ADVERTISEMENT

Manatee's 2024 Schedule

@Lowndes County & @Buchholz back to back. Almost 1000 miles.
Lowndes isnt the same team it was since Mcpherson retired a couple of years ago, they were only 4-6 last year but have their QB and several quality defensive players coming back this coming season. I like Lowndes stadium alot and the campus there too!

Buchholz lost a ton of talent on offensive last year, Trace Johnson QB, (Shane Joohnson's son) is coming back and a quality WR and lost most of its defensive talent......other than that got some guys on both sides of the ball on the line of scrimmage......I was thinking maybe making a Gainesville week out of it....Florida plays TAMU on that Staurday.

Reactions: MarkECannon
Pretty Stout, glad the Tarps aren't on it this season.
Manatee's going to have a ton of skilled talent, (they should have 5-6 guys that are capable of winning a state title in the 4X100 and one or two that may qualify for the 100 at state), a returning QB, but the OL is going to be a big question mark. They have one returning starter that struggled at OT..(he'll be a junior this coming season), and then a ton of size but with no experience.

Defensively they'll have 2 - 3* on the DL, a kid I watched on JV that has size and showed flashes of possibly being real good at NG. LB's were a weak spot last year particularly at MLB, and they'll be replacing everyone there. A 6'2" 220lb kid from Southeast has transfered in..(was injured most of last year), what clips I was able to find appears to be a very physical player however. DB's should be very solid....

So the pieces are there, just never sure what will actually maifest its self on the field?

Good luck; you know how I feel. I always marvel at the skills Manatee puts out consistently. But you have to have that OL / DL to get the most out of them when it counts.

Manatee (and others) have had teams loaded before, good enough to breeze through the playoffs. But in those three games, from the Regional Final on, teams begin to encounter similar skills and speed. Then, a vast majority of the time, they run-up against a team that has enough dominant OL/DL to be the difference.

I think most coaches would say it's much easier to find an elite WR or RB than find a couple of dominating OLs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT