ADVERTISEMENT

MANATEE 38 WIREGRASS 0 FINAL

gatorman001

Aug 31, 2003
You shut a team out as well as have a 2nd half running clock, it's hard to find a whole lot to complain about........yet on offense the Manatee coaching staff should have a lot to be concerned with particularly with blocking by its WRs and TEs. The Manatee defense was dominate the entire game forcing 3 INTs (2 of which were returned for TDs) and 2 safeties after Manatee turnovers!

Reactions: MarkECannon
Manatee's offense will be fine! Tons of team speed and very athletic! There young and will get better each week! Keith McMahon has already done a great job with the OL. The new QB coach/Offensive co-coordinator Tripp Allen is lights out! Over 30 years coaching in Georgia. The difference will be coaching! Green is surrounding himself with good coaches and that will be the difference. Talent has never been and will never be an issue! we get the dudes every year! This is not the team you saw last year.....Hopefully they stay healthy and keep improving every week.

Manatee's offense will be fine! Tons of team speed and very athletic! There young and will get better each week! Keith McMahon has already done a great job with the OL. The new QB coach/Offensive co-coordinator Tripp Allen is lights out! Over 30 years coaching in Georgia. The difference will be coaching! Green is surrounding himself with good coaches and that will be the difference. Talent has never been and will never be an issue! we get the dudes every year! This is not the team you saw last year.....Hopefully they stay healthy and keep improving every week.
#6 missed a ton of blocks last night, for a TE that just can't consistently happen like it did last night . WRs were very inconsistent with their perimeter blocking as well.

Again, they will be fine! They're young and will get better as they get more experience! You can find something with every team you watch at this time of the year. Everything is correctable!

Dunbar too fast for Tarps, 23-3. Tarpon D stopped them a few times in the red zone too.
So I was talking to a player on the team, he indicated Dunbar showed alot of looks that they hadnt prepared for based on the flim the coaches used for game prep.

So I was talking to a player on the team, he indicated Dunbar showed alot of looks that they hadnt prepared for based on the flim the coaches used for game prep.
It may have been more about not executing. I wasn't at the game, but heard their WR had a huge night. The offense never got on track, OL didn't protect and recievers couldn't get open.

Attended Tampa Jesuit Tigers @ Wharton Wildcats Friday night. Some people were calling the game The Battle of the Transfers. I was told the Tampa Bay Times ran an article earlier in the week about Wharton’s 15 transfers.

The first half was dominated by both defenses. Two 60+ yard TD passes by each led to a 7-7 score until Jesuit managed a FG to end the 1st half.

Jesuit looked like their usual teams of the past in the 2nd half coming out and pretty much controlling both sides of the ball. Wharton scored a 4th quarter TD to make the score to 17-13 Jesuit but the Tigers marched right down the field to put the game away and won 24-13.

Wharton is expecting big things this year. I think they will deliver. Defense is pretty stout. The Wildcat offense has the skill players but their OL is somewhat pedestrian. Top rated junior IMG transfer Stacey Gage was completely shut down. The QB, one of 3 QB transfers, appears to be very capable.

Jesuit has reloaded plus the return of their QB, top RB and WR. Not sure if they will repeat as state champs but they have, as always, one of the best coaching staffs in the state.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorman001
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT