may be the very last paying member.... Like... I am not even a paying member...

I think you win.... Unless you forfeit this year as you said you don't want to win it to the end of it then I withdraw as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT